DC Multiverse 7" Red Hood And Nightwing 2-Pack In-Hand Images

JayC

The folks at McFarlane Toys originally announced this Red Hood and Nightwing 2-pack for their 7" DC Multiverse line back in July. Originally it was said to be released around November, but then got delayed. At last report McFarlane was saying this set would be going up for pre-order sometime in December.

Well despite that the figure has apparently already turned up in China. I don't know if these are leaked factory samples or what. The in-hand images which give us our best look to date for the set come via pzahui on Instagram.

Unlike most versions of Red Hood we have seen released, McFarlane has choose to go with an all black costume as opposed to the traditional grey. I am not sure how comic book accurate the all-black is, but I dig it. The jacket is not removable and actually comes off looking a little small on the figure. The jacket almost has a animated series feel to me. For weapons you get two pistols and the working gun holsters, (Take that Mattel). The other weapons shown in some of the images are not included.

The Nightwing figure as far as I can tell is just a straight up repaint switching out the blue stripes for red.

When the set is finally put up for pre-order look for it to cost around $40. Who wants to bet money we see a Red Hood figure released down the road by McFarlane with a grey costume as opposed to black???

Red-Hood-01.jpg

Red-Hood-02.jpg

Red-Hood-03.jpg

Red-Hood-04.jpg

Red-Hood-05.jpg

Red-Hood-06.jpg

These do look good. I must say, from the awkward way they had Nightwing posed in the reveal shots I thought they were trying to hide something, but in neutral pose it looks pretty well. Ultimately, I think they were likely trying to hide it's limited articulation. After all it is McFarlane, and old habits die hard. Still, with every line and figure McFarlane is making it harder and harder to follow through with my lifetime ban on his products.

I really like the all black deco on Red Hood, just seems to go with the character. Hopefully he gets released as a stand alone figure as I'm not a big fan of that Nightwing but I will say that he also looks good in the black redeco.

Red Hood figure looks decent, something about the proportions though make this a bit wonky, the size of his chest and upper torso paired with the small jacket make his upper half look too big, plus then his head looks too big, the Nightwing figure I still don't like articulation looks lackluster and the length of his upper half are weird with the scrawny legs.

• 4 weeks later...
Twitter user @pittsed_off has posted images of what appears to be a single pack version of the McFarlane Toys 7" DC Multiverse Red Hood figure. Up until now we had only heard about the 2-Pack version that includes the red stripped Nightwing figure.

Now the fact that McFarlane Toys is re-releasing Red Hood as a single release doesn't surprise me in the slightest, however I do find it a little surprising that from what I can tell, that seems to be a straight up re-release with no variations at all. I was expecting to see a grey outfit version which is more in keeping with the comics than all black. We even seem to get the exact same accessories. Check out images of the single release below.

Red-Hood-Single-01.jpg

Red-Hood-Single-02.jpg

Red-Hood-Single-03.jpg

Red-Hood-Single-04.jpg

Red-Hood-Single-05.jpg

• Like 2

Then I'm glad O passed. Would be stuck with a Nightwing that I didn't want. But it's a slap in our face and Todd is playing a dangerous game. This not MK that has tons of skins. Most of us don't want that. 

• 2 weeks later...

We told you this figure was coming a couple weeks ago, and now it has showed up on the Target.com website. It's the single release version of the McFarlane Toys 7" DC Multiverse Red Hood figure.

The figure seems to be an exact or almost exact version that was released in the 2-pack with Nightwing. The figure is currently listed as sold out on the Target website but it does not appear to be a Target store exclusive, so other stores should have it available eventually.

Red-Hood-01.jpg

Red-Hood-02.jpg

Red-Hood-03.jpg

Red-Hood-04.jpg

Red-Hood-05.jpg

Red-Hood-06.jpg

Red-Hood-07.jpg

• 4 weeks later...