McFarlane Toys Announces The Princess Bride License

JayC

I remember people on the old Spawn Boards begging for Todd to make a Movie Maniacs Westley pretty much every week for years.  This will be interesting to see, and I hope the characters are improved over the Game of Thrones figures from the last few years.

• Thanks 1

It never made sense to me why McFarlane picked up the Game of Thrones license during the final season and then mention in an interview that it was hard to sustain the action figure line once the show was over.  At least we got the 3 dragons... one thing that McFarlane excels at.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DeceptiTom said:

I cant wait to see them do 2-3 figures and then kill the series like they did Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Star Trek, and will do to Avatar and Dune

this seems like a pretty solid prediction, I don't see this line going very deep I see them doing Westley,/Man In Black, Buttercup and Montoya, but thats about it.

I also have no interest in these figures, strange license to scoop up by McFarlane seems destined to fail, it's way too niche, doesn't have enough wide range of a fanbase.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

You may recall last October how McFarlane Toys announced they had obtained the license to do action figures based on the 80's classic The Princess Bride movie.

Well now some overseas retail listings have popped with the figures we can expect to see produced first. We also have new figure listings for the McFarlane kids creature line known as RAW-10. Here are the listings for both lines:

Princess Bride
-McFarlane Toys The Princess Bride Megaig FEZZIK (Andre The Giant)
-McFarlane Toys The Priness Bride 7" WV1 WESTLEY DREAD PIRATE ROBERTS
-McFarlane Toys The Priness Bride 7" WV1 INIGO MONTOYA
-McFarlane Toys The Princess Bride 7" WV1 Princess Buttercup (Red Dress)

Raw-10
-McFarlane Toys RAW10 Small Set - THE MEAN HORNET
-McFarlane Toys RAW10 Large Set Wide - TERROR DON
-McFarlane Toys RAW10 Large Set B - HOOF

The Raw-10 stuff will likely once again be released as a Walmart exclusive here in the US. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Princess Bride figures don't end up being some kind of store exclusive here in the US as well, but that isn't confirmed.

Once more details and or images are released we will be sure to update you here about them.

• Thanks 1

Great first wave, but with them being the main 4 characters, I'm not confident we'll get much more after. I wouldn't mind getting some variants if nothing else can be done tbh. It would be cool to see this line continue, but I'm getting too used to McFarlane's one and done lines.

17 hours ago, AlanXember said:

Great first wave, but with them being the main 4 characters, I'm not confident we'll get much more after. I wouldn't mind getting some variants if nothing else can be done tbh. It would be cool to see this line continue, but I'm getting too used to McFarlane's one and done lines.

Yea. I think you are probably correct. But I am interested in the first wave. Depending on how they end up looking. 

That's an interesting line up, so far the only ones I'm considering picking up would be Westley and Iñigo Montoya and that depends on how well their articulation and likenes is. If I can't have them recreate their magnificent duel then why bother.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...