Jump to content
JayC

G.I. Joe Classified Wave 4 Is Now Wave 3 - So Will Wave 4 Be A Movie Wave And Does Zartan Change Colors?

Recommended Posts

Since this weekend's PulseCon G.I. Joe Classified reveals for wave 3, more details have come to light about that wave.

The two remaining figures for wave 3 will be re-issues of the wave 1 Roadblock and Scarlett, who will join Zartan and the Cobra Trooper. Yes the two most commonly found figures from wave 1 will be returning for wave 3.

Now back in August, if you caught my video, I told folks this wave was coming, however originally these figures were slated for wave 4, not wave 3. You can listen to me talk about this back in August here starting at the 10:38 mark.
 



Now wave 3 based on the information I had gotten was originally going to be a movie wave featuring movie versions of Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow and an unknown female character, which presumably was movie based. Of course the Snake-Eyes movie as we all know was delayed until October 2021, so even in August I assumed there was a good chance Hasbro might switch the waves around. Keep in mind Wave 3 isn't due out officially until around March 2021, which means wave 4 will be coming out much closer to the movie's new release date, assuming things aren't further delayed on that front. If I had to guess, that original wave three movie wave will now be released as wave 4.

As for other mysteries we have seen for this line, I don't have any new updates for you. This includes a Lady Jaye figure that was originally listed by an Australian retailer. I should note at this time, the only place I have seen indicating Lady Jaye is coming anytime soon, is that Australian retailer and Target. I've not been able to confirm that one from any other source at this time. Doesn't mean it's not coming, just means that I have nothing more for you on that one.

Another mystery that presented itself this weekend, was the indication that the Zartan figure will have a skin color change feature when put it in the sun, just like the original 80's version had. This was listed in the official solicitations sent our to retailers this weekend.
 

Quote

Series Zartan figure features a color-changing effect when placed in ultraviolet light, turning from a pale skin tone to a bluish gray color


As I understand it however, this version of the figure does NOT actually have that feature, nor was it mentioned as a feature in the official presentation of it during PulseCon.

I find it hard to believe someone just pulled that feature out of thin air when they wrote up the official figure description for Zartan. I would say the figure either originally was going to have the feature and it was removed, or more likely there will be a second version released at some point that has that feature. Probably some kind of store exclusive. We did see a Zartan figure pop up in the Target system months ago. I would assume a figure with a color change feature would also include a chest plate with translucent plastic, like the original figure had to better show off the color change. If Hasbro really wanted to wow us, they would also include a Swamp Skier to go with the figure, assuming they do end up releasing a second one, but I won't hold my breath.

While we are on the subject of Target, other figures that have been found in their system this year include Lady Jaye, Flint, Major Bludd and Barbecue. Lets hope those don't all end up being Target store exclusives.

One final note. Wave 3 very likely will be fairly difficult to find at regular retail. You have fan favorite Zartan and a popular army builder Cobra Trooper figure mixed in with two figures that have already started warming pegs from wave 1. The likely hood that the large retail outlets will order this wave in large enough numbers to fill the demand for the two new figures, seems quit low.

However, small e-tailer and comic shops generally have the option of ordering single cases of figures they know will be in high demand. It can sometimes take longer for them to get those single cases in stock, but they will come. If you want to save yourself a lot of headache, time and gas, my recommendation is forgo trying to get these at the big box retailers, and just pre-order as many as you want at your favorite etailer like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. You could pre-order as many Cobra Troopers as you want an never have to worry about finding them again. Just a thought.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really want to get into this gi Joe line especially the Cobra figures they just seem perfect for bad guys to VS any of my other 1/12 scale figures but right now I'm broke and can only afford what I can afford  getting into a new line right now is out of question for me

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, they're going to re-issue the pegwarmers.  I'd say they have no freacking idea what they are doing there but well since I'm out of this line I think I'll have fun watching their occurrences.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JayC said:

If Hasbro really wanted to wow us, they would also include a Swamp Skier to go with the figure,

Well, a lot of people would be more surprised If only Hasbro improved the distribution instead.

