New DC Multiverse Batman: The Last Knight On Earth Bane BAF Wave Coming From McFarlane Toys?!

JayC

Last week we told you how it looked like McFarlane Toys was going to be releasing a wave of 7" DC Multiverse figures that included figures of DC Metals The Drowned, Red Sun Superman and Damien Robin. We saw the prototype for The Drowned figure revealed by Todd McFarlane during the DC Fandome event.

Well now thanks to more overseas etailer listings we have word of another wave which will feature a Build-A-Figure. Now I know this may shock you but it's another Batman themed wave.

This one is said to be based on the 2019 Batman: The Last Knight On Earth DC Comics storyline which was written by Scott Snyder and had artwork from Jonathan Glapion and Greg Capullo.

The wave which is listed with a January 2021 release date is said to include figures from the storyline of Batman, Wonder Woman, Omega and Scarecrow. The Build-A-Figure will be of Bane which will likely go nicely with the Scarecrow figure. Of course until the folks at McFarlane Toys officially confirm this we will treat this info as RUMOR for now.

DC-Multiverse.jpg

I understand these designs (and the death metal ones) are right on point with the McFarlane brand but Its getting kind of old with all the Batmen (both in comics and in this line of figures), having so much batman everywhere makes the character boring, and takes aways a little of the special. As for the Mcfarlane toys Im these are cool looking and Im sure McFarlane is trying to capitalize on these desings as fast as they can before the next thing comes along in the comics, but come one they have the rights to ALL the Dc universe and so far the line seems to be more like Batman and a couple Friends... "sometimes", rather than DC Multiverse. Its time they start making figure of other characters outside "the Batman" comics, (yeah I know someone will say theyve done superman, flash, wonderwoman 84 and teen titans cyborg, and im not complaining about those its just there should be more of a balance between batman characters and the rest of the dc universe not like now where its about 80%batman/20%the rest.  

Yeah this story is right up McFarlane's alley, now doubt about it. Love that Scarecrow, i've never read the story but it looks like a cool design and my guess will look even better on the Bane BAF.

That being said I think Todd really needs to start mixing in some classic non-Batman stuff or people will walk away from this line. I don't understand one you don't alternate waves. One wave Batman then non-Batman and then Batman. I think if he did that more people would be cool with waves like this and the Metals.

What he should do is have is mix it up a little bit. He could make a wave with a classic comic book figure,  a modern comic book figure, a figure from a movie or TV show and a figure from a video game the number of those depending on how big he'd want the wave to be. Keep Batman or Superman one per wave as the anchor figure, if needed. If at all possible avoid the BAF so people can buy the figures they want. Do the big characters as Deluxe figures like he said he was going to do at the beginning. 

• 1 month later...

Todd McFarlane has released a video giving us our first look at the new Batman: The Last Knight On Earth Bane Build-A-Figure which is said to be the biggest figure in the line to date. The figures in the wave which we saw several weeks ago include Batman with severed Joker head, Omega, Wonder Woman and Scarecrow. The Scarecrow figure will be able to ride on Bane's back like seen in the comics.

In the video we also get a new look at the Damien Robin figure which will be included with the wave that has The Drowned, Red Sun Superman, Damien Robin and Death Metal Batman.

Check out the video and images below.

Bane-BAF-00.jpg

Bane-BAF-01.png

Bane-BAF-02.jpg

Bane-BAF-03.jpg

Bane-BAF-04.jpg

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Is that how Bane looks in the latest comics?

Not really.  They gray is accurate to Last Knight on Earth.  The shapes and proportions are not.  There should also be some green veining, which maybe McFarlane will add, but this whole thing needs work first.

From the art I've seen this doesn't look too accurate, but either way this isn't that appealing of a figure, especially compared to other figures from last knight in earth series, really disappointing tbh, it reminds  me more of artist specific DC direct B/W statue series, where this figure would look great but not in action figure line that tries to be cool. This makes me glad that I attempted to make my own custom/kitbash Bane. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 2.58.58 AM.png

In an ideal world, I will army build the amazons/wonderwoman army using the wonderwoman in this wave. She's truly badass. Mcfarlane is just hitting the mark 99%  of the time! I would have given a "real" alternate body for scarecrow though--within the same package--if it's a standalone figure.

• 4 weeks later...
Shown below via Collectablekingdoms.com are official images for the upcoming 7" Batman: The Last Knight On Earth Bane BAF Wave from McFarlane Toys. The wave breaks down like this:

Batman - Includes nightstick, severed Joker Head, stand, Bane BAF Hands and Head

Omega - Alternate hands, stand, Bane BAF legs

Wonder Woman - Sword, stand, Bane BAF arms

Scarecrow - Flight stand, Bane BAF torso, fits on Bane's back

This wave is due to hit shelves in January 2021.

00.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Batman-Last-Knight-Wonder-Woman-07.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Batman-Last-Knight-Wonder-Woman-06.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Batman-Last-Knight-Wonder-Woman-05.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Batman-Last-Knight-Wonder-Woman-04.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Batman-Last-Knight-Wonder-Woman-03.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Batman-Last-Knight-Wonder-Woman-02.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Batman-Last-Knight-Wonder-Woman-01.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Batman-Last-Knight-Wonder-Woman-00.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Batman-Last-Knight-Scarecrow-07.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Batman-Last-Knight-Scarecrow-06.jpg

DC-Multiverse-Batman-Last-Knight-Scarecrow-05.jpg