Sign in to follow this  
JayC

McFarlane Toys Announces Avatar The Legends Of Aang and The Legend of Korra Licenses McFarlane

McFarlane Toys today announced two new licenses based on Nickelodeon properties with Avatar The Legends Of Aang and The Legend of Korra . Look for these to be released in 2021.

Well at least it'll be interesting to see what McFarlane can do with these two licenses, since DST seems to have dropped the ball a while ago, I can imagine all the possible Aang and Korra variants.

15 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Aang and Korra variants.

That's a given.

Interesting that theres such a resurgence of avatar stuff lately. I know netflix just got both series but weird 10 years later things are coming out for it. DST has it but from my knowledge has never released anything yet. Will be interesting to see what McF makes. 

So DST lost it?

53 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Interesting that theres such a resurgence of avatar stuff lately. I know netflix just got both series but weird 10 years later things are coming out for it. DST has it but from my knowledge has never released anything yet. Will be interesting to see what McF makes. 

There are several figures and statues from DST. At toyfair they announced waves 3 and 4.

15 minutes ago, FASVB said:

There are several figures and statues from DST. At toyfair they announced waves 3 and 4.

Where is DST stuff even sold at anymore? Just comic shops? I remember they used to be at alot of stores that are now defunct like mediaplay among a few other mall shop chains. Never really saw any reviews show up or anything that i can recall.. Altho i enjoyed the show, i never really cared much for having figures of it. 

6 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

Where is DST stuff even sold at anymore? Just comic shops? I remember they used to be at alot of stores that are now defunct like mediaplay among a few other mall shop chains. Never really saw any reviews show up or anything that i can recall.. Altho i enjoyed the show, i never really cared much for having figures of it. 

Walgreens, gamestop, BBTS to name a few. I've seen in a lot of places. Just can't start a new collection right now. Only reason that I didn't buy them.

I never really cared about Avatar, and I thought honestly after the bad M. Night movie nobody did, but it seems the show and the Diamond figures are pretty beloved, never did much for me, but maybe I'm missing something. anyways I always thought Korra looked fun like an anime unmasked kitana, I'd buy a figure, but I'd likely stop there.

10 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I never really cared about Avatar, and I thought honestly after the bad M. Night movie nobody did, but it seems the show and the Diamond figures are pretty beloved, never did much for me, but maybe I'm missing something. anyways I always thought Korra looked fun like an anime unmasked kitana, I'd buy a figure, but I'd likely stop there.

The show is fantastic and still holds up extremely well. Id recommend a rewatch if you are remotely interested. It has some of the most well written characters in animation. 

52 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

The show is fantastic and still holds up extremely well. Id recommend a rewatch if you are remotely interested. It has some of the most well written characters in animation. 

Both shows are fantastic.  I personally found Legend of Korra easier to connect to because the themes and characters were more adult. 

Interested to see what Todd does with this license. I loved The last airbender, but DST figures were hard to get for me, and honestly didn't like them that much. I kinda know what to expect from McFarlane now, so I'm kinda excited. 

Also there are quite some variants that they can make, like the time they all were hiding in the fire nation.