The Most Wanted 6" Black Series Figures Hasbro Needs To Make After Season 2 Of The Mandalorian (Spoilers)

JayC

The second season of the Disney+ series The Mandalorian has come to an end, and with that the potential for new and cool Black Series/Vintage Collection action figures has increased significantly. Last year you may recall I did an article titled The Top 10 The Mandalorian 6" Black Series Figures Hasbro Needs To Make After Season 1. Since then Hasbro has announced they are doing about half the figures from that list which I guess isn't too bad, but with so much potential for even more figures after season 2, I would say they definitely need to pick up the pace a bit.

The good news is Hasbro has a full year until Season 3 of The Mandalorian premieres next December and my guess is that with the popularity for the show rising exponentially, we will see an even greater push of Mandalorian product in 2021. The bad news, for our wallets anyway, is that The Mandalorian isn't the only Star Wars series on the horizon which means even more potential for new product.

So before we get to season 2, let's do a quick recap of characters from my season 1 list last year that have yet to get the figure treatment.

Ran Malk, The Client, Xi'an, Mayfield, and Burg. I also forgot to list the droid Q9-0 who actually makes a brief appearance in season 2.

Now on to season 2.

We know Hasbro is giving us Bo Katan, so no need to include her here.

Bo Katan
Black-Series-Bo-Katan-02__scaled_600.jpg

So we will start with Din Djarin with his pure Beskar spear that he got in Chapter 13 titled "The Jedi". Honestly this isn't a figure I am dying for, but knowing the main character will likely continue to get new releases, it seems like a no-brainer. They could also include a new version of Grogu in a satchel that Mando can carry as we saw in Chapter 13. Hasbro already did a similar Grogu that they included with the 6" Mandalroan Speeder Bike this year.

Din Djarin With Beskar Spear
05__scaled_600.jpg

Chapter 13 also provided potential for a number of other figures that Hasbro could do. Another no-brainer is Ashoka Tano who made the jump from animation to live-action and is now played by actress Rosario Dawson. Even if she wasn't getting her own series, you know a new figure of her would be coming.

Ashoka Tano Chapter 13
02__scaled_600.jpg

The other two characters that debuted in Chapter 13 that I wouldn't mind seeing figures of at some point are Magistrate Morgan Elsbeth played by actress Diana Lee Inosanto and Lieutenant Lang played by actor Michael Biehn. I would classify these two as minor characters, so there are definitely others I want to see first.

Magistrate Morgan Elsbeth Chapter 13
24__scaled_600.jpg

Lieutenant Lang Chapter 13
25__scaled_600.jpg

While on the subject of minor characters, here are a few others from season 2 ones I wouldn't mind seeing eventually.

Gangster Gor Koresh (John Leguizamo) Chapter 9
18__scaled_600.jpg

Mechanic Peli Motto (Amy Sedaris) returns in Chapter 9
15__scaled_600.jpg

Frog Lady With Egg Canister Chapter 10
26__scaled_600.jpg

Imperial Captain (Titus Welliver) Chapter 11
16__scaled_600.jpg

Republic Captain Carson Teva (Paul Sun-Hyung Lee ) returns in Chapter 10 and 12
14__scaled_600.jpg

While a minor character, I definitely want to see a figure of Republic X-Wing Pilot Trapper Wolf who is played by Dave Filoni. It's less about the character and more that I think Filoni is deserving of an action figure. I also suspect we will be seeing both Wolf and Teva again.

Republic X-Wing Pilot Trapper Wolf (Dave Filoni) returns in Chapter 10
13__scaled_600.jpg

One other character I guess you would classify as being fairly minor since they only had a few seconds of screen time is Bib Fortuna, who we last saw in Return of the Jedi. A fat Fortuna, I think, is a must have figure.

Bib Fortuna (Matthew Wood) returns in Chapter 16
19__scaled_600.jpg

There are several characters from season 2 seemingly who started off as minor ones but have taken on greater importance such as Dr. Pershing

. He was another character I didn't even mention last year, but think he definitely needs a figure made now.

Dr. Pershing (Omid Abtahi) returns in Chapter 12 and 16
08__scaled_600.jpg

The accountant Mythrol who first appeared in Chapter 1, and then returned in Chapter 12 is another one I think due for a figure.

Mythrol (Horatio Sanz) returns in Chapter 12
20__scaled_600.jpg

And Mayfield who returned in Chapter 15. I don't doubt we will see a Mayfield figure. The bigger question is what version will it be based on, the season one outfit or one of the three outfits he had on in Chapter 15: the prisoner outfit, the Imperial Transport outfit, or the black outfit he had on at the end. I have little doubt that we will be seeing Mayfield again, and suspect he will go from being a minor character to a major one.

Mayfield (Bill Burr) returns in Chapter 15
12__scaled_600.jpg
11__scaled_600.jpg

Mando wearing the Imperial Transport armor is another possible figure I think we could see.

One other new character I think many would like to see in figure form is Cobb Vanth in the Boba Fett armor from Chapter 9. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing Vanth again, though he likely won't be wearing Mando armor. If we get a figure I would want it with the armor.

Cobb Vanth (Timothy Olyphant) Chapter 9
03__scaled_600.jpg

Speaking of Boba Fett

, this is another one I have little doubt we will be getting a new figure of in the near future. The bigger question is which version if not all of them?

Non-Armor Boba Fett (Temuera Morrison) Chapter 9 and 14
01__scaled_600.jpg

Banged Up Armor Boba Fett (Temuera Morrison) Chapter 14
04__scaled_600.jpg

Cleaned Up Armor Boba Fett (Temuera Morrison) Chapter 15 and 16
06__scaled_600.jpg

Another Mandolorian I am sure we will see in figure form soon is Katan's right-hand lady Koska Reeves played by WWE superstar Sasha Banks.

Koska Reeves (Sasha Banks) Chapter 11 and 16
07__scaled_600.jpg

Speaking of right-hand ladies, another must have figure is Boba Fett's new partner Fennec Shand played by Agents Of SHIELD star Ming-Na Wen. I am sure we will be seeing Shand in the new Boba Fett series, and she is rumored to be appearing in the upcoming Bad Batch animated series. Not only that but she wears a cool outfit, so I have little doubt we will be seeing her in figure form soon.

Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen) returns in Chapter 14, 15 and 16
21__scaled_600.jpg

Speaking of cool-looking characters, we can't forget the new robotic Dark Troopers. If or when Hasbro gets around to doing these guys, my guess is they will be offered as bigger deluxe figures.

Dark Trooper Chapter 12, 14 and 16
09__scaled_600.jpg

Last but not least, we can't forget the biggest surprise of the season, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker. My guess is Hasbro will just make some slight modifications to their recent Return of the Jedi Black Series Luke, but I have little doubt we will be seeing Luke from The Mandalorian series in figure form.

Luke Skywalker Chapter 16
10__scaled_600.jpg

Finally and just for fun, here are some vehicles I wouldn't mind seeing for the Vintage Collection. Slave-1 seems obvious since Hasbro could just make some slight paint deco changes to their recent Empire Strikes Back one. The Mandalor Gauntlet ship which originally appeared in the Clone Wars and Rebels animated shows and was seen briefly in Chapter 16, when Mando and Fett are looking for Bo Katan. This is one I think would be cool to see. They could even repaint it in Darth Maul colors from the Rebels and Clone Wars animated shows. I have a feeling we will be seeing this ship more in season 3 of The Mandalorian.

Slave-1
22__scaled_600.jpg

Mandalor Guantlet Ship
23__scaled_600.jpg

So that's it for now. Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Mayfield is my biggest want after he came back.

Non armor Boba Fett and Death Troopers would be great.

I was thinking Fennec is probably going to be the unannounced figure from the Bab Batch wave this summer. It seems like a good fit with her possibly being in their new show. 

• Like 1

Fennec Shand would probably be my #1. I like her look plus I have been a fan of Ming Na since ER. I only hope they do a good job with her likeness. Close second would be Luke because I really love that look for the character, which he wore briefly on Endor and in the recent Battlefront 2 game. Hopefully if and when they make that Luke they update the body mold. Darktroopers and restored armor Boba Fett would be my other wants. To round it out, I would have to go with Cobb Vanth. I'll take him with or without armor. Timothy Olyphant is cool, plus both the character and the episode had the cool western feel that the series is about. The others I can live without but would get them depending on how the figures turn out. I love the Din Dijarin character but he doesn't really changes looks so his figures are going to quickly become redundant and as cool as the Beskar spear is; it doesn't merit a re release just to include it. Now if they release a Din Dijarin with speeder bike, Beskar Spear, Grogu and sack(that can be taken out of the sack) I might change my tune.

Having finally been able to watch the whole series (twice) I have my own personal wishlist, which happens to include plenty of what you say here:

1. Mayfeld in s1 outfit (most toyetic IMO)
2. Fennec Shand 
3. Cobb Vanth
4. Boba Fett (refurbished armor)
5. Koska Reeves
6. Q9-0
7. Ahsoka, obviously
8. Toro Calican
9. Lang
10. Peli Motto

As a bonus, I'd add Omera, because I'm 100% sure we'll see her next season again, and that's exactly what's stopping me from putting her on that list since I know we'll have a more action figure like outfit too.

• Like 1

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE