New G.I. Joe Classified Wave 3 and Target Exclusive Promo Images - Yes The Target Pre-Orders Sold Out In Seconds

JayC

Hasbro today during PulseCon wowed us with some amazing new 6" G.I. Joe Classified figure reveals, and then as if they were giving Joe fan's a virtual kick to the groin they announced two of the four figures they showed would once again be Target store exclusives.

For the non-exclusive figures coming in wave three which will be out early next year they showed us an Amazing looking Zartan figure as well as a new Cobra Trooper.

Zartan comes with a Removable hood, Backpack, Mask, Alternate hands, Pistol and Knife. These accessories are very true looking to the original 80's version. The lack of color change and swamp skier is a bit disappointing, but still the figure looks great.

The Cobra Trooper is virtually the same figure we got in the previous Target wave minus a riffle and slight paint deco changes.

Both of these figures will be released everywhere and available for pre-order now at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

The two Target exclusive figures also look amazing. They are figures of Firefly and the Cobra Viper. These figures went up for pre-order on the Target website and sold out in 2 seconds, thanks to Target's unwillingness to put anything in place to stop scalper bots from getting them.

Target has the figures listed with a January 1 release date, however if the last wave is any indication, stores will probably get them in sooner, and then we can play the game of which stores will sell them early and which ones won't.

The Firefly comes with 6 accessories which includes a gun, stick of dynamite, drone, backpack, goggles and pad. The DCPI# 087-16-2542 and you can see it listed here, not that you will actually ever be able to buy it there.

The Cobra Viper comes with 5 accessories which includes goggles, pistol, riffle, backpack and bandanna. The DCPI# 087-16-8296 and the link to it can be found here.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lucky to get a Firefly on Target.com. The time stamp on my order was 5:05pm est. Sad, because after getting it, I was hopeful others would be able to get them too, but it doesn’t seem like that was the case. Hopefully there will be re-releases or other opportunities so the true fans can grab these and not just scalpers. Good luck to all!

• Thanks 1

Sad how this happens all the time with exclusives I gave up trying pre order exclusive after the hell with sh figuarts earlier this year and when you see them on ebay for those crazy prices and people purchase them it's really upsetting

44 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I know its not against the figures but it's funny that the Firefly already has 92, 1 star rating and the Cobra Viper has 108, 1 star rating...

I saw that, there was one that said "Your exclusives are garbage Eat hot death!" I found it hilarious. 

• Thanks 1

This notion that Hasbro can do nothing and has no responsibility whatsoever is just mind-blowing.

This has ruined what should have been an enjoyable pastime. There's nothing good in seeing something youd like to have, dangled in front of you and then snatched away for no other reason that neglect and stupidity.

Even more worry now that the Target Storm/Thunderbird set wont be attainable.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gilgamesh79 said:

Honestly though, I want that Zartan. That face he comes with is Dr. Mindbender. They just need to make him a body.

I had no clue what the mask was. Thanks for the info! Now I’m just hoping the actual Mindbender release comes with a monocle and a more comical styled mustache 

• Thanks 1

Just to note on Zartan. I know the official description that went out to retailers says he has color change ability but he does not. I would not be surprised if there is a second release coming probably some kind of exclusive that will have that, but this one does not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Just to note on Zartan. I know the official description that went out to retailers says he has color change ability but he does not. I would not be surprised if there is a second release coming probably some kind of exclusive that will have that, but this one does not.

I really thought I heard Lenny mentioning something in the panel... Does anyone knows if the video of the panel is going to be available?

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 6:48 PM, DrLava said:

what would you like hasbro to do? they cant make more figures without target ordering them. they cant sell the exclusives to another retailer. how are they responsible for what target does? 

And yet they are making more figures and distributing them (the Trooper anyway) to outlets like BBTS. Clearly they aren't as helpless to act as some of you are saying.

Hopefully this will follow suit for all the figures that have been botched for this exclusive.

I will say this again: exclusive or not, arrangement or not- this is HASBRO'S product. Not Target's or anyone else's. They make it, they put their name on it, etc. Therefore they bear responsibility for snafus like this. Happily it looks like they're taking steps at working out a solution.

The only people that aren't down with this are the scalpers, who I hope wind up holding a ton of figures they cant sell at their ridiculous greed prices.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 1:22 PM, DrLava said:

specifically with regard to the target exclusive wave, they are not hasbros product once target purchases them. just like how when you buy a figure, you own it, not hasbro. it has hasbros name on it cause they manufactured it. and with the target wave they only manufacture it for target to purchase and do with however they please. 

im guessing you must work for target and love the company, but thats who messed up and seems to have prevented you from purchasing what you wanted. you keep putting blame on hasbro because target didnt order enough and didnt evenly distribute between stores. product defect would be hasbro issue. product selling out is a target issue.

do you blame hasbro for amazon's terrible packaging so that any amazon exclusive you purchase has a damaged box? it has hasbro on the box. no you blame amazon cause they shipped it. so why are you not blaming target for low inventory levels at your local store?

and hasbro isnt distributing the figures to bbts. bbts buys wholesale cases direct from hasbro and then resells the figures individually on their website as many stores and individuals do.

please learn how retail business works, you'll complain a whole lot less.

No, I don't work for Target and don't know how any reasonable person could come to such a conclusion. For the record this is both Target's and Hasbro's problem and they can fix it if they wanted to. You can apologize for Hasbro all you want, but if Hasbro's products are being used or associated with anything they find objectionable, they, like any company, will step in to change that. Even on the recent hasbro panel podcast they acknowledged there had been some problems with distribution that they hope to fix. Its not the full throated answer I and others wanted, but neither is it this nonsense you're spouting, that they have absolutely nothing to do here. 

How about you keep your unfounded assumptions and personal insults about me to yourself.  You don't assume I work for Target and I won't assume you're some scalper who doesn't want a fair playing field. Sound good?

• Thanks 1

Warning to everyone, If you guys can't play nicely with one another then don't play at all. Make your point and move on. You dont have to convince everyone you are right and they are wrong, each person can make their own determination to that effect on their own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

My two rusty cents: both Hasbro and Target are handling this line with their asses. PERIOD.

That's close to where I'm leaning. I don't think anyone expected the demand for this line to be what it is. 

• Thanks 1