Regular Release 7" Mandarin Spawn Figure Listed In Diamond Previews With March Release

JayC

While we have yet to see any images other than some early unpainted prototype ones, Diamond Comics has listed in their latest Previews magazine the regular release version of the new 7" Mandarin Spawn figure.

Yesterday we showed you in-hand images for the Gold Label Edition Blue version that is being released as a Walmart exclusive.

The regular version which will feature the more traditional red colors is slated for released everywhere. Diamond is listing the regular release version with a March 2021 release date.

Hopefully we will be getting images for the regular version released soon.

NOTE the image shown here is for reference purposes only and not of the upcoming new figure.

Mandarin_Spawn 1.jpg

• Like 1

Last week we told you how Diamond Previews had listed the regular red edition of the new 7" Mandarin Spawn figure from McFarlane Toys. Last week they had not posted an image of the figure, but they have since rectified that. You can see the image below which gives us our first real look at the regular edition which will be released everywhere.

Mandarin-Spawn.jpg

Todd McFarlane today posted a new video talking about the first round of Walmart exclusive 7" Gold Label figures which includes the Todd designed Batman, The Witcher Geralt of Rivia and blue Mandarin Spawn figures. Which will be hitting soon. In the video he gives comparisons between the regular release versions of these Walmart ones. Well a comparison of all of them except for the Batman.

Now some things to note. In the video Todd indicates the Walmart versions are hitting shelves at Walmart now.

I can't speak to physical stores, but Walmart's website lists the figures with a 1/19 release date.

Also Todd kinda implies that the regular versions have already been released, they have not. At least not in the US. In fact for the regular red edition of the Mandarin Spawn figure they haven't even released official images for it yet. We only got one image of the figure which was just released just the other day through Previews magazine. In this video we can see that it looks like the regular version of Mandarin Spawn will have the same accessories as the

Walmart one. It also looks like it's going to have it's own unique Spawn packaging just like the Walmart version.

The final thing Todd says in is that an official announcement for the second wave of Gold Label figures will be coming as soon as next week. This will probably include the likes of the Warhammer 40,000 Blood Angels Hellblaster and the DC Multiverse 7" Gold "Reverse" Red Death figures. We will let you know as soon as it's announced.

You can see Todd's new video below.

https://www.facebook.com/liketoddmcfarlane/videos/802563383660812

Regular-Mandarine-Spawn-Package.jpg

Ordering anything from Walmart requires you to order at least 2 or 3 so they ship it in a decent size box and it's not destroyed when you get it.  Just pick which item is best and return the rest...

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

Ordering anything from Walmart requires you to order at least 2 or 3 so they ship it in a decent size box and it's not destroyed when you get it.  Just pick which item is best and return the rest...

Good tip. 

4 hours ago, SclassHiei said:

All I want is a new Violator

Me too man, cant wait til he releases him. My all time favorite spawn character. Also would love to see a good articulated tremor! 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 8:43 AM, JayC said:

Last week we told you how Diamond Previews had listed the regular red edition of the new 7" Mandarin Spawn figure from McFarlane Toys. Last week they had not posted an image of the figure, but they have since rectified that. You can see the image below which gives us our first real look at the regular edition which will be released everywhere.

Mandarin-Spawn.jpg

I like Spawn, I do, but mostly for the way he is aesthetically presented, not totally due to the storyline. This character, among others associated to Spawn, may be the only villain he fought that piqued my interest since I would picture Aku, the enemy of Samurai Jack, in my mind as to have a liking/semblance to this guy. I like the red version, though the blue would not be so bad too, since Japanese animation has an affinity to this color, in my opinion. If by chance this is available at a store nearby, I'll get me one.

Unfortunately, I'm seeing no indication that this is being released anywhere but comic book shops. There's no listing for this figure at Big Bad, Dorkside, EE...and comic shops around me, at least, won't order the figure because Diamond will only let them order a case of six. This appears to be a Previews exclusive for right now, at least, and that's not too helpful.

• 1 month later...

Shown below are a full gallery of official images for the Mandarin Spawn (Red) version from McFarlane Toys which will see a general release. Like most McFarlane products, the first place getting this one up for pre-order is Target which has it listed with an April 18th release date.

Mandarin-Spawn-Red-01.jpg

Mandarin-Spawn-Red-02.jpg

Mandarin-Spawn-Red-03.jpg

Mandarin-Spawn-Red-04.jpg

Mandarin-Spawn-Red-05.jpg

Mandarin-Spawn-Red-06.jpg

Mandarin-Spawn-Red-07.jpg

Mandarin-Spawn-Red-08.jpg