Jump to content

MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't think these figures look perfect but the are a reflection of the art they are based on. I Haven't seen the cartoon images to compare yet but they seem to have descent articulation so I will be buying these.

I don't see them on BBTS where can i pre-order?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm almost of a mind to wait and see if the suits are smart enough to dump the "must be a He-Man and Skeletor in every wave and short pack any new characters" game plan before I get into this line. Something tells me, and judging by the way the Origins line is being distributed, that some things will never change. Still, I'll get these. I got no problem starting with the main two characters in the first wave, but having to include both in every wave and then having to rummage through layers and layers of them to find the new character is gonna get you cancelled in record time. How bout this, maybe you just include just one of the Big Two in each wave, and then make the other 3 character a mix of the characters we never got in the 200X waves and ones that did get made in the 200X, MOTUC, and Vintage lines, and maybe, just hear me out, just maybe you make the new characters as available (or dare I say it, even more available) as the main character. Now, one will say the new characters will depend on when they appear on the new show, but technically, if the show is just a continuation of the old Filmation series (which we've already seen that it isn't) then all characters should be fair game. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, this "Barbie has a new hat" strategy is not gonna work in todays market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

These are so made for collectors because no parent in their right mind would blow 25 bucks on a s single figure when they can spend the money for two and get an Xbox and PS game for their kid instead...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pixel Dan catches up with Reuben Martinez and Josh Graham from Mattel to talk about Masters of the Universe Origins. For the first time we see Stinkor who will smell pretty much like the original, Lords Of Power Beast Man which differs from the Power-Con release, Green Goddess and Webstor. These figures are part of wave 6 and can be pre-ordered at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Also shown is a new Target exclusive Battle-Damaged Bundle featuring He-Man and Battle Cat. He-Man has vac-metal armor and an alternate head ad full sword. Battle Cat will have a metallic armor paint. The base will connect to the one coming with the Wind Raider to form a landscape for in front of Castle Greyskull. You also get a couple critters with it.

Look for them to re-release He-Man and Skeletor with vintage heads and full Power Swords.

They also gave us our first look at the upcoming Origins Mosquitor figure. It will have an alternate head and pump feature. There will also be an extra hand and a blood sucking effect.

For Masterverse will be open to products beyond Revelation. Next year is He-Man's 40th Anniversary which will have lots of opportunities to pull from.

See the whole interview along with images below.


 

MOTU-Origins-Battle-Cat.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-01.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-02.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-03.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-04.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-06.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-07.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-08.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-09.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-10.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh nice, finally cool to see Stinkor and Webstor and the preview of Mosquitor, I am hoping I can find these , they are 3 of my favorite characters, and I've been having a ton of trouble trying to get The latest wave, so much coming out in a short period of time is stressful, since I need pretty much everything that comes out, inless it's a alt version of already released character.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2021 at 3:44 AM, JayC said:

Updated package images

Masterverse-Packaging-01.jpg

Masterverse-Packaging-02.jpg

Masterverse-Packaging-03.jpg

Masterverse-Packaging-04.jpg

Masterverse-Packaging-05.jpg

Masterverse-Packaging-06.jpg

Masterverse-Packaging-07.jpg

They indeed look pretty good, I guess we can argue that He-man's face is little bit off paint wise, like it's not even close as sharp looking as Evil-Lyn face. Moss Man looks really cool, I can see people making "affordable" Swamp Thing and Man Thing customs from it, still wish they were 6.5 scale rather than 7.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ewww, more exclusives, Target exclusives not less, man, glad I dropped the ball with Origins, now let's see what antics they have prepared for the Masterverse line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shown below are the first real looks at Mattel's upcoming figures based on the Netflix He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe CGI series. Shown are two figures of He-Man and one of Skeletor. Note this is NOT the same animated series as the one Kevin Smith is doing called Revelation. This CGI series is a second He-Man show coming to Netflix that will be geared more for kids than adults as you can see from these toys. The images were discovered on Facebook but I don't know where they originated from or how someone got the figures in hand. Thanks to Fitz for the heads up. When more details on this line become available we will be sure to update you.

Netflix-He-Man-MOTU-01.jpg

Netflix-He-Man-MOTU-02.jpg

Netflix-He-Man-MOTU-03.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kind of like that look for Skeletor, it has sort of a Darksiders look to it (it's almost a mix of War and Death) but overall I'm disappointed with these. I wonder if the Masterverse line will end up doing a higher quality version of characters from this show. I'd need to see more of this art style to know if I'll be into that, but if I am I'll probably get those.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, JayC said:

Pixel Dan catches up with Reuben Martinez and Josh Graham from Mattel to talk about Masters of the Universe Origins. For the first time we see Stinkor who will smell pretty much like the original, Lords Of Power Beast Man which differs from the Power-Con release, Green Goddess and Webstor. These figures are part of wave 6 and can be pre-ordered at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Also shown is a new Target exclusive Battle-Damaged Bundle featuring He-Man and Battle Cat. He-Man has vac-metal armor and an alternate head ad full sword. Battle Cat will have a metallic armor paint. The base will connect to the one coming with the Wind Raider to form a landscape for in front of Castle Greyskull. You also get a couple critters with it.

Look for them to re-release He-Man and Skeletor with vintage heads and full Power Swords.

They also gave us our first look at the upcoming Origins Mosquitor figure. It will have an alternate head and pump feature. There will also be an extra hand and a blood sucking effect.

For Masterverse will be open to products beyond Revelation. Next year is He-Man's 40th Anniversary which will have lots of opportunities to pull from.

See the whole interview along with images below.


 

MOTU-Origins-Battle-Cat.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-01.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-02.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-03.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-04.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-06.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-07.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-08.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-09.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-10.jpg

The battle damage HE-Man in chrome is spectacular... Wow I really want that one over the freaking deluxe one that is pale gray... I have to have it!😀✌️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JayC said:
Shown below are the first real looks at Mattel's upcoming figures based on the Netflix He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe CGI series. Shown are two figures of He-Man and one of Skeletor. Note this is NOT the same animated series as the one Kevin Smith is doing called Revelation. This CGI series is a second He-Man show coming to Netflix that will be geared more for kids than adults as you can see from these toys. The images were discovered on Facebook but I don't know where they originated from or how someone got the figures in hand. Thanks to Fitz for the heads up. When more details on this line become available we will be sure to update you.

Netflix-He-Man-MOTU-01.jpg

Netflix-He-Man-MOTU-02.jpg

Netflix-He-Man-MOTU-03.jpg

Those figures to be like 8 or 12 inches? I will watch that animated show to see how it is but not buying the figures since they are too big...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was no MoTU stuff for a while, at least not at  retail, now we will have three different lines, there are those who say that now is a great time for the franchise and now it's also a great time to be a MOTU fan, I don't know, I feel like this is all too much and all too sudden, maybe it's just me, even so Mattel still has a lot to work on to make sure all this stuff reaches people, I mean people who will really appreciate the figures and will not seek an economic benefit with them, the distribution is sure a nuisance for many fans in several countries.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

There was no MoTU stuff for a while, at least not at  retail, now we will have three different lines, there are those who say that now is a great time for the franchise and now it's also a great time to be a MOTU fan, I don't know, I feel like this is all too much and all too sudden, maybe it's just me, even so Mattel still has a lot to work on to make sure all this stuff reaches people, I mean people who will really appreciate the figures and will not seek an economic benefit with them, the distribution is sure a nuisance for many fans in several countries.

I feel the same, it seems a bit too much all at once, and it's all really a leap of faith, I can't imagine much data currently shows any upward trends in MOTU product desire from the general public/children, so this is really going off steam and the popularity within adults, who isn't a huge percentage of profit in the end, but 2 shows, 3 toylines all at once, seems like a real risk. I don't really think MOTU is going to return to it's prominence as a multi media powerhouse like the 80's, if they wanted to reach kids they might as well have made a mobile game like fortnite based off MOTU, not toys and cartoons. I hope it all goes well but I have my doubts, at least I bet the Kiddie show and toy line will probably flop pretty fast out the gate.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, lots of news lately in regards to Masters Of The Universe in general.  Couple of my general thoughts on recent news:

 

(1.)  From the Kevin Smith produced Netflix series: If I get Moss Man, I will most likely just use for my 200x collection, even if he is going to be an inch taller than the 6" 200x figures.  I may have to consider the Skelegod figure as well, since it seems to suggest it's Skeletor getting both halves of the Power Sowrds to become a god like, having both his powers and the Power Of Greyskull merged with him.  Having the figure being taller than other figures makes it look more so.  Undecided about Battle Cat, but I do like how if you take off the armour, he ends up looking more like Cringer than just a Unarmoured Battle Cat(Which I think is thanks to the eyes on the figure being different from the eyes on the Battle Cat mask).  At this time, I don't really see myself getting any other figures from this new line in general at this time.

 

(2.) In regards to the Target Exclusive Origins Battle Armour He-man And Battle Cat: Look at it this way, they are just exclusive repaints of 2 figures that have already been released in retail, as their armours are now more shiny, with Red painted slashes to repersent Battle Damage.  At least it's not a new character that is an exclusive(Please see the Target Exclusive G.I. Joe Classified: Cobra Island line as an example of this practice).  Though to be honest, I could do without the Red Slashes on the figures, however, if it's true that in this Origins line, you can swap out the figures arms, legs, and heads from the main body, then you can get a non Red Slash version of this He-man if you can get another figure. I am curious if they will do a Battle Armour Skeletor With Panthor 2 pack as well.

 

In a way, this Target Exclusive Origins Battle Damage He-man And Battle Cat 2 pack homages how at 1 point during the original line in the 1980's, how both the Battle Armour He-man and Battle Cat were re-released/re-isussed in a Gift Pack together as well.  The same thing happened with Skeletor and Panthor.  Here's are links from Heman.org for examples of these Gift packs from the original line:

 

https://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1485

https://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1486

https://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=562

 

For the record, it would seem that Battle Armour He-man and Skeletor got re-released in a few Gift/Multipacks thoughout the original line.

 

(3.) In regards to everyones comments about finding nothing but Origins He-man's and Skeletor's, as I assume it's a U.S. thing(I live in Canada for the record): I was wondering if you guys are referring to just the Regular He-mans and Skeletor's, the Battle Armour versions of them, The Rise Of Evil(That features a Skeletor head), or seeing all of these versions of these characters? 

 

Because in Canada(At least where I live), I maybe only seen Battle Armour He-man once or twice, and maybe Battle Armour Skeletor once.  I don't recall if I ever saw the Regular versions of them and if I did, it was only once when it was a Wal-mart Exclusive last year.  When the Origins line became a regular retail line, I've yet to see the Regular versions at all in person, but I did see all the figures from the She-ra wave.  As for the Rise Of Evil 2 pack, honestly, I have no idea if this will come to Canada or not at all, let along if it does, if will be a Store Exclusive or Mass Retail Release.

 

(4.) The Kid Focused Netflix MOTU figures: Looks interesting and very cartoony styilized(Which seems to fit the style most cartoons are like nowadays).  Need to see more before I can consider this line, however I am okay with He-man's general design.  Curious about the scale on these.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

There was no MoTU stuff for a while, at least not at  retail, now we will have three different lines, there are those who say that now is a great time for the franchise and now it's also a great time to be a MOTU fan, I don't know, I feel like this is all too much and all too sudden, maybe it's just me, even so Mattel still has a lot to work on to make sure all this stuff reaches people, I mean people who will really appreciate the figures and will not seek an economic benefit with them, the distribution is sure a nuisance for many fans in several countries.

Well I'm the one that feels good about Mattel releasing all these MOTU lines after been for so MANY years just getting a few exclusives when Mattel had the subscription and then Super 7... This is the way to go for all those long MOTU fans...😀✌️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the esthetic of the line but the proportions seem off. They all have pin heads, the arms are too long. This one needs to go back to the design table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE