New DC Multiverse Dark Nights Death Metal Dark Father BAF Wave Coming From McFarlane Toys?!?

JayC

Looks like we may have more Dark Nights Death Metal based figures joining Batman and his Batcycle in the 7" DC Multiverse line from McFarlane Toys.

While not officially confirmed by McFarlane Toys at this time, overseas etailer Rabbit Toy Store has listed for pre-order a new wave of figures that includes the following:

-Dark Nights: Death Metal Superman
-Dark Nights: Death Metal Wonder Woman
-Dark Nights: Death Metal Robin King

The Build-A-Figure for this wave is listed as being a Dark Nights: Death Metal Dark Father figure which is essentially Dark Nights version of Darkseid. Of course we will treat this as RUMOR until we get an official confirmation from McFarlane Toys themselves.

DC-Multiverse-Death-Metals-Darkseid-Wave.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Todds dc waves should be little bit more balanced and bigger, I'm okay with getting all that Dark Nights stuff  but it needs at least 2 more regular comic book figures to balance the scale, maybe classic wonder woman and Hal Jordan. I'm not sure what strategy McFarlane Toys have with waves maybe 3 and 4 figure waves are only optimal option for them and thats why they keep it all theme based.

On 11/7/2020 at 1:34 AM, Belmont13 said:

Wonder Woman looks like she's wearing an overdesigned version of the movie costume. Superman kind of reminds me of Warpath for some reason. 

I'm no Metallica fan but the aesthetic and storyline of Dark Night Metal/Doom Metal/(etc.) is mind blowing and, I'd say, even deserves an animated movie. It's terrifyingly pleasing and mentally perplexing in a good way. Hehe... #McFarlaneToys I'm not kidding-- make that Darkseid 10 to 11-inch tall and you won my $$$ :D

• 2 weeks later...
At the beginning of the month we shared a rumor with you all about a wave of new DC Multiverse 7" Dark Nights Death Metal figure which would feature a Build-A-Figure of Dark Nights: Death Metal Dark Father coming from McFarlane Toys. Well that rumor has now been confirmed with new official images. The wave is said to be released in the Spring of 2021.

The wave includes the following figures:

There also appears to be a new Death Metal Batman figure being released which will feature a guitar. Check out the first images for all of these figures below including the Dark Father.

Darkfather-DC-Multiverse-Wave-01.jpg

Darkfather-DC-Multiverse-Wave-02.jpg

Darkfather-DC-Multiverse-Wave-03.jpg

Darkfather-DC-Multiverse-Wave-04.jpg

Darkfather-DC-Multiverse-Wave-05.jpg

I'm guessing that McFarlane Toys has a list of suggestions from DC Comics on what DC Multiverse action figures that they can make.  With Death Metal currently being one of the most profitable things DC Comics has going right now, DC Comics probably wants McFarlane Toys to make Death Metal action figures.

I would enjoy this now, because don't be surprised when there's a drastic shift...and McFarlane Toys can only make DC Future State action figures.

Batman Metalocalypse crossover thingy

spacer.png

Sure whatever... seems like I'd like Batman playing a stupid guitar or Robin as the lead singer of Emperor, and Superman as Pete Steele, but I don't, I really wish we could move on from this same old round and round, Batman as a taxi driver, Batman as a stock trader, darkseid as Batman as a Thrash Metal frontman, Robin as Batman wearing a kilt, I'm over it

but on one hand, I love that Wonder Woman with a Chainsaw! gimme that!

But, whyyyyy.....? Can't they just do Green Lantern or Cyborg or Shazam or Doctor Fate or Starfire or freaking anyone else. DC Multiverse is not 50 different versions of Batman. It's getting ridiculous at this point. Batman with a guitar? Seriously?

On 11/5/2020 at 9:59 PM, JayC said:

Looks like we may have more Dark Nights Death Metal based figures joining Batman and his Batcycle in the 7" DC Multiverse line from McFarlane Toys.

While not officially confirmed by McFarlane Toys at this time, overseas etailer Rabbit Toy Store has listed for pre-order a new wave of figures that includes the following:

The Build-A-Figure for this wave is listed as being a Dark Nights: Death Metal Dark Father figure which is essentially Dark Nights version of Darkseid. Of course we will treat this as RUMOR until we get an official confirmation from McFarlane Toys themselves.

DC-Multiverse-Death-Metals-Darkseid-Wave.jpg

So stoked for Dark Father. Finally a new god worthy of my collection! :D But it has a feel that it'll be pricey, getting 3 smaller figures only then the body parts of DF distributed among them. Make it good, make it imposing, make it larger than Devastator, #McFarlaneToys.

6 hours ago, JayC said:

Todd has added a video showing off the figures in more detail.

https://business.facebook.com/watch/?v=817033949135607

Dark Metal Batman will carry the legs of Dark Father! yeah ... confirmed! So this is no rumor any more. Four Figures to put together BAF DarK Father. But wait! Why isn't Dark Father resembling Darkseid? He looks more like a tall Batman? :((

16 hours ago, JayC said:

Darkfather-DC-Multiverse-Wave-03.jpg

All figures look pretty good and cool but this Wonder Woman is a thing of wonderous beauty, I'm genuinely impressed with the figure, imo this is easily one of the best looking WW figures ever made, of course if it's as good as prototype. Really can't wait for the figure. 

On 11/25/2020 at 7:01 PM, ghostbogey said:

Wonder Woman is alright....

For some reason.....When I look at this fig. Why am I thinking "Big Barda"?

The fig gives me the Brada vibe....Is it just me? =^)

Yeah... I guess every DC fan could use a New Gods hit right now. It's been too long since we've got a Barda or Mr Miracle... and the Father Batman feels more like a variant rather than the real thing. Since the Metal storyline's ending (I think) it'll be welcome for Todd to give us the "good ol' days" DC feel for a change. The reign of the batmen has to end somewhere... hmmm  <sigh>

19 minutes ago, Blurr86 said:

Yeah... I guess every DC fan could use a New Gods hit right now. It's been too long since we've got a Barda or Mr Miracle... and the Father Batman feels more like a variant rather than the real thing. Since the Metal storyline's ending (I think) it'll be welcome for Todd to give us the "good ol' days" DC feel for a change. The reign of the batmen has to end somewhere... hmmm  <sigh>

I'm thinking when  they release the New God's movie they'll get a big push. 

On 11/27/2020 at 8:56 PM, Belmont13 said:

I'm thinking when  they release the New God's movie they'll get a big push. 

Oh! 9-inch McFarlane action figures (Gods) when art though going to unveil thy presence to us mortals? LOL May 2021 be a better year in more ways than one, including new issuances of collectibles.