McFarlane Toys Announces The Princess Bride License

JayC

These look great and I’m planning on picking up all 4.  

I am curious though didn’t Diamond announce not that long ago that they were going to be making Princess Bride figures????  I want to say that announcement was fairly recent (like maybe early 2020).  What ever happened to those and how did McF get the license so quickly.  I’m not complaining as I think I’d rather get these 4 versus the 1 or 2 we would have gotten from Diamond but I’m just curious about what happened.  

Yikes!  Well, I was excited.  Wesley's head might be a bit small for this body (hard to tell from this pic) but if he comes with an R.O.U.S., I'll let it slide.  The sword of the 6 fingered man is way off.  Princess Buttercup, doesn't look too great.  As for Andre the Brute Squad...well, I'm sure that's a good likeness of somebody, but it ain't Andre.  Take a peek at some of Mattel's Andre figures, Todd.   May have to just do a WWE Elite Andre head swap with this one as the body looks good.

Shown below are official images and details for the new 7" figures coming from McFarlane Toys for the classic The Princess Bride movie. You can pre-order these at both our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com or EntertainmentEarth.

Shown are the following figures:

- Dread Pirate Roberts which includes a sword and base.

- Inigo Montoya which includes a sword and base.

- Princess Buttercup (Red Dress) which includes soft-goods dress and base.

- Fezzik which is a MegaFig and includes a rock and peanut.

Look for these to be released in November 2021.

Princess-Bride-00.jpg

Princess-Bride-01.jpg

Princess-Bride-02.jpg

Princess-Bride-03.jpg

Princess-Bride-04.jpg

Princess-Bride-05.jpg

Princess-Bride-06.jpg

Princess-Bride-07.jpg

Princess-Bride-08.jpg

Princess-Bride-09.jpg

Princess-Bride-10.jpg

Princess-Bride-11.jpg

Princess-Bride-12.jpg

Princess-Bride-13.jpg

Princess-Bride-14.jpg

Princess-Bride-15.jpg

Princess-Bride-16.jpg

Princess-Bride-17.jpg

Princess-Bride-18.jpg

Princess-Bride-19.jpg

Princess-Bride-20.jpg

Princess-Bride-21.jpg

Princess-Bride-22.jpg

Princess-Bride-23.jpg

Princess-Bride-24.jpg

Princess-Bride-25.jpg

Princess-Bride-26.jpg

Princess-Bride-27.jpg

Princess-Bride-28.jpg

Princess-Bride-29.jpg

Princess-Bride-30.jpg

Princess-Bride-31.jpg

Princess-Bride-32.jpg

Princess-Bride-33.jpg

Princess-Bride-34.jpg

Princess-Bride-35.jpg

Princess-Bride-36.jpg

Princess-Bride-37.jpg

Princess-Bride-38.jpg

Princess-Bride-39.jpg

Princess-Bride-40.jpg

Princess-Bride-41.jpg

Well, only about 30 years late, but I guess if anyone is gonna do it right it'll be McFarlane. Not my taste but I know plenty of people who'd love to have them.

15 minutes ago, Zerzar999 said:

Well, only about 30 years late, but I guess if anyone is gonna do it right it'll be McFarlane. Not my taste but I know plenty of people who'd love to have them.

Since a line like this is all about Nostalgia I would say 30yrs is just about right, though McFarlane is the first to do figures based on this movie.