12" Mortal Kombat Commando Spawn Figure Announced

JayC

oday Todd McFalrane released a new video showing off his newly announced 12" Mortal Kombat Commando Spawn figure. While nicely detailed the figure does seem to feature minimal articulation. See an image below as well as the video for the figure announcement. No word on price or a release date. Other recent 12" figures released by McFarlane have cost around $40.

12-Inch-Mortal-Kombat-Spawn.jpg

Really looking awesome! I don't mind the articulation here as the figure has plenty of details which for me is fine, it seems to have enough movement to get into some decent poses and for me that's good enough. Can't wait on the pre-orders for this guy.

Why does Todd insist on milking this Commando look? over a classic Spawn? I never understand, sure this is kinda cool, also kinda lame at the same time, I'm having a hard time deciding how I feel about it, also why is this going to be in the Mortal Kombat line? is this a skin Spawn has ?

I am probably going to be passing on this, I have the original 12'' inch and it still holds up great IMO

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Back in October this Mortal Kombat 11 Spawn: Commando Spawn (Dark Ages Skin) 12" figure was announced by McFarlane Toys, and now we have new official images of it to share with you. The figure includes Spawn Gun, Necroplasm Flame, and a base. Like most of the 12" figures they do, the articulation on this one seems to be minimal. While not official listed I would suspect it will cost around $39.99. A specific release date has yet to be announced but it will likely be available for pre-order soon.

12in-Commando-Spawn-00.jpg

12in-Commando-Spawn-01.jpg

12in-Commando-Spawn-02.jpg

12in-Commando-Spawn-03.jpg

12in-Commando-Spawn-04.jpg

12in-Commando-Spawn-05.jpg

12in-Commando-Spawn-06.jpg

12in-Commando-Spawn-07.jpg

12in-Commando-Spawn-08.jpg

Im curious why bring this out in 12 inch first? And why have it be like the old mcf figs since all the figures hes been bringing out now are articulated? I would buy this bad boy in his 7 inch and articulated, but not this. 

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

Im curious why bring this out in 12 inch first? And why have it be like the old mcf figs since all the figures hes been bringing out now are articulated? I would buy this bad boy in his 7 inch and articulated, but not this. 

It's like the Witcher Geralt figure, he released a 12" statue and 7" articulated figure. Hopefully the 7" articulated figure will be coming soon.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2020 at 1:11 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Why does Todd insist on milking this Commando look? over a classic Spawn? I never understand, sure this is kinda cool, also kinda lame at the same time, I'm having a hard time deciding how I feel about it, also why is this going to be in the Mortal Kombat line? is this a skin Spawn has ?

I am probably going to be passing on this, I have the original 12'' inch and it still holds up great IMO

Did you not know???.....

He's Known as ....Todd the Milk Man =^)

I posted before....

I am Spawned Out!!!!....

And that's coming from a Old Spawn Head...

Enjoy "The Spawn".....If you must.

He's all yours =^)

On 10/17/2020 at 12:11 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Because the Commando Spawn is awesome and one of his more iconic looks.  There have been two classic Spawns released already on Kickstarter: OG and modern.  This fig is all kinds of slick....I'm hoping to get it in a smaller scale as well so it can be more poseable

13 hours ago, MRT said:

It's like the Witcher Geralt figure, he released a 12" statue and 7" articulated figure. Hopefully the 7" articulated figure will be coming soon.

I really hope thats true, If they bring commando in the form of what they did with spawns OG look in mk11, I will snatch that up! Hes got a few really great looks in mk11, but his commando mk11 rendition is amazing.. Altho I love his animated look in the game too so maybe we ll get that one too. 

• Like 1