Mortal Komat 11 Shao Khan (Platinum Khan variant) and Liu Kang (Fighting Abbot variant) 7" Figures From McFarlane Toys

JayC

McFarlane Toys has announced new variants for their Mortal Kombat 11 line of 7" figures with Shao Khan (Platinum Khan) and Liu Kang (Fighting Abbot). Look for these to be released in Spring 2021.

Mortal-Kombat-Variant-01.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Variant-02.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Variant-03.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Variant-04.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If I was Liu Kang and my figure looked like that, Id be sad too. I really am not a fan of the variants, but to bring out the figs first in variant form is really frigging weird to me. Im always on the fence with these figures, they look ok but also not great at the same time. Some look too elongated and thin... May get Kahn non variant version some day tho. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love this Shao Khan, and will certainly get it, but I'd love to see a non variant before I Make that decision, Liu Kang looks awful and I'm fine with that because I don't want a Liu anyways.

I wish this line would move a bit faster, we get so many waves for this Batman Multiverse figure line, but Mortal Kombat seems like it's on the backburner with like a handful of new characters each year and 5 variants of Sub-Zero and Scorpion each quarter.

Since I'm not a Liu kang fan i would pass the figure, seeing this is a double pass lol.

Oddly i don't got for other variants of characters but that silver Shao Kahn looks more appealing than the contemporary/normal design? if that is the term I'm looking for.

• 1 month later...

Shown below are official images for the next round of 7" Mortal Kombat figures coming from McFarlane Toys. Noob Saibot and Kabal will be the next regular releases as well as the variant Platinum Shao Khan and Fighting Abbot Liu Kang

00.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Liu-Kang-01.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Liu-Kang-02.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Liu-Kang-03.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Liu-Kang-04.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Liu-Kang-05.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Liu-Kang-06.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Liu-Kang-07.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Liu-Kang-08.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Liu-Kang-09.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Kabal-01.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Kabal-02.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Kabal-03.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Kabal-04.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Kabal-05.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Kabal-06.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Kabal-07.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Kabal-08.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Saibot-01.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Saibot-02.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Saibot-03.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Saibot-04.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Saibot-05 1.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Saibot-05.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Saibot-06.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Saibot-07.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Saibot-08.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Noob-Saibot-09.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Shao-Khan-Platnium-01.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Shao-Khan-Platnium-02.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Shao-Khan-Platnium-03.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Shao-Khan-Platnium-04.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Shao-Khan-Platnium-05.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Shao-Khan-Platnium-06.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Shao-Khan-Platnium-07.jpg

Mortal-Kombat-Shao-Khan-Platnium-08.jpg

So it looks like Noob will probably be my first McF MK11 fig. Im still very much digging his figure compared to others i wanted to get but they ended up being not as interesting once they were released. 

I also must say it is ashame that McF didnt take advantage of the different customizable looks by either including alt heads/weapons or just having them as the variants besides the different paint apps. Altho I believe he did do one with Scorpion where he had an alt faceplate but that was it. Since then Scorpions received like 3 more alt colors. 

3 hours ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

I dont know anything about the character but Noob looks cool.

He has a fun backstory. Short version, hes the first sub zero, the second sub zeros brother Bi Han, was killed by Scorpion and resurrected as a Wraith to avenge his death. 

• 1 month later...

The 7" McFarlane Toys Mortal Kombat 11 Noob Saibot figure is getting two different variants. Look for the Kilgore Skin version to be released at Walmart and a Bloody version coming to Gamestop in June. I'm actually not entirely sure if these will be actual store exclusives, but those are the stores McFarlane is listing as carrying them right now. Check out official images for both below.

Noob-Saibot-01.jpg

Noob-Saibot-02.jpg

Noob-Saibot-03.jpg

Noob-Saibot-04.jpg

Noob-Saibot-05.jpg

Noob-Saibot-06.jpg

Noob-Saibot-07.jpg

Noob-Saibot-08.jpg

Noob-Saibot-09.jpg

Noob-Saibot-10.jpg

Noob-Saibot-Bloody-01.jpg

Noob-Saibot-Bloody-02.jpg

Noob-Saibot-Bloody-03.jpg

Noob-Saibot-Bloody-04.jpg

Noob-Saibot-Bloody-05.jpg

Noob-Saibot-Bloody-06.jpg

Noob-Saibot-Bloody-07.jpg

Noob-Saibot-Bloody-08.jpg

Noob-Saibot-Bloody-09.jpg

29 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

This one might be my first purchase from this line, I just really like how it looks. In my opinion it's just a great looking figure that could fit in any supernatural/magic/fantasy/ninja display.  

Me too. I love the games and Mk11 has some great designs in it. Noob is one of my top favorite designs from mk11. His figure also looks to not have any of the weird things that previous mk11 mcf figures have had. Namely the weird ball joints, the super high ankle joints, and the super stretched look. Also he ll fit nicely in my mk collection since i never got storms noob. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

wonder when Kabal is supposed to drop?

Hes a part of the same wave. June seems so damn far away. Both look pretty great and easily the best looking so far of the series.