Dan Trachtenberg To Helm 'Predator' Reboot At 20th Century Studios

Outsiders

10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg has signed a deal with 20th Century Studios to direct the fifth installment in the Predator series from a script written by Patrick Aison.  Aison's producer-writer credit include the series Kingdom, Jack Ryan and Treadstone.

Plot details are being kept under wraps but it will not have any relations to the 2018 The Predator from Fox.

Source: Deadline

• Like 1

Reboot....because we don't have any imagination to come up with something new...and then right after the start of production, realize they can't hold a candle to the original....so just throw whatever they have at it and hope something sticks....

Hopefully this nonsense just dies on the vine and never sees the light of day. Sorry but they've ruined this franchise and its time to just let go.

spacer.png

a reboot you say? , wow awful, why does Predator need a reboot? the first movie is a classic, I thought they were going to continue the garbage story from the last film which was trash, I don't want a reboot or a sequel, just let this franchise be for a while.

• Like 1

I was going to say, didnt they try to reboot it like a few times?! They are trying to ride on its popularity.. Why not come up with something original or have some kind of unique story. I mean the series was pretty much just a horror flick that got popular as hell because they expanded they mythos. Just do more of that but less crappy. 

Now that I've heard that Predator is being rebooted once again, not gonna lie but i lost all credibility and interest on seeing future Predator movies, don't get me wrong i love Predator, even the first original two, AVP though mostly a mix bag and somewhat the 2010 Predators movie, but now i just don't think we need a reboot, heck even at this point i don't even care if it will turn out good or bad anymore, I'm just not interested on a predator reboot.

• 11 months later...

Deadline is reporting that 20th Century Fox announced during Disney+ Day, that its new Predator movie is set to drop in summer 2022, and will be titled Prey.

The plotline for the movie is set in the world of the Comanche Nation 300 years ago, following Naru, a skilled female warrior who fiercely protects her tribe against a highly evolved alien predator.

The movie was originally shot under the title of Skulls and the newly titled movie will debut on Disney+ sister streaming service Hulu.

We reported about this project almost a year ago with 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg signing a deal with 20th Century Studios to direct the fifth installment in the Predator series from a script written by Patrick Aison. Aison's producer-writer credit includes the series Kingdom, Jack Ryan, and Treadstone.

If this is successful in any way, expect Disney to run it into the ground even more than its been over the years. It was a novel concept and I enjoyed some of the movies alot, but it will just be another diluted franchise that gets played out to death. I hope its good though because they just keep rehashing what the original did instead of go into more lore and backstory. At least with Aliens Vs Predator, it was interesting having them on a battle planet where it was used for the young warriors to test themselves against a hive of xenomorphs. Something tells me tho, this new one will just be yet another rehash of the original, doing the same sh!t different day creativity that is used with any older beloved franchises these days.

ah yes the standard practice lets make up stuff and see if it sticks as apposed to looking at all the source material out there in forms of novels .comics etc which some have awesome stories to .if I recall the female lead is also meant to be 14/15 ?  so predator now can't even defeat a teenager ... of course as my friend put it when he heard about the wheel of time stuff all the female characters will be power lvl 1000 and the men will be bumbling muppets (ok he didn't say it that politely )  don't worry folks after predator can't defeat a teenager they'll have a back up plan of a Baby's day out movie but with predator 

Mako it's my understanding that it was unusual to see women fighting alongside male warriors in war parties or in  hunting parties. Some did show skill and tenacity and entered those bands but it remained  somewhat rare even to the point where white writers of the time were surprised to see things like a female chief.  Western civilization also has instances of these cases. Joan of Arc and Boudica come to mind.  Maybe those ladies can save Predator from Disney? 

2 hours ago, AvengerK2 said:

Mako it's my understanding that it was unusual to see women fighting alongside male warriors in war parties or in  hunting parties. Some did show skill and tenacity and entered those bands but it remained  somewhat rare even to the point where white writers of the time were surprised to see things like a female chief.  Western civilization also has instances of these cases. Joan of Arc and Boudica come to mind.  Maybe those ladies can save Predator from Disney? 

Nobody can save Predator from Disney, but the franchise was a sinking ship since long before Disney bought Fox.  It really doesn't matter anymore, anyway. Teenage girl, teenage boy, man, woman...there have been enough critical and box office failures in this franchise that Disney just has no confidence in it. The new movie is going straight to Hulu. This is basically a last gasp.

Problem is....

They never finish a project....

Alien V Predator (2004) is a case in point...

You couldn't  have done something with Sanaa Lathan, Character???

I mean, use your own imagination. She's part of the "Predator" Tribe now, right?.

No story there??? I will probably still see the "Predator Reboot"...

But making a "The Predator from Earth"  Movie, would been way cool ;^)