Ring In The New Year With New MOTU Origins Product Pre-Orders Going Live At Mightnight - No Longer A Walmart Exclusive Line

12 minutes ago, Blurr86 said:

Cool! Me, on the other hand, I'm just cherry picking the ones that'll complete and complement my MOTU Classics toyline. So I'm just gonna get me Orko, any vehicle that a Classic can ride with their size, any effect/weapon that'll fit the 7 inch line, and such. Then on to #masterverse---just to fill out the missing 7" figures that my collection needs. ūüėá

I also collect classics more on the side of the Filmation figures from Super 7 which are fantastic in my opinion. Now moving to Thunder cats since Super 7 is not making anymore MOTU figures... 

• Like 1
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the past year the only place in the US where you could get Mattel's new Masters of the Universe Origins figures was Walmart. We knew sometime in 2021 other retailers would be allowed to start carr

This has got to be a variant. Can't see it in any other way.

The new Masters of the Universe Origins Exclusive Target Exclusive Rise Of Evil 2-Pack from Mattel which includes figures of Keldor and Kronis is now listed on Target.com though not currently availabl

Posted Images

On 1/1/2021 at 2:26 AM, Carlos said:

My local Target already has the pegs for the MOTU Orgins but they also have a peg for a MOTU DLX FIG for $19.99. I wonder if these are the new 7in. MOTU figures.

20201231_115708.jpg

maybe just deluxe

• Thanks 1
On 1/2/2021 at 12:20 AM, deecee4 said:

Yeah, you can easily cancel items from your pre-order.

Im still collecting classics here and there so don't think I'll be getting into origins but it's awesome to see them now easily available for everyone who collects them.

Hey hey! yes! Classics is the best. Though I'm hoping to grab some of those Origins minicomics one of these days. Aren't you even slightly curious about the continuity of the MOTU story? Friendly question, really :)

• Thanks 1

Here in the US new Masters of the Universe Origins products from Mattel have begun showing up at Target stores including the new Deluxe Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor figures. The DCPI# for Skeletor is 087-16-5586. These figures are no longer exclusive to Walmart. The images of the Battle armor figures come via plaityme who also put together a quick video showing off the battle armor chest flip motion which appears to work better on Skeletor than He-Man.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJj5bEFg1FX/

In the images he also shows off how you can mix up parts between these new Deluxe Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor figures with the regular versions including the heads and legs.

Other products I've heard hitting Targets includes the wave of figures with She-Ra, Roboto, Mer-Man And Zodac. I've also seen reports of Battle Cat and the Sky-Sled with Prince Adam now being found at Target stores. Some of the older figures that were originally released at Walmart last year I believe have also been seen at Target's now.

The new Origins Panthor has also been found Target

here in the US as well as Walmart stores in Canada. The one I saw found at Target was seen in an Oregon store. The package images of Panthor come via possessedhorde and the out of package shot with Skeletor riding him comes via eternal_eternia.

As of this posting Target has yet to list any of the new Origins product on their website, of course you can pre-order all of these items from places like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Also don't forget that there will be a Flocked version of Panthor

released for $39.99 and Walmart sometime in the near future.

Other products I've heard hitting Targets includes the wave of figures with She-Ra, Roboto, Mer-Man And Zodac. I've also seen reports of Battle Cat and the Sky-Sled with Prince Adam now being found at Target stores. Some of the older figures that were originally released at Walmart last year I believe have also been seen at Target's now.

here in the US as well as Walmart stores in Canada. The one I saw found at Target was seen in an Oregon store. The package images of Panthor come via possessedhorde and the out of package shot with Skeletor riding him comes via eternal_eternia.

As of this posting Target has yet to list any of the new Origins product on their website, of course you can pre-order all of these items from places like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

16__scaled_600.jpg

Check out all the new in-hand images for the regular Panthor, Battle Armor He-Man and Battle Armor Skeletor below. If you see any of these in the wild please feel free to help your fellow collectors out by posting the locations and images of your finds below in the COMMENTS SECTION as well as any other pertinent info like DPCI#'s or UPC numbers.

