Disney Announces Alien TV Series Coming To FX

Outsiders

FX chief John Landgraf announced during the Disney Investor Day presentation that a series set in the “Alien” universe from Noah Hawley is officially set up at FX.

Hawley will write and executive produce the series under his 26 Keys banner, with “Alien” mastermind Ridley Scott in advanced talks to executive produce via Scott Free. FX Productions will produce.

Per Landgraf, the show is “Set not too far into our future, it’s the first ‘Alien’ story set on Earth.”

“FX is moving quickly to bring audiences the first television series based on one of the greatest science- fiction horror classics ever made: ‘Alien,'” Landgraf said. “‘Alien’ will be helmed by ‘Fargo’ and ‘Legion’s’ Noah Hawley stepping into the creator/executive producer chair, and FX is in advanced negotiations with Academy Award winner, Sir Ridley Scott—director of the first ‘Alien’ film and the sequel, ‘Alien: Covenant’—to join the project as an Executive Producer. Set not too far into our future, it’s the first ‘Alien’ story set on Earth—and by blending both the timeless horror of the first ‘Alien’ film with the non-stop action of the second, it’s going to be a scary thrill ride that will blow people back in their seats.”

Source: Variety

It's in a way weird that it's not on Disney + but I assume disney wants family centered original content and will add it to service eventually after season 1 is ended, which means Alien will have  more freedom be it for gore gross stuff, although I wish they would finish plot of Prometheus, from what I heard its super interesting stuff, unlike people just trying to kill or runaway from xenomorph. 

"The not too far future" better be the 22nd century or this is going to #%$@ up the continuity even more than Prometheus and Covenant already have. And Noah Hawley? Couldn't they find anyone more boring to make this? Was Richard Linklater unavailable?

I'm into this, but it better not mess up the continuity path, hopefully it explains what happened after Alien Covenant because I'm going to be annoyed if they just leave that whole prequel promethius series unfinished and run off into another direction.