New TMNT Animated Series Ace Duck, Napoleon Bonafrog, Attila The Frog, Genghis The Frog, Rasputin And Chrome Dome Revealed

JayC

NECA has released the second part of their 2020 TMNT Visual Guide and with it a number of new Target exclusive Animated Series figures have been revealed including Ace Duck, Napoleon Bonafrog, Attila The Frog, Genghis The Frog, Rasputin The Mad Frog and Chrome Dome which looks like will be a Deluxe figure. Check out images below, and CLICK HERE
if you want to download a hi-res image of the entire visual guide.

TMNT_Toon-01.jpg

TMNT_Toon-02.jpg

TMNT_Toon.jpg

• Thanks 1

I gotta say that Chrome Dome looks like the coolest thing in this toony series so far, really cool figure, I always loved Chrome Dome's look, I think it's also really weird they'd make the whole gang of Frog dudes, any one other then Genghis seems unnecessary and forgettable, also Ace duck's wing's look horrible here, they don't even look as good as the original playmates figure.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I think it's also really weird they'd make the whole gang of Frog dudes, any one other then Genghis seems unnecessary and forgettable.

Easy money for them. Same reused molds, different characters. Easy $$$$ for neca. Anyone that likes Genghis will most likely enjoy the others. Plus a pack of frogs with a pack of turtles!?! of course. 

• Thanks 1

So, here's the thing: for the most part, this toy series has been all about iconic characters from the original cartoon, right?  We're talking major players that made multiple appearances, for the most part.  Also, as a secondary consideration, characters that make for great figure part reuse, both in this figure franchise and the video game toy line.  Get a lot more traction using the same parts over and over to sell more toys.
<P>
And thus far, almost every release has tracked with that.  Obviously, on the hero side, April, Splinter, Casey, and the news crew (I assume we'll get Burne and Irma later).  Mondo Gecko also had more than one appearance, as did Metalhead.  Granted, Metalhead only had one major episode and one other cameo in the series, but he's a much-loved side character, and he could get extended use in the videogame series of toys.  So all that tracks.
<P>
Of course, in villains, you have to have Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter, Foot Soldiers, Stone Warriors, etc.  Then you got your repeat secondary bad guys, Leatherhead and Rat King and Slash.  And like Metalhead, while the Triceratons only have one animated appearance, they are minor retools of EACH OTHER, AND use parts from the other big figures, so they make up for their limited visibility through instant reuse potential, so no major loss there.  Still solid.
<P>
Now, of the new announcements . . . Chrome Dome makes sense.  Multiple episodes, iconic character.  He should be at least four inches taller than he's depicted here (seriously, in the show, he's 15 feet tall, 12 at minimum, he should be a 12 inch figure at least, I even made a custom myself, and it's AWESOME), but he makes sense.  And the Punk Frogs are a no-brainer, I even called it back when this line was first extended.  Numerous episodes (like five or six), INSTANT reuse (they're all as identical as the TMNT themselves), of COURSE they were going to get released.  I'm totally on board for both.
<P>
. . . Someone explain to me why the @#$% we're getting Ace Duck??
<P>
Like . . . I can see he's got Vernon's legs, so there's a LITTLE reuse there, but . . . seriously?  He makes ONE appearance in the cartoon, for mere seconds, as a character ON TV, not an actual character in the series . . . WHY??  Why would you make HIM??  You can't do ANYTHING with the rest of his parts, and he's a nothing addition to the cast!
<P>
I'd also just like to add that Muckman is also stupid for this line, but at least he had an actual episode. *SMDH*
<P>
I'm on board for almost this entire series, but I'm seriously thinking pass on both.

• Thanks 1

Totally down for the Frogs, and any other "guest mutants" Neca wants to make. What really peaks my interest however are the disguise Turtles. I always hoped when they got around to doing these bad-boys they'd be wearing soft-goods coats, but look at them. If I'm not mistaken, those are soft-goods pants!

• Thanks 1

So this morning I hit up my local Target. Like every time I go to Target, I make a point to walk by the Entertainment area of the store where they keep the NECA product to see if they have gotten any TMNT product in stock. Usually I don't find jack sh@#t, like I know is the case for many of you out there reading this. This morning however was different. This morning I came across 4 sets of the most recent Splinter and Baxter 2-pack. They actually had 6, but another collector had picked up 2, one for him and one for a buddy.

Now I don't know how long these have been out on shelves at this store, or how long they will remain on shelves. The fact that my store got at least 6 of these 2-packs in as opposed to only 2, well I would say that

NECA is improving their distribution for this line finally. I can't say how widespread this is, as I know some areas get more stock than others, but this is the first time I've ever seen any NECA TMNT product on shelves at my local store. Of course with so many key characters having already been released in the line, some might say to little, to late. If NECA is able to really start getting these Turtle sets out in substantial numbers, hopefully at some point they will also be able to go back and re-release some of the older sets, or make them available as a made-to-order kind of thing on their own website.

Other than the lack of availability, this has been one of my favorite new action figure lines to collect, which I've only been able to do thanks to the help of other collectors who were able to find me the ones I wanted and sell them to me at cost.
So I really want to see NECA get those distributions number up on these so that anyone who wants to collect it has a reasonable chance of doing so. Up until now, that has not been the case which I know has been very frustrating for many collectors out there including myself.

