Paramount, eOne In Talks With Chris Pine For 'Dungeons And Dragons'

Outsiders

Paramount and eOne are in talks with Chris Pine to star in their Dungeons & Dragons movie based on the popular role-playing fantasy game.

Both Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley wrote the script and will be directing the feature.

Little is known about the plot of the movie but the game is based on its treasure hunts, campaigns, camaraderie and reversals of fortune, all in a setting that combines humans, elves, orcs and wizards. The game famously uses multi-sided dice in gameplay and is overseen by a host known as the Dungeon Master.

Hasbro/eOne and Paramount are jointly producing and financing, with eOne distributing in the U.K. and Canada, and Paramount distributing rest of world. Jeremy Latcham is producing for eOne, which was acquired by Hasbro in 2019.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

• Like 1

I want to be excited about this, but I have mixed feelings, they could make this amazing and feel like LOTR, or they could drop a stanky plop and give us something like World of Warcraft.

I also can't get over how horrific those other D&D movies were.. my goodness.

• 1 month later...