MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

Mattel's new Masters of the Universe Origins line while seemingly widely liked by collectors has also been a source of frustration for many. The line started seeing release at the beginning of the year, but only at Walmart stores. Of course in typical Walmart fashion, many stores got little to no stock for these figures and carried in very low numbers online.

Suffice to say, finding the figures to actually be able to buy up until this point has been challenging to say the least. Originally it was said by Mattel that Walmart would have exclusive first dibs on the line for one year, but we are starting to see indications that November is when everyone will be able to start carrying the line.

Our first indication came the other day when we told you how a Florida based online distributor had started listing new Masters of the Universe Origins products including listings for a unannounced Masters of the Universe Origins Castle Grayskull playset which had a November release date listed.

Then yesterday we began hearing reports of Masters of the Universe Origins products showing up in the Target computer system which included that Castle Grayskull playset showing a $75 price point.

Now Amazon.com has started taking pre-orders for Masters of the Universe Origins figures with a November 15 release date.

Man-At-Arms

Evil-Lynn

Teela

Scare-Glow

Man-E-Faces

Orko - Is being sold by the Amazon Global Store right now

Beast Man

And my guess more will be showing up there soon.

MOTU-Origins-07__scaled_600.jpg

• Thanks 2

I want to get into this line SO BAD, but with all the other stuff I collect, financially there's just no more room at the inn. Still, I f that Grayskull rumor turns out to be legit, that'll be more than I can stand. I know I'll end up spending a fortune on these.

• Thanks 1

It's extremely easy to find MOTU Origins now. I can go to any of the 10+ WMs in my area and find most of the figures at most stores. There are dozens of Skeletors and He-Mans all over the place and there is an enormous endcap at all of them. The mad rush to get these on week 1 is over so all the faux outrage shouldn't be a thing anymore. Of course I'm the guy that has found every single TMNT Target (found 7 Leatherhead 2pks, 2 Metal Heads, and 2 Casey Jones 2pks in one day and found 6-7 Bebop 2pks in 1 day when those were new) and TMNT WM 2pk (3 in one day) out in the wild and most of the Target GI Joe, too so maybe I'm just super lucky. However, MOTU is out there and easy to find.

Just remember with NECA stuff that the NECA rep is who stocks those and not the stores. The NECA ambassadors at each store snaps a pic of the NECA section and forwards it to the rep and that tells them when to restock. It's usually on Thursday or Friday when restock happens but when I found all those TMNT 2 pks mentioned above that was on a Monday or Tuesday. I know someone who is an ambassador at one of the Targets around here, so he explained it all to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, obs said:

It's extremely easy to find MOTU Origins now. I can go to any of the 10+ WMs in my area and find most of the figures at most stores. There are dozens of Skeletors and He-Mans all over the place and there is an enormous endcap at all of them. The mad rush to get these on week 1 is over so all the faux outrage shouldn't be a thing anymore. Of course I'm the guy that has found every single TMNT Target (found 7 Leatherhead 2pks, 2 Metal Heads, and 2 Casey Jones 2pks in one day and found 6-7 Bebop 2pks in 1 day when those were new) and TMNT WM 2pk (3 in one day) out in the wild and most of the Target GI Joe, too so maybe I'm just super lucky. However, MOTU is out there and easy to find.

Just remember with NECA stuff that the NECA rep is who stocks those and not the stores. The NECA ambassadors at each store snaps a pic of the NECA section and forwards it to the rep and that tells them when to restock. It's usually on Thursday or Friday when restock happens but when I found all those TMNT 2 pks mentioned above that was on a Monday or Tuesday. I know someone who is an ambassador at one of the Targets around here, so he explained it all to me.

That might be true for your area but many areas are still quit barren. My walmart finally got a bunch of Skeletors but nothing else. And of course who is going to buy Skeletor if they cant get he man to fight or Skeletors other henchmen. I've also see where many stores just get Battle Cat but nothing else. So again who is gonna buy Battle Cat if they cant find He-Man for him to ride on.  Again NECA dist sucks for many stores. My stores never have any TMNT stuff. Some areas which are areas generally near the shipping ports where the product arrives from overseas or near distribution warehouses have better stock, but many are pretty barren.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

This is great news, was able to pre-order Scareglow and Man-e with no issues, the way it should be. I'm tired of Walmarts nonsense, the stores around me have absolutely no Origins anywhere to be found and they don't seem to care about stocking their site at all so I'm beyond elated that Amazon is getting these. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Would this be legitimate?, we were told that the deluxe figures, Panthor and all the rest would not be released until next spring.

119456808_10220245541747249_4210399450100961527_n[1].jpg

I think this more something that probably was planned before Covid... Then we got the news from Mattel Powercon about the real release date of some of these items.

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

They're available for pre order now, but I prefer to avoid mention the store since It's the sponsor's competition, plus it's charging a somewhat expensive price. Personally I would rather wait until walmart's exclusivity really expires and wait for BBTS to open its pre-orders.

No rush for me now. I can wait... I'm still waiting to get Trap Jaw, Man-e-faces and Scare Glow from the second waive...

11 hours ago, Asterix said:

Thank you for this thread. Managed to snag Scareglow and Evil Lyn. 

Good for you pal... I got Evil Lyn by ordering online and also at the store... It looks like the first wave is finally showing at my local Walmart stores in big quantities... I already seen all first wave characters on the shelves...

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Also on another MoTU-related note, an alleged image of the Masterverse version of Moss Man, has apparently also been leaked, pick it with every grain of salt, even for a prototype looks kinda off in some details, In principle the design is very similar to that of 200X and then the joints seem very similar to those of the MoTUC figures.

119637834_100368168488800_7485107014604090204_n.jpg

119774395_708863339715859_3911319052849171976_n.jpg

Oh nice and yes that's the 20XX version of him...

13 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Apparently more figures have been added to the Origins leaks list. Fisto, Tri Klops, Stinkor, Evil Lyn 2? and Breast man!?... the heck. 😲

119998412_124922552399482_6768895814421820669_n(2).jpg

I like the figures on that list and I will welcome them with open arms in my collection.

5 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

The exclusivity agreement with Walmart is getting closer to an end, in days past that other online store whose name shouldn't be named here 😉 has been sending to its wholesale customers a list of several Origins line items, we already know most of them, though there are a couple of new and interesting things.

IMG_20201002_163834.jpg

IMG_20201002_163810.jpg

Wow a lot of great figures listed there...

I’m pretty excited for the new  7” line. This Mossman tho def needs some tweaking , looks like a custom , imho. This does give me hope that it’s possibly a reimagining and not a slave to the vintage or 200x series.That was done in classics and now in origins ( well more of a sprinkle of 200x in classics ) I enjoyed the 200x it definitely has some faults but I still give it an A for effort.A few things I hope for in the new line 1.more defined sculpts as the origins have very soft sculpts 2. someone else sculpts the female faces. My marvel legends women have some beautiful faces. I feel  the Achilles heel for the 4h is female faces.

* disclaimer these are just my humble opinions and not to be treated as truth.So easy does ..it lets put the unlit torches and sharp pitchforks down.... easy, easy and you too with the AK-47  . Let’s put it down , that’s right slowly ,slowly. (In a hushed tone: who let them in I said only pitch forks and unlit torches allowed , are you crazy. ) *
Take care everyone 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1