'Green Lantern' TV Series For HBO Max Announces Writers & Showrunner

Outsiders

Last October, we reported that Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Titans, Doom Patrol) announced that a Green Lantern inspired series was in the works for HBO Max.  It has taken almost a whole year but the series has finally found its writers and showrunner.

The ten-part series based off the DC Comics book by the WarnerMedia streaming service will be written by Seth Grahame-Smith, writer of The Lego Batman Movie, and Marc Guggenheim, co-creator of Arrow and a writer on the 2011 Green Lantern movie.

Grahame-Smith will showrun the series with Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros producing.

The drama will depict the adventures of a multitude of Lanterns, including Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz and Alan Scott — Earth’s first Green Lantern, who, true to the comics, is a gay man — and many more. The series will also include fan favorites such as Sinestro and Kilowog, and will also introduce new heroes to the ranks of the Green Lantern Corps.

52 minutes ago, Satam said:

Bad, HBO Max! No! Don't let Guggenheim cowrite this! Remember what happened last time?

I thought the same thing, I'm a fan of Green Lantern and was hopeful for this project and then I saw who was involved. 

Yeah, its a Berlanti ball-wash so they'd have to throw some gay in there. Which, by the way is only true to the modern comics as the REAL Alan Scott was NOT gay, He liked girls and had kids and everything.

God, when will they stop letting Berlanti spray his perversion all over DC?

22 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I thought the same thing, I'm a fan of Green Lantern and was hopeful for this project and then I saw who was involved. 

I had kind of hoped that there would be only a very tangential kind of hands-off involvement from Berlanti and Guggenheim and that someone who knows about comics might take the reigns, like with Geoff Johns and Stargirl, but nope.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As evidence of Berlanti's DC 'multiverse', and the fact that they're LONG-RUNNING and had world-building crossovers, made me want to subscribe to HBO Max. On top of that HBO Max will feature Schneider's JL. Hoping against hope that all DC syndicated movies, TV series, live or animated, old and new get consolidated in HBO Max.... that'll be worth every penny.