55 minutes ago, JayC said:

While we are on the subject of Target, other figures that have been found in their system this year include Lady Jaye, Flint, Major Bludd and Barbecue. Lets hope those don't all end up being Target store exclusives.

Shhh...don't give them ideas.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming this line has a wave 4. I've yet to see Scarlet or the regular Heavy Duty, but I don't doubt the claim that they are peg warmers elsewhere. Seems like Duke and Snake-eyes have more appeal to the casual buyers and non-completists. Putting these figures in wave 3 can end up hurting everyone. The online retailers are going to be less interested in selling the individuals from the case since they'll be faced with a heap of unsold reissues. A better mix would be 2x each of Zartan & Cobra or 1x Zartan, 1x Snake-eyes and 2x Cobra. 

I'd be interested in a color change Zartan with Swamp Skier. That would hit the nostalgia button. Especially if you can take it apart.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Only thing I see with this Trooper vs the Cobra Island that could never be attained, is that there doesn't appear to be a goggle accessory.

I believe he also doesn't come with one of the rifles.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that the production Zartan will have the photochromatic effect, but the prototype figure the GI Joe team showed off wasn't made from that plastic.  As to why they didn't mention it, I'm also guessing it was just an oversight.  We'll find out next year, I suppose.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something that has been kicking around in my head, is how come on the back of the box of the current waves do we see a Alley Viper on the back, it seems as though this figure should have come out since it's the only figure on the back of the box we have yet to see, I'd imagine as this series goes forward they'd change the back of the box to reflect the current characters, or maybe it will never change? I'm curious it seems like shouldn't we have gotten that figure at least announced? it's a odd omission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Something that has been kicking around in my head, is how come on the back of the box of the current waves do we see a Alley Viper on the back, it seems as though this figure should have come out since it's the only figure on the back of the box we have yet to see, I'd imagine as this series goes forward they'd change the back of the box to reflect the current characters, or maybe it will never change? I'm curious it seems like shouldn't we have gotten that figure at least announced? it's a odd omission.

There's gotta be an Alley Viper still coming.  Maybe it was intended for an earlier wave but pushed back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Satam said:

There's gotta be an Alley Viper still coming.  Maybe it was intended for an earlier wave but pushed back.

Yeah I mean seeing as how we have yet to see it, this must be the case, but already we have seen figures from wave 3 (and know the line up) and the listings for wave 4 have been noted, the new Target exclusives have been shown, but still no Alley Viper, it's just weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I mean seeing as how we have yet to see it, this must be the case, but already we have seen figures from wave 3 (and know the line up) and the listings for wave 4 have been noted, the new Target exclusives have been shown, but still no Alley Viper, it's just weird.

It does seem a bit weird, but it does make sense to introduce the regular viper into the line first, even in a store exclusive wave (as much as we hate the Target situation). I'm sure it's just that, but there's been speculation by some online that the Joe team might be rethinking the kind of funky color choices they seemed to be going with on the box art and with the first wave or so, and if by some chance it might mean getting a red and black Alley Viper (my preference) over the orange and blue version, I'm cool waiting another wave or two.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Satam said:

It does seem a bit weird, but it does make sense to introduce the regular viper into the line first, even in a store exclusive wave (as much as we hate the Target situation). I'm sure it's just that, but there's been speculation by some online that the Joe team might be rethinking the kind of funky color choices they seemed to be going with on the box art and with the first wave or so, and if by some chance it might mean getting a red and black Alley Viper (my preference) over the orange and blue version, I'm cool waiting another wave or two.

I am totally down to wait myself, whatever it takes to get it right, and if they want to give us a red and black alley viper over the neon orange and blue that's cool aswell, although I do have a thing for that obnoxious highliter orange. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got all 3 color variants at some point, the neon & blue, black & red and the red & gray. I'd probably be that sucker who bought them all.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Only thing I see with this Trooper vs the Cobra Island that could never be attained, is that there doesn't appear to be a goggle accessory.