TMNT-Finds__scaled_600.jpg

Ok so now for some news on upcoming product. The folks at Fwoosh once again got a chance to talk with the folks at NECA about upcoming stuff. This time they talked with Trevor Zammit who works on the line directly for NECA.

With the video we also got some updated images of new figures including the Rat King and Vernon 2-pack, which is the next release after the Splinter/Baxter one. Rat King and Vernon are in production now and should be shipping soon.

We also got some new images for Muckman and Joe Eyeball which will be in a 2-pack with Mondo Gecko. This 2-pack likely won't be out until after the Chinese Lunar New Year in February,

Finally we get some new updated images for the 4 Frogs which we first told you about right before Christmas. The Frogs will be split up into two 2-Packs. One set will have Napoleon Bonafrog and Attila The Frog. The other set will have Genghis The Frog and Rasputin The Mad Frog

. There will probably be some other 2-pack released in-between the two frog ones. Each frog will come with alternate hands and an alternate head.

It was revealed in the interview that Pigeon Pete will be included in the upcoming Turtles in Disguise 4-pack which we also got a preview of right before Christmas. The bandana masks on the Turtles in the 4-pack will be interchangeable with one another so you can basically change the expressions on each Turtles. The fabric pants and coats will be removable as well as the hats. The figures themselves might have a little improved articulation with the ankles and elbows over the original Turtle releases.

The set will also have a bunch of extra new accessories.

Ace Duck which was anorther one revealed before Christmas will be packed in a 2-pack with an as-of-yet announced villain character. The Frogs and the set with Ace is wave 6.

The deluxe Chrom Dome will be around 9 1/2 inches and taller than the Krang with Android body, You can see a comparison in the interview video.

The TMNT Van has been sculpted according to Trevor

and they are still planning out the sewer playset. The sewer playset will be bigger than the street scene and there should be a manhole type thing to connect the two playsets. Things like the Van and Sewer playset will be sold through NECA's own website. Hopefully the Van will be released in 2021. With have tons of features and details.

Look for four more Turtle figues from the various lines offered through Lootcrate in 2021.

One more video game wave coming out and then they are going to switch over to Mirage comic figures. The comic figures like the video game ones will be offered through online etailers.

NECA-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-01.jpg

NECA-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-02.jpg

NECA-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-03.jpg

NECA-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-04.jpg

TMNT-Finds.jpg

• Thanks 1

The last  2 or 3 TMNT Animated releases have been much easier to find. I've run across 5 Krang Androids at 2 of 5 area Targets and around 24 Baxter 2pks at 4 of the 5 Targets. Before that I found 6 of the Roadkill Rodney 2pks and 3 of the other Triceraton 2pk. The only one I've never seen at all is the Tragg/Grannitor 2pk. It simply never showed here at all and I found all of the earlier sets multiple times. This along with those damn Target GI Joe Cobra Island figs (mainly the 2 new ones and Cobra Trooper and Baroness) are the hardest damn thing ever to find.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The other week we showed you some low-res for these upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animated Series Target 2-packs. As these have begun going up for pre-order overseas, we now have hi-res images of most those images we showed you before. Shown are the following:

-Mondo Gecko with Kerma
-Muckman with Joe Eyeball
-Genghis The Frog and Rasputin The Mad Frog

These are being listed with June release dates overseas. Also based on the overseas prices and the way they are being listed it looks like Mondo and Muckman are each being released as Deluxe type figures as opposed to a regular 2-pack. These images come via Mamegyorai.jp.

NECA-TMNT-Genghis-The-Frog-and-Rasputin-The-Mad-Frog-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Genghis-The-Frog-and-Rasputin-The-Mad-Frog-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Mondo-Gecko-with-Kerma-01.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Mondo-Gecko-with-Kerma-02.jpg

NECA-TMNT-Muckman-Joe-Eyeball-01.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Jeez, even there in Japan seem to be easier to acquire than in my country, sure that piss me off.

Hopefully given that both the Android and Splinter releases are easily available, this means that all releases will be just as easy to find from here on out. The Targets around here now put both of those releases on an endcap in the toys section, as well as the NECA section in the Adult Collectibles section. They even had them by Pokemon/Fortnite Jazwares/Mario/Sonic figures just before that. Between a couple of friends and myself we've probably found 40 to 50 Splinter 2pks amongst our 5 or 6 Targets, so they're everywhere. I watched them restock this 2pk a couple weeks ago, and it wasn't a NECA rep. It was the normal Target person with their red cart with unopened cases of TMNT (6 per case) and some Pops.

One of those friends and myself are hitting Targets daily since he's needing the Tragg 2pk, and  we're both after those mythical Cobra Island releases we've heard legends about, so I think we'll find them unless we're plagued with bad luck.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
NECA has released some new images for their upcoming TMNT Animated Series Deluxe Muckman And Joe Eyeball figure which they say will hit Target stores sometime in June.

Muckman-01.jpg

Muckman-02.jpg

Muckman-03.jpg

Muckman-04.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1