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-01.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-02.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-03.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-04.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-05.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-06.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-07.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-08.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-01.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-02.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-03.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-04.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-05.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-06.jpg

MOTUO-King-Randor-By-Superthug3000-01.jpg

MOTUO-King-Randor-By-Superthug3000-02.jpg

MOTUO-King-Randor-By-Superthug3000-03.jpg

MOTUO-Panthor-00.jpg

MOTUO-Panthor-01.jpg

MOTUO-Panthor-03.jpg

• Thanks 1

A more resistant armor damage gimmick may be better than the hair-trigger of the originals. I remember that mine would sometimes trigger when I moved the arms, had them 'walk' or laid them down.

• Thanks 1

Man the selection of characters is growing fast. Hopefully they’ll get to some that missed out on a full release in the original run, and possibly some playsets outside of Snake Mountain and Castle Grayskull.

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, JayC said:

Here in the US new Masters of the Universe Origins products from Mattel have begun showing up at Target stores including the new Deluxe Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor figures. The DCPI# for Skeletor is 087-16-5586. These figures are no longer exclusive to Walmart. The images of the Battle armor figures come via plaityme who also put together a quick video showing off the battle armor chest flip motion which appears to work better on Skeletor than He-Man.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJj5bEFg1FX/

In the images he also shows off how you can mix up parts between these new Deluxe Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor figures with the regular versions including the heads and legs.

16__scaled_600.jpg

Check out all the new in-hand images for the regular Panthor, Battle Armor He-Man and Battle Armor Skeletor below. If you see any of these in the wild please feel free to help your fellow collectors out by posting the locations and images of your finds below in the COMMENTS SECTION as well as any other pertinent info like DPCI#'s or UPC numbers.

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-01.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-02.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-03.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-04.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-05.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-06.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-07.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-He-Man-08.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-01.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-02.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-03.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-04.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-05.jpg

MOTUO-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-06.jpg

MOTUO-King-Randor-By-Superthug3000-01.jpg

MOTUO-King-Randor-By-Superthug3000-02.jpg

MOTUO-King-Randor-By-Superthug3000-03.jpg

MOTUO-Panthor-00.jpg

MOTUO-Panthor-01.jpg

MOTUO-Panthor-03.jpg

I'll be getting me the smooth Panthor but what's it about flocked Panthors and Battle Cats that some people are raving about? I don't get it? Those things are dust magnets and it's not like one will hug it like a Teddy when they go to bed, just the way I see it. Not hating or anything like that. Peace.

• Thanks 1
On January 2, 2021 at 9:29 AM, Blurr86 said:

So I'm just gonna get me Orko, any vehicle that a Classic can ride with their size, any effect/weapon that'll fit the 7 inch line, and such. Then on to #masterverse---just to fill out the missing 7" figures that my collection needs. ūüėá

I thought about using Origins Orko with Classics too but it didn't occur to me that maybe classics will be able to fit into Origins vehicles....maybe even possible for Classics to fit in with Origins Castle Grayskull...!

• Thanks 1
On January 2, 2021 at 2:07 PM, Blurr86 said:

Hey hey! yes! Classics is the best. Though I'm hoping to grab some of those Origins minicomics one of these days. Aren't you even slightly curious about the continuity of the MOTU story? Friendly question, really :)

I'll wait for them to be collected lol. I actually have that Dark Horse mini comics collection right next to me and go through it every once in a while.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, deecee4 said:

I'll wait for them to be collected lol. I actually have that Dark Horse mini comics collection right next to me and go through it every once in a while.

Another way to go about it. Though those minicomics are kinda cute and thrilling to catch on their own. Hehe... so reminiscent of vintage

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, deecee4 said:

I thought about using Origins Orko with Classics too but it didn't occur to me that maybe classics will be able to fit into Origins vehicles....maybe even possible for Classics to fit in with Origins Castle Grayskull...!

I'd suggest to watch the vid reviews first if you'll go this route. BUT if any of the Origins playsets work out for your Classics figures, message me here. :D

• Thanks 1

Shown below are carded images giving us a look at the basic Masters of the Universe Origins Hordak and Tri-Klops. Also shown are the other two figures in the wave which are Ninjor and Stratos which we had previously seen. We can see this verion of Tri-Klops is based on his regular look and is not the Fan-Poll winner version. Also not there is a Deluxe Hordak figure coming that we have not yet seen images for.

The Hordak wave is available for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com

MOTUO-Ninjor.jpg

MOTUO-00.jpg

MOTUO-Hordak.jpg

MOTUO-Stratos.jpg

MOTUO-TriKlops.jpg

• Thanks 1

109945424_3094696387316193_5003142229642192005_o.thumb.jpg.30e144548c28bfac44e3bca5c6c2db1f.jpgThere's no way they didn't already have Tri-Klops sculpted/tooled and the molds machined prior to them finishing that poll for which figure fans wanted between him and Keldor. And the image of Tri-Klops from the poll differs from this design (it had more of the mini-comic look to it).

