Ring In The New Year With New MOTU Origins Product Pre-Orders Going Live At Mightnight - No Longer A Walmart Exclusive Line

JayC

For the past year the only place in the US where you could get Mattel's new Masters of the Universe Origins figures was Walmart. We knew sometime in 2021 other retailers would be allowed to start carrying the line, but from what I am told you can expect pre-orders to go live as early as midnight tonight at places like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

I don't have an exact list of whats going up tonight, but It looks like things will be kicking off with new product pre-orders as opposed to just the stuff that was already released through Walmart last year.

It was my original understanding that the stuff that has already been released at Walmart would eventually be released everywhere as well, but when that is made available for pre-order is not yet clear to me. Stay-tuned for more details on this as they become available.

MOTU-Origins-Grayskull-04__scaled_600.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Carlos said:

My local Target already has the pegs for the MOTU Orgins but they also have a peg for a MOTU DLX FIG for $19.99. I wonder if these are the new 7in. MOTU figures.

20201231_115708.jpg

Yeah someone posted on our FB page that they saw some figures out today at Target, probably someone put them out early. Don't know if all Targets will have them come tomorrow but some def should.

• Thanks 1

Well looks like I'll be putting in several pre-orders after midnight. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with Walmart any longer to get these. I'm mainly looking to get Scareglow, Roboto, Trap-Jaw and Castle Greyskull! 

• Thanks 1

As we told you yesterday, places like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com now have up for pre-order new Masters of the Universe Origins products from Mattel. The line is no longer exclusive to Walmart.

They Have listed the following:

Masters of the Universe: Origins Deluxe Mosquitor
Masters of the Universe: Origins Deluxe Hordak
Masters of the Universe: Origins Fisto
Masters of the Universe: Origins Stinkor
Masters of the Universe: Origins Mer-Man (LoP)
Masters of the Universe: Origins Evil-Lyn
Masters of the Universe: Origins Prince Adam and Sky Sled
Masters of the Universe: Origins Roboto
Masters of the Universe: Origins Mer-Man
Masters of the Universe: Origins Zodac
Masters of the Universe: Origins She-Ra
Masters of the Universe: Origins Deluxe Ram Man
Masters of the Universe: Origins Skeletor
Masters of the Universe: Origins He-Man
Masters of the Universe: Origins Stratos
Masters of the Universe: Origins Tri-Klops
Masters of the Universe: Origins Hordak
Masters of the Universe: Origins Man-E-Faces
Masters of the Universe: Origins Orko
Masters of the Universe: Origins Trap Jaw
Masters of the Universe: Origins Scare Glow
Masters of the Universe: Origins Landshark

Masters of the Universe: Origins Panthor
Masters of the Universe Castle Grayskull Playset
Masters of the Universe: Origins Beast Man
Masters of the Universe: Origins Teela
Masters of the Universe: Origins Man-At-Arms
Masters of the Universe: Origins Deluxe Battle Armor Skeletor
Masters of the Universe: Origins Deluxe Battle Armor He-Man

They also have a number of the Mini sets available.
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JayC said:
As we told you yesterday, places like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com now have up for pre-order new Masters of the Universe Origins products from Mattel. The line is no longer exclusive to Walmart.

They Have listed the following:

Masters of the Universe: Origins Deluxe Mosquitor
Masters of the Universe: Origins Deluxe Hordak
Masters of the Universe: Origins Fisto
Masters of the Universe: Origins Stinkor
Masters of the Universe: Origins Mer-Man (LoP)
Masters of the Universe: Origins Evil-Lyn
Masters of the Universe: Origins Prince Adam and Sky Sled
Masters of the Universe: Origins Roboto
Masters of the Universe: Origins Mer-Man
Masters of the Universe: Origins Zodac
Masters of the Universe: Origins She-Ra
Masters of the Universe: Origins Deluxe Ram Man
Masters of the Universe: Origins Skeletor
Masters of the Universe: Origins He-Man
Masters of the Universe: Origins Stratos
Masters of the Universe: Origins Tri-Klops
Masters of the Universe: Origins Hordak
Masters of the Universe: Origins Man-E-Faces
Masters of the Universe: Origins Orko
Masters of the Universe: Origins Trap Jaw
Masters of the Universe: Origins Scare Glow
Masters of the Universe: Origins Landshark

Masters of the Universe: Origins Panthor
Masters of the Universe Castle Grayskull Playset
Masters of the Universe: Origins Beast Man
Masters of the Universe: Origins Teela
Masters of the Universe: Origins Man-At-Arms
Masters of the Universe: Origins Deluxe Battle Armor Skeletor
Masters of the Universe: Origins Deluxe Battle Armor He-Man

They also have a number of the Mini sets available.

I already have all the origins figures in my cart...✌️😃 Lop Mer Man... Lord of Power version of it.... Nice! 😀🎉

Question about Pre ordering at the bigbadtoystore, if I buy pretty much all waves of figures and a few individual figures, and later I see one or two of these figures at the store, can I cancel those from my pre order or not?

15 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Question about Pre ordering at the bigbadtoystore, if I buy pretty much all waves of figures and a few individual figures, and later I see one or two of these figures at the store, can I cancel those from my pre order or not?

Yeah, you can easily cancel items from your pre-order.

Im still collecting classics here and there so don't think I'll be getting into origins but it's awesome to see them now easily available for everyone who collects them.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, deecee4 said:

Yeah, you can easily cancel items from your pre-order.

Im still collecting classics here and there so don't think I'll be getting into origins but it's awesome to see them now easily available for everyone who collects them.

Excellent and thanks for the acknowledgement man. I'm preordering now pretty much all the figures with the exception of the first wave that I the only I found at Walmart... I will leave Castle Grayskull to buy it directly at the Walmart store...

Clamp Champ is over at Entertainment Earth and they still have Scare Glow available as a single (BBTS single sold out about an hour after it went up). So the boxed set Mer-Man is getting a single release? I don't think I like that given the cost of the LoP boxed set. Those should remain 100% exclusive. Also, hopefully that Evil Lyn that's in the newer assortment is a different version. I don't know why they'd only reissue one figure into a newer wave, so I'm guessing there will be something different about it.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, obs said:

Clamp Champ is over at Entertainment Earth and they still have Scare Glow available as a single (BBTS single sold out about an hour after it went up). So the boxed set Mer-Man is getting a single release? I don't think I like that given the cost of the LoP boxed set. Those should remain 100% exclusive. Also, hopefully that Evil Lyn that's in the newer assortment is a different version. I don't know why they'd only reissue one figure into a newer wave, so I'm guessing there will be something different about it.

I think they will release one LoP figure per future waves... That's what it looks to me... Why the bigbadtoystore doest have Clamp Champ and Entertainment Earth gave it? I was trying to buy everything in one place...😒

UPDATE: BBTS has added the Deluxe Masters of the Universe Origins Deluxe Clamp Champ figure to their list of items up for pre-order.

MOTU-Origins-Clamp-Champ__scaled_600.jpg

We just wanted to follow up from the story we posted earlier this morning about the new Masters of the Universe Origins products from Mattel that went up for pre-order.

We've added images images for some of the newer listings which we initially saw this past summer during the Power-Con virtual convention.

The only non-exclusive item that was announced during Power-Con that does NOT seem to be available for pre-order at the moment at places like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com is the Deluxe Clamp Champ figure.

07__scaled_600.jpg

The regular Panthor, Landshark, Deluxe Ram Man, Deluxe Battle Armor He-Man, Deluxe Battle Armor Skeletor, Statos and Ninjor are all listed.

Also listed are the original product that were sold at Walmart in 2020 as well as the Origins Castle Grayskull playset and the wave of figures with She-Ra, Mer-Man, Zodac and Roboto that were announced after Power-Con.

Then we have some brand new stuff that is being listed for the first time (unfortunately with no images). This includes a

Masters of the Universe: Origins Deluxe Mosquitor, Masters of the Universe: Origins Deluxe Hordak, Masters of the Universe: Origins Fisto, Masters of the Universe: Origins Stinkor, Masters of the Universe: Origins Tri-Klops and Masters of the Universe: Origins Mer-Man (LoP)

The Mer-Man (LoP) I believe stands for Lords of Power. This is in reference to figures that are based on early MOTU prototypes from the original toy line. This years Power-Con exclusive had a set of these figures which included He-Man, Skeletor, Man-At-Arms, Mer-Man and Beast-Man. I guess

Mattel is going to now release these on individual cardbacks with the others to follow Mer-Man at some point.

I am guessing since we are apparently getting a regular Hordak and Deluxe one, the deluxe one will be based on either the original Hurricane Hordak or Laser Blaster Hordak figures.

It's also not clear to me if the Tri-Klops figure listed will be a regular version or the Fan Poll Winner version.

