McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse 7" SIngle Pack Red Death, Injutice Flash, Injustice Gordd And Superman Vs Devestator 2-Pack Rumors

JayC

We have a few DC Multiverse rumors to share with you. First it looks like there is a single pack version of the 7" Dark Nights Metal Red Death figure coming from McFarlane. You may recall the first time we saw the Red Death figure, it was listed as coming with the other Walmart Metal figures. Later it was announced to be coming in a 2-pack with Flash as an exclusive to Amazon.

Well now it looks like a single version is in fact coming to Walmart. They now have a place holder for the figure listed on their website.

For other rumors, Singapore distributors have started listing several new figures which included an Injustice Flash, Injustice Gorilla Grodd and a 2-pack featuring Superman vs. Devastator. We have no further confirmation on these figures, but these distributors have previously listed McFarlane figures that turned out to be true.

RedDeath_01.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ah cool that Red Death will be getting a stand alone release, because it's actually one of the few figures I was interested in getting. I think however I'm mostly not in on this line, if we start getting some more females or Swampthing or maybe Martian Manhunter I'd be having a hard time saying no, Gorilla Grodd sounds great, but the fact it's his Injustice look has me less stoked.. I don't know how much I liked his armor look in that game, would prefer a regular Grodd personally. I also am confused is Devestator not just a Doomsday ? but more like the one we just saw recently (like the batman doomsday) ala it's a re-pack maybe in new colors with a Superman?, correct me if I'm wrong.

I would love a Gorilla Grodd and supes vs Devastator 2 pack from the injustice line! Is this from storm? Hope so- it's about time we got an update to the gorilla grodd character- last great fig from him was from the retired DCUC line from many moons ago. I don't mind the 2 pack amazon red death vs flash set- that flash has a different facial expression/head sculpt than the flash coming out in the mainstream- but yeah, other than that, it's looking like the same figure basically. But I am all for variants. Curious on the injustice flash look on a figure. 

• 2 weeks later...

I did not realize McFarlane has the Injustice license. I am extremely intrigued! I dont like them enough to splurge on storms versions but if mcfarlane can make an equally interesting character from the games in a fraction of the cost of storm, uuuu weee im in. Grodd looks awesome, flash looks good too. Not a big fan of flashs default look but with how McF is treating his MK11 line with slight variations from the costumes in the game, it makes me wonder if he ll do something similar with the injustice line since its got alot of customization options in it. 

• Thanks 1

Grodd does look pretty cool, although I would have liked him in his Comic look rather then this armored injustice look, depending on actually how big this fig is (hoping its like 10") and if that helmet is removable I probably will get this. I always love a giant angry gorilla man.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Grodd is the cool figure here, Too bad he's got that armor, I would have loved to get him as a generic oversized gorilla for my possible Conan figures to fight.

If only that armor is removable... but most likely it's not :(

On 10/3/2020 at 2:11 AM, JayC said:

We have a few DC Multiverse rumors to share with you. First it looks like there is a single pack version of the 7" Dark Nights Metal Red Death figure coming from McFarlane. You may recall the first time we saw the Red Death figure, it was listed as coming with the other Walmart Metal figures. Later it was announced to be coming in a 2-pack with Flash as an exclusive to Amazon.

Well now it looks like a single version is in fact coming to Walmart. They now have a place holder for the figure listed on their website.

For other rumors, Singapore distributors have started listing several new figures which included an Injustice Flash, Injustice Gorilla Grodd and a 2-pack featuring Superman vs. Devastator. We have no further confirmation on these figures, but these distributors have previously listed McFarlane figures that turned out to be true.

RedDeath_01.jpg

I gotta say I'm sooooo sad we can't get Red Death as a standalone action fig :(  Bummer! Todd, why!?

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like McFarlane Toys is going to be doing a Reverse Red Death figure as a single release. In the comics the Red Death character is exposed to an intense blast of the positive energy turning him good and gold. A reverse type Flash character if you will.

Last month we had seen a listing pop up on the Walmart website listing a single release of the Red Death figure. We initially assumed this would just be the regular version from the Amazon 2-pack re-released on single card like they did with their Flash figure.

It now looks like this will be a gold version (Not to be confused with one of the gold/bronze variants McFarlane has been doing in their Platinum series of figures) based on the Reverse Red Death character seen in the comic books. We can see this low-res image of the figure from the Singapore based retailer called Toys Alley. They are listing the figure as part of the McFarlane Gold Label series, which translates to it being a Walmart exclusive here in the US. THis makes sense being the listing we have on the Walmart website.

I am sure better images and details will be coming very soon from McFarlane Toys, so stay-tuned.

DC-Metal-Reverse-Flash-00.jpg

6 hours ago, JayC said:
It looks like McFarlane Toys is going to be doing a Reverse Red Death figure as a single release. In the comics the Red Death character is exposed to an intense blast of the positive energy turning him good and gold. A reverse type Flash character if you will.

Last month we had seen a listing pop up on the Walmart website listing a single release of the Red Death figure. We initially assumed this would just be the regular version from the Amazon 2-pack re-released on single card like they did with their Flash figure.

It now looks like this will be a gold version (Not to be confused with one of the gold/bronze variants McFarlane has been doing in their Platinum series of figures) based on the Reverse Red Death character seen in the comic books. We can see this low-res image of the figure from the Singapore based retailer called Toys Alley. They are listing the figure as part of the McFarlane Gold Label series, which translates to it being a Walmart exclusive here in the US. THis makes sense being the listing we have on the Walmart website.

I am sure better images and details will be coming very soon from McFarlane Toys, so stay-tuned.

Doesn't look too shabby. 

14 hours ago, JayC said:

I still see this as a variant... Just glad that it'll be a standalone 'cause it'll suck if it's part of a BAF and you're just forced to buy it in order to get all the components of the extra figure. How I hope that Red Death, not the variant, were the one that showed up as standalone. Todd's quite a businessman ...

17 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Well, at least it's a variant backed by an element within the canon.

Since it's a variant and standalone I'm expecting really cool accessories. It has to be as good as that standalone Flash with lightning streaks. That's how I see it. 

Uuuuuugh......please stop! I'm bout to start a Kickstarter just to hand over straight cash (homie) to McFarlane to stop this Bronze/Gold nonsense. I got five on it. Anyone else?

Last week we told you how it looked like McFarlane Toys was going to be releasing a gold version of their 7" DC Multiverse Red Death figure. That this figure was actually based on a version of the character from the comics where he turns gold and becomes a good guy. Essentially a Reverse Flash spin on the character.

Indications are this figure will be part of the Gold Label Collection and released as a Walmart exclusive here in the United States.

The figure has been going up for pre-order with overseas etailers and now we have a better quality image of the figure via Gunpla legacy melaka to share with you. Look for official details and confirmation on this one to come soon from McFarlane Toys.

Gold-Red-Death-01.jpg

On 11/4/2020 at 3:10 PM, Zerzar999 said:

Uuuuuugh......please stop! I'm bout to start a Kickstarter just to hand over straight cash (homie) to McFarlane to stop this Bronze/Gold nonsense. I got five on it. Anyone else?

I want to start a petition to get McFarlane(and the whole industry, really)  to agree to a standardized 6" scale. I want to be able to display my figures in massive crossovers, without having weird size issues. Harley Quinn should NOT be taller than Thor!

• Haha 1