Unless the design shown was for some kind of variant or exclusive.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Vaporman87 said:

109945424_3094696387316193_5003142229642192005_o.thumb.jpg.30e144548c28bfac44e3bca5c6c2db1f.jpgThere's no way they didn't already have Tri-Klops sculpted/tooled and the molds machined prior to them finishing that poll for which figure fans wanted between him and Keldor. And the image of Tri-Klops from the poll differs from this design (it had more of the mini-comic look to it).

I believe that the Tri-Klops in the fan poll is indeed a different version that should fit in nicely with the LoP stuff. Putting that one in the poll was a good choice for Mattel since it'll allow them to reuse a head that is very character specific. I'm sure that the chest covering of the fan poll figure will get repurposed for some other figure down the line. MotU was all about gimmicks to sell the line (beyond the first assortment which was all power-punch) and parts reuse to keep it cheap to manufacture. Seems like this line is staying true to the gimmicks at least somewhat (glad to see that battle armor figures retain the gimmick) and are embracing the parts reuse (they'd be fools not to). I expect to see more of the LoP / Mini-Comics inspired figures since they are a great way to offer new figures without too much development cost.

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, iRandom said:

I believe that the Tri-Klops in the fan poll is indeed a different version that should fit in nicely with the LoP stuff. Putting that one in the poll was a good choice for Mattel since it'll allow them to reuse a head that is very character specific. I'm sure that the chest covering of the fan poll figure will get repurposed for some other figure down the line. MotU was all about gimmicks to sell the line (beyond the first assortment which was all power-punch) and parts reuse to keep it cheap to manufacture. Seems like this line is staying true to the gimmicks at least somewhat (glad to see that battle armor figures retain the gimmick) and are embracing the parts reuse (they'd be fools not to). I expect to see more of the LoP / Mini-Comics inspired figures since they are a great way to offer new figures without too much development cost.

I am all for reusing anything to create new offerings. I don't recall this particular version of Tri-Klops ever being created before (in the Classics line or after Super7 took over). I have the mini-comics versions of Trap Jaw and Beast Man from the Classics line though. So it'll be nice to have a mini-comics version of Tri-Klops available.

I just found it funny that they could confirm him so quickly after the poll finished. They were definitely going to produce him either way.

• Thanks 1

Being honest under other circumstances this would have caused me a lot of joy, but all I have is a mixture of feelings, the line did not turn out what I expected, the distribution here sucks, online are also almost non-existent and the quality was not even the minimum of my expectations. I wouldn't know whether to give them another chance or just wait for Motuverse and pray for it to be better.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Being honest under other circumstances this would have caused me a lot of joy, but all I have is a mixture of feelings.

Can't say I disagree with you there... especially regarding distribution. Locally we went from totally empty pegs (collector's gobbling them up before they could even get put out) to them falling off the pegs. Would have helped to smooth the curve with more initially and less later on. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Vaporman87 said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Blurr86 said:

I totally agree. The standard Tri-Klops for which there is the carded photo and the¬†fan choice Tri-Klops are different figures with the former¬†coming soon and the later coming in a future assortment.¬†Everything in the fan poll was an easy variant of tooling that¬†was already available or committed. Most just required a new chest covering.¬†Mattel already had the standard Tri-Klops in the works (he is forever bound to Trap Jaw who we already knew was coming¬†ūüėĄ)¬†which is why they included the Mini-Comic look as a choice. If he didn't win I suspect that he would have still shown up sometime down the line since I suspect that the LoP and Mini-Comic variants had been on the roadmap from the beginning. I expect all of the figures in the fan choice poll to be produced at some point except for maybe the Man-At-Arms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Satam said:

I feel like there was a bit of a missed opportunity in MOTU not naming a character "Mightknight."

Ha! I can think of so many names that could have been good MOTU characters/gimmicks.

But I like that one... Might Knight.

I don‚Äôt suppose you‚Äôd let me steal it to possibly name a figure down the road? ūüėܬ† I‚Äôm working on a novel/action figure line (very MOTU inspired) and that would probably make for a cool character.

• Thanks 1