Boss Fight Studio Announces Popeye Figures

JayC

Boss Fight Studio, creator of fan favorite action figures, announced today they had acquired the license to make action figures and collectibles of the iconic Popeye The Sailor comics and cartoons. The deal, brokered by FanGirl Consulting and Brand Management, with King Features Syndicate, is the latest in a great lineup of cult classic brands already in the Boss Fight arsenal, including Flash Gordon and The Phantom.

“Like so many, I grew up watching the classic Popeye animated cartoons,” says Andrew Franks, partner and art director at Boss Fight. “As an adult, I was drawn back to Popeye by E.C. Segar’s brilliant original comic strip. To be able to bring these characters to life as fully poseable toys is a dream.

“This will be the fourth license we work with Boss Fight Studio on and we know their approach will bring these toys to life and quickly become fan favorites,” says Jarred M. Goro, VP of North American licensing at King Features.

“We approach design with aesthetics but also functionality,” says Franks.

“Toys should be able to be posed into any scene your imagination can dream of.

Founded in 2013, Boss Fight Studio is known for their highly-articulated, poseable action figures. The first wave of Popeye Classics action figures is expected to hit shelves late summer 2021, and will include Popeye, Olive Oyl, Bluto, and Castor Oyl. The Popeye Classics figures will bring a new cult favorite to life and be a great complement to the Boss Fight arsenal of licenses.

“We’re digging deep into the comic strips to deliver Popeye toys like you’ve never seen before! Authentic styling, super articulation and great accessories – even packing in smaller characters like Swee’ Pea, Eugene The Jeep and Bernice The Whiffle Hen as bonuses,” added Franks. “We can’t wait to bring these toys to market. We’re sure they will delight Popeye fans, and celebrate the rich 90-year legacy of these iconic characters.

Popeye.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
Back in December the folks at Boss Fight Studio announced they were going to be doing products based on Popeye. Today they showed off some early concept photos of their Classic Popeye figures. The figures are said to be in the neighborhood of 5" tall. Shown are Popeye, Olive Oyl, Bluto, and Castor Oyl. Look for these to be released later this summer and stay-tuned for more Popeye reveals from them coming soon.

Popeye-Classics-01.jpg

Popeye-Classics-02.jpg

Popeye-Classics-03.jpg

Popeye-Classics-04.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:
Back in December the folks at Boss Fight Studio announced they were going to be doing products based on Popeye. Today they showed off some early concept photos of their Classic Popeye figures. The figures are said to be in the neighborhood of 5" tall. Shown are Popeye, Olive Oyl, Bluto, and Castor Oyl. Look for these to be released later this summer and stay-tuned for more Popeye reveals from them coming soon.

Popeye-Classics-01.jpg

Popeye-Classics-02.jpg

Popeye-Classics-03.jpg

Popeye-Classics-04.jpg

I probably get them since I collect Popeye figures...

IMG_20190714_134504.jpg

IMG_20201102_114516.jpg

IMG_20201102_114527.jpg

IMG_20201102_114538.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

IMG_20190714_134504.jpg

IMG_20201102_114516.jpg

IMG_20201102_114527.jpg

IMG_20201102_114538.jpg

Gotta say, I never knew there were so many popeye figures made let alone any kind of market for popeye. I remember when that super realistic popeye and bluto came out, I thought man thats random but pretty nifty. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EvilHayato said:

Gotta say, I never knew there were so many popeye figures made let alone any kind of market for popeye. I remember when that super realistic popeye and bluto came out, I thought man thats random but pretty nifty. 

As a matter of fact a lot of more older fans than me likes Popeye... I remember when my father saw for the first time my collection at my house and the more memorable moment for him was the Popeye figures since he also watched it as a kid...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

IMG_20190714_134504.jpg

IMG_20201102_114516.jpg

IMG_20201102_114527.jpg

IMG_20201102_114538.jpg

It looks like you are going to need these figures for sure man! , you can't quit that collection now! .

I don't think I've ever seen somebody with a dedicated Popeye shelf, it's great, are those the Mezco figures they had from like 20 years ago?

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

It looks like you are going to need these figures for sure man! , you can't quit that collection now! .

I don't think I've ever seen somebody with a dedicated Popeye shelf, it's great, are those the Mezco figures they had from like 20 years ago?

Correct those are from Mezco and yes I will be buying those new figures from Boss Fight Studios...✌️😀 Thank you for the compliment on my collection man.👍

9 hours ago, Lancer1875 said:

Boss fight studio figures are awesome especially their customization options.  I teach World History to 10th graders so I used them to make a historically accurate (wars/ armor sets) timeline.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thats friggin rad man! amazing way of combining what you like with your craft. awesome!

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

As a matter of fact a lot of more older fans than me likes Popeye... I remember when my father saw for the first time my collection at my house and the more memorable moment for him was the Popeye figures since he also watched it as a kid...

Thats good to know and glad people still like him. Sucks hes not in anything anymore.. altho his chicken is pretty good. Im glad they are making figures still of the property. I was so impressed with those realistic ones, they look sooooo cool. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lancer1875 said:

Boss fight studio figures are awesome especially their customization options.  I teach World History to 10th graders so I used them to make a historically accurate (wars/ armor sets) timeline.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's a fantastic idea, to show the kids about history with those figures... 😀👍 I'm guessing that you use other figures to show them about world war 1 and world war 2...

4 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

That's a fantastic idea, to show the kids about history with those figures... 😀👍 I'm guessing that you use other figures to show them about world war 1 and world war 2...

Yes I do, and the American West, but I left them out cause this post  was about Boss Fight figures. But I have similar 1/18 history dioramas with other figure brands 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lancer1875 said:

Yes I do, and the American West, but I left them out cause this post  was about Boss Fight figures. But I have similar 1/18 history dioramas with other figure brands 🙂

Dude thats awesome, you should make a post of it, Id love to see them! I think alot of us would. Share that shiii :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Dude thats awesome, you should make a post of it, Id love to see them! I think alot of us would. Share that shiii :D

I agree, he should make a post with pictures of what he shows to his pupils in class with a brief description...

59 minutes ago, Lancer1875 said:

Timeline 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Are those shelves that on top of your bBlackboard? That should be kind of hard to see unless you are avoiding that some of the kids try to steal some of the figures... 

3 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Are those shelves that on top of your bBlackboard? That should be kind of hard to see unless you are avoiding that some of the kids try to steal some of the figures... 

No way, that’s in my apt I show the students on the computer  through distance learning.  I wouldn’t let them get near these figs lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lancer1875 said:

No way, that’s in my apt I show the students on the computer  through distance learning.  I wouldn’t let them get near these figs lol.

Oh ok... I was wondering!😅 Nice setup man...👍😀

• Thanks 1

I'm not exactly sure if these figures really catch my eye at the moment, they do look nice i will say that though

• Thanks 1