Missing the goggles, an extra riffle and the red thing you can put on the arm. The paint decos are a little different as well. For instance the webgear on this one is dark navy blue and on the Target one it was black. The skin tone around the eyes looks darker to.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iRandom said:

Assuming this line has a wave 4. I've yet to see Scarlet or the regular Heavy Duty, but I don't doubt the claim that they are peg warmers elsewhere. Seems like Duke and Snake-eyes have more appeal to the casual buyers and non-completists. Putting these figures in wave 3 can end up hurting everyone. The online retailers are going to be less interested in selling the individuals from the case since they'll be faced with a heap of unsold reissues. A better mix would be 2x each of Zartan & Cobra or 1x Zartan, 1x Snake-eyes and 2x Cobra. 

I'd be interested in a color change Zartan with Swamp Skier. That would hit the nostalgia button. Especially if you can take it apart.

Lets say the are the easiest to come by. The aren't warming pegs like say those Plasma Ghostbusters figures but like you could go on Amazon and get them at cost. When stores do get wave 1 they are usually the last to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Satam said:

My guess is that the production Zartan will have the photochromatic effect, but the prototype figure the GI Joe team showed off wasn't made from that plastic.  As to why they didn't mention it, I'm also guessing it was just an oversight.  We'll find out next year, I suppose.

No its been confirmed that it wont have color change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alley Viper and Cobra Version of Storm Shadow I am sure will come, but when exactly remains the unknown. My guess at this point is wave 5 would be the soonest we see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Satam said:

Where has that been confirmed?

It's been confirmed to me by sources I find pretty reliable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Satam said:

Where has that been confirmed?

Also a major feature like that I don't think is something they would have just forgotten to mention and or demonstrated in the press images they released. It probably would even be mentioned on the packaging like they've done with every other Zartan figure they released that had that feature. Also with the solid chest plate, it would kind of make the feature pointless.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A smart move would be to release the Firefly figure again instead of the Roadblock and Scarlett pegwarmers...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 2:45 PM, JayC said:

Missing the goggles, an extra riffle and the red thing you can put on the arm. The paint decos are a little different as well. For instance the webgear on this one is dark navy blue and on the Target one it was black. The skin tone around the eyes looks darker to.

Yes. The goggles are what stands out for me; the brassard and weapons are nice. The good thing is the figure is going to be more available now. The Target people I talked to said they can only sell what they receive from Hasbro so what's been happening isn't their fault. You can take that with a grain of salt though. They also said they were  "aware of the concerns of their customers" and are "working to address the issue". Now understand this is one rep that I spoke to, and who knows how much weight, if any, can be put to this response.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it’s the classic look, but I wish Zartan didn’t have the exposed belly. It always seemed silly to me. Oh well, nothing I can’t fix with paint. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This line has surprisingly brought me more tears of pain than it has tears of joy, lol

 

New GI Joe in 6-inch scale : Yay!

They all have weird gold colored armor on them : Boo!

You'll never see them in stock at any store : Boo!

Wave two announcement : Yay!

You still have never seen wave 1, and you'll never see wave 2 : Boo!

Wave 3 announced, but you still haven't seen wave 1 : Boo!

Wave 3 will re-release wave 1 figs : Boo!

 

fml... lol

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DiscoCougar said:

This line has surprisingly brought me more tears of pain than it has tears of joy, lol

 

New GI Joe in 6-inch scale : Yay!

They all have weird gold colored armor on them : Boo!

You'll never see them in stock at any store : Boo!

Wave two announcement : Yay!

You still have never seen wave 1, and you'll never see wave 2 : Boo!

Wave 3 announced, but you still haven't seen wave 1 : Boo!

Wave 3 will re-release wave 1 figs : Boo!

 

fml... lol

☝️☝️☝️Exactly this and nothing more than this for me too.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE