Netflix Cancels 'The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance' After One Season

Outsiders

Netflix has confirmed the cancellation of The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance series.  The cancellation of Jim Henson’s epic fantasy adventure series came just hours after the series’ win this weekend at the Creative Arts Emmys for Outstanding Children’s Program.

“We can confirm that there will not be an additional season of The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance,” said Lisa Henson, executive producer. “We know fans are eager to learn how this chapter of The Dark Crystal saga concludes and we’ll look for ways to tell that story in the future. Our company has a legacy of creating rich and complex worlds that require technical innovation, artistic excellence, and masterful storytelling. Our history also includes productions that are enduring, often finding and growing their audience over time and proving again and again that fantasy and science fiction genres reflect eternal messages and truths that are always relevant. We are so grateful to Netflix for trusting us to realize this ambitious series; we are deeply proud of our work on Age of Resistance, and the acclaim it has received from fans, critics and our peers, most recently receiving an Emmy for Outstanding Children’s Program.”

“We are grateful to the master artists at The Jim Henson Company for bringing The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance to life for fans around the world,” Netflix said in a statement. “We’re thankful to the executive producers Lisa Henson and Halle Stanford, and Louis Leterrier, who also directed all episodes, as well as the writers, cast and crew for their outstanding work and thrilled they were recognized with the Emmy this weekend.”

• Sad 2

NOOO! So sad. It's one of the rare projects that surpassed it's cult-classic original. Man, Henson's projects shouldn't have to fight THIS hard just to exist, especially with how good and genuine they can be.

17 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Too bad, but why?.

High production cost and not enough buzz/viewership is my guess. It deserved the investment imo. At LEAST one more season would have been enough to figure out some closure. It deserved three though.

Definitely bummed out to hear this news. I never was a big dark crystal fan but I succumbed to the hype from the buzz and watched this and realllly enjoyed it. 

Aw man this is sad news, I love this show, it was so beautiful, Dark Crystal being one of my favorite movies, this show was a true wonder, I am kinda however not surprised it's getting cancelled I feel like it came out at the wrong time, not enough interest but at least we got 1 season I am still so happy we did.

Maybe "The Jim Henson Company" should pick it up for "few episode"....

to give it that "closure"....I mean they got the dough or can get the dough,  right???

Do a  "go fund me", thing or something.....If they want it.....They did win a Emmy, right? =^)

Just asking.....IMHO of course  =^)

9 hours ago, Satam said:

Cancelled the day after winning an Emmy.  Ouch.

Cancelled off NETFLIX, the day after winning an Emmy. That's like getting cancelled off Fox, they rarely cancel ANYTHING.

Still, while I've never watched the show, if its half as good as I've heard, I'm not surprised Netflix would give it the ax. Transgender body-builders, new Steven Segall movies, the increasingly more obnoxious Stranger Things kids (hey, lets put them in EVERYTHING), that's Netflix' cup of tea. Every month it gets a little harder to justify that 17 dollar investment.

It ended in such a way that it doesn't really need a follow-up season.  (spoiler starts here) The introduction of the giant bugs is a nice segue into the movie, (spoiler ends here), so we know what happens. It's not like it ended on some completely unrelated cliffhanger that leaves us blue balled forever. Cult productions are cult for a reason, few people actually like them or care except a tiny cult of people. That's not enough to sustain a business.

Nooo, i am devastated to hear this, even some friends of mine will be sad to hear these news as well, i truly was looking forward for a second season :'(, it was one of the best fantasy series I've seen.

If i had go guess why it's being cancelled, probably because of certain controversies of Netflix, from raising up the prize to negligence of removing a certain horrid movie, oh we know which movie that is. Or at least that's only a guess why they would cancel the 2nd season.