17__scaled_600.jpg

While Masters of the Universe Origins is no longer exclusive to Walmart, there are still a few store exclusives for the line that have been announced that we will want to keep an eye out for.

16__scaled_600.jpg

There will be a Flocked version of Panthor for $39.99 and exclusive to Walmart.

15__scaled_600.jpg

And a Rise of Evil 2-Pack with Keldor and Kronis which will be exclusive to Target stores for $29.99.

18__scaled_600.jpg

19__scaled_600.jpg

Then in Summer 2021 we should see the new He-Man action figure line hit called Masterverse. These will be 7" scale with 30 Points of articulation and start off with 8 core characters. These will likely tie-in to the new Netflix animated series and will cost $19.99.

So there you have it, hopefully Mattel will be shedding more light on some of this stuff soon, and of course when we do we will update you all here.

MOTU-Origins-Castle-Grayskull-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Castle-Grayskull-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Castle-Grayskull-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Castle-Grayskull-04.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Castle-Grayskull-05.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Battle-Armor-He-Man-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Battle-Armor-He-Man-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Battle-Armor-Skeletor-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Ram-Man-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Landshark-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Landshark-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Landshark-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Mer-Man-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Mer-Man-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Mer-Man-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Ninjor-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Panthor-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Panthor-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Roboto-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Roboto-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Roboto-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-She-Ra-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-She-Ra-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-She-Ra-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Stratos-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Zodac-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Zodac-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Zodac-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Clamp-Champ.jpg

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I think they will release one LoP figure per future waves... That's what it looks to me... Why the bigbadtoystore doest have Clamp Champ and Entertainment Earth gave it? I was trying to buy everything in one place...😒

I will see why BBTS doesn't have Clamp Chap listed, it may have been an oversite if EE has it up.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JayC said:

I will see why BBTS doesn't have Clamp Chap listed, it may have been an oversite if EE has it up.

I have my cart ready to pre order everything I posted but I can wait until you get an answer for Clamp Champ JayC... I'm trying to get all my figures from the sponsor of your site JayC)...✌️😃

That Walmart version of Panthor looks really cool and I will prefer that one that the plastic one...  Any specific date for that one to show at Walmart? Oooooooh that pack at Target is another gem that I can't pass... Just need date for that one to show up at Target...

17 minutes ago, 80sboy4 said:

The Clamp Champ is now on BBTS, well now that just leaves the exclusives to get! More Scareglow figures are also available there for anyone interested.

Excellent, I will complete my pre order now... Thanks for letting us know man.😀🎉✌️

• Like 1

Yeah I talked to them, they said there was some confusion from Mattel on it which is why they hadn't listed it initially, and with it being a holiday weekend, Mattel is closed so they coundn't confirm, but they decided to go on and list it. If for some reason Mattel comes back next week and says that the figure is on hold or what have you then I suppose you could find that pre-order canceled, but at that point I would expect that would be the case regardless of where you pre-ordered it from.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, JayC said:

Yeah I talked to them, they said there was some confusion from Mattel on it which is why they hadn't listed it initially, and with it being a holiday weekend, Mattel is closed so they coundn't confirm, but they decided to go on and list it. If for some reason Mattel comes back next week and says that the figure is on hold or what have you then I suppose you could find that pre-order canceled, but at that point I would expect that would be the case regardless of where you pre-ordered it from.

Excellent JayC. I put my pre-order this morning an it was close to $400...✌️😀

25 minutes ago, Blurr86 said:

Wow! Great to meet more MOTU fans here. I'm ordering mine in a few days when my card's ready.... Yeah! 🤩💪

Yeah man. I made a commitment since I never got all the original MOTU line, to get all these new origins line since they have more articulation and such... I'm excited to see that Power Lords are coming in different waves... I'm guessing they will have small painting variations than the ones from Power Con which are very expressive now...

23 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Yeah man. I made a commitment since I never got all the original MOTU line, to get all these new origins line since they have more articulation and such... I'm excited to see that Power Lords are coming in different waves... I'm guessing they will have small painting variations than the ones from Power Con which are very expressive now...

Cool! Me, on the other hand, I'm just cherry picking the ones that'll complete and complement my MOTU Classics toyline. So I'm just gonna get me Orko, any vehicle that a Classic can ride with their size, any effect/weapon that'll fit the 7 inch line, and such. Then on to #masterverse---just to fill out the missing 7" figures that my collection needs. 😇

• Thanks 1