Fans Unite To Pay Tribute To DC Direct And All The Great DC Product They Have Put Out Over The Years

JayC

Earlier this year we were shocked with the sad news that DC Direct/DC Collectibles was being essentially shut down by Warner Bros. in a continued effort to restructure their DC Comics division.

In light of that sad news, Asoka the Geek reached out to many folks in the action figure collecting community including myself, and asked if we would help with a video that would pay tribute to the company and all they have done for DC Comics fans. Here is that video Asoka put together:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, it really sucks when DC Direct was announced that it was no longer going to be around thanks to AT&T feeling it was no longer needed.  Though it was kind of sadly somewhat expected when McFarlane Toys was announced in doing more collectable DC Comics Figures.  Even more when DST has been doing some of the other stuff, like statues, paper weights, and what not.  Though I suppose this could eventually lead to DST doing figures as well down the road(Other than the few Gotham T.V. series figures they did), or even NECA.

I don't have much DC Direct figures, as I got most of my DC related figures from Hasbro and Mattel.  But can't deny that there are a few 6" figures that Mattel never did that DC Direct did(Like Oracle).

Though I did get a few, as I really liked it when they did figures more based on specific comic book storylines, alternate universes, and even some made up stuff(Like Bombshell Girls, which I was happy when they finally decided to do figures based on those statues).  I also liked their Arkham based figures, and many of their Animated Series stuff looked really good, as did their generic comic book likes(Like Icons, Origins, etc.).  Does make me wonder if they ever got to rights to do the 1960's T.V. Batman show, or any figures based on pervious DC Comics related movies or T.V. shows, how those would of turned out.  Though I suppose them doing the 1960's T.V. Batmobile would be somewhat tricky, but not impossible. 

In regards to my favourite of the few DC Direct/Collectibles figures I own, I would have to say it is the Alex Ross Justice Batgirl figure, and my second would probably The New 52 Wonder Woman from the 2 Pack with Katana.  I've also been happy with the Icons Harley Quinn.  Though I will say that if I ever get that Burnside Batgirl with the Batcycle, that will be my #1 favourite that I own, just for the fact that it's Batgirl with her cycle.

Either way, thanks for all the cool looking figures you did and produced DC Direct.  Even if I personally don't own that much compare to your more devoted fans, I can't deny how good and cool looking they are.

• Thanks 1