Legendary's 'Toxic Avenger' Reboot To Star Peter Dinklage

Outsiders

Game of Thrones alum Peter Dinklage has signed on to star in Legendary’s new Toxic Avenger movie.

The reboot of the 1984 low-budget action comedy hit from Troma Entertainment is about a guy who is always picked on and gets pushed into a vat of toxic waste.  He's transformed into a mutant freak who goes from shunned outcast to underdog hero as he races to save his son, his friends and his community from the forces of corruption and greed.

The project is being directed by Macon Blair and Troma’s Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz will serve as producers.

The Toxic Avenger's successful has leading to many sequels as The Toxic Avenger Part II, The Toxic Avenger Part III: The Last Temptation of Toxie, and Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV. The property also became a stage musical production, a children’s cartoon TV series and a Marvel comic.

Dinklage is known for his role as Tyrion Lannister on Game of Thrones for HBO, but he's also movie credited with Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Source: Deadline

Peter_Dinklage_TA.jpg

• Like 1

All I care about is the figs. This movie will surely propel them into production. Legendary? OH BABY. 

My mind is bloooown. Super7 will almost undoubtedly get licensing for more cartoon toxic crusader "playmates style" figs now. Not only that, they have a great chance of getting movie stuff too. Based on their history with MOTU it is a great likelihood. 

I CAN"T WAIT!

2 hours ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

I think the appeal of the original  was the fact that it was low budget. I dont see the reboot having the same charm but who knows. 

My feelings exactly, it was the charm of the low budget outlandish gore and it had such a special vibe, that trying to make it more polished and presentable for the current times seem like it would detract from what made it such a cult classic in the first place. I would be pleased if this movie retained all of it's campy fun and grotesque gore, but with dinklage attached I highly doubt it, I have the feelings this will be watered down and presentable, thus why I have really mixed feelings about it being made.

Hm, this is odd indeed, totally unexpected but yeah the original movie will always be an amazing one and i do agree this is one of those movies that don't need a reboot at all, i don't even want to say that maybe perhaps this movie will be good on it's own way since i get the feeling that I'll end up eating those words if i ever saw the reboot and might suck. But I'll still give it a chance regardless.