MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

1 hour ago, Afterlife07 said:

I believe during the PixelDan interview its implied they're mass retail. They called the reissues of the first versions but with the new heads and swords.

They did mention they were coming in the interview, but I dont think they said specifically how it would be released. With so many of the original He-Man and Skeletor figures already collecting dust at Target and Walmart stores I would imagine they might be hesitant to want to carry these.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, JayC said:

They did mention they were coming in the interview, but I dont think they said specifically how it would be released. With so many of the original He-Man and Skeletor figures already collecting dust at Target and Walmart stores I would imagine they might be hesitant to want to carry these.

Fair enough, though even the card backs of the retail packages for the mid-summer/fall waves have been revised to feature the new heads and swords, so there may be a decent chance it's retail. I don't think they've showcased any exclusives on the card backs thus far.. (Image from Jay Bartlett's video review of Evil Lyn V2 and Fisto).

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 10.11.49 PM.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

This is why I wonder if indeed they are EB Exclusives to Canada, because here in Canada He-Man & Skeletor are extremely hard to find, it's the complete opposite to the US, while US has pegs filled to the brim with He-Man and Skeletor, we havn't see them on the pegs since last summer, people have been asking for a re-stock or at least some way to get them, so this might be the resolve.

• Thanks 1

Toys R' Us Canada has listed the new Mattel Masters of the Universe Revelation Masterverse figures for pre-order. The first wave includes He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn and Moss Man as well as the Deluxe Skelegod figure. The only item not currently listed is Battle Cat. As we previously reported these figures will start seeing retail wide release in early August. TRU is listing the figues with an August 3 release date.

As I have previously reported, I believe at least here in the US these will show up first at Walmart stores as possibly as early as this month. As of now however I have not seen any reports of folks finding them, so we will have to wait and see how long before they start hitting. Again by August they should be available everywhere.

Yesterday we got our first trailer for the Kevin Smith helmed Netflix Masters of the Universe Revelation animated series. The series is set to premier July 23. Check the trailer out below along with official images for the figures.

• Thanks 1

Shown below via Suppapon are new in-hand figure images of the first wave of figures in Mattel's Masters of the Universe Masterverse line. The figures have started seeing release overseas and include versions of He-Man, Skeletor, Evil Lyn and Moss Man from the new Kevin Smith Netflix Revelation animated series which premiers July 23.

One thing these images show is that apparently the head and harness from the Masters of the Universe Origins He-Man also work on the new Masterverse body and vice-versa.

Look for these to start hitting shelves in the US soon.

Masterverse-In-Hand-01.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-02.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-03.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-04.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-05.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-06.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-07.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-08.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-09.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-10.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-11.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-12.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, JayC said:
Shown below via Suppapon are new in-hand figure images of the first wave of figures in Mattel's Masters of the Universe Masterverse line. The figures have started seeing release overseas and include versions of He-Man, Skeletor, Evil Lyn and Moss Man from the new Kevin Smith Netflix Revelation animated series which premiers July 23.

One thing these images show is that apparently the head and harness from the Masters of the Universe Origins He-Man also work on the new Masterverse body and vice-versa.

Look for these to start hitting shelves in the US soon.

Masterverse-In-Hand-01.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-02.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-03.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-04.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-05.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-06.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-07.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-08.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-09.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-10.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-11.jpg

Masterverse-In-Hand-12.jpg

They look good. Hopefully we don't have issues finding them at Walmart...😃🙏

2 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Good find, man. How about the figures?, have you been able to find them on some store in your area or are they also scarce?. 

Where I live, all the stores look something like this:

FB_IMG_16235086212056460.thumb.jpg.b574e92dd4bc92b6bfab888849073b59.jpg

The figures are no where to be found.

Thanks man. I already the figures. At Walmart I seen a LOT of HE-Man and Skeletor figures... And all this megaconstrux plus Battle Cat. At the Target 🎯 stores I seen Panther and I also bought it today... They also have the same MOTU figures I mentioned from Walmart...

The Masterverse line does look pretty good, now that we can see more images, I still don't know about collecting them myself since I feel like it's too much MOTU and I feel so commited to Origins, but if I see these I might have to buy them.

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Wow, similar to what happens here, there are some other stores that do have figures available but they are only He Man and Skeletor, the rest of the figures are scarce but especially Scareglow, Man E Faces, Ram Man, Ninjor, and the Battle Armor versions. Now, that's why I'm worried about the Masterverse line.

All the rest of MOTU figures I pre order them from the BigBadToyStore with the exception of wave 1 which I found at different Walmart stores hunting them like a mad man months ago...😃✌️

They had a great idea of splitting heman, skeletor and all the other characters into their own skus and waves.  But somehow we are still stuck with huge quantities of heman and skeletor with virtually no sign of anyone else.  Not sure how this solution was handled so poorly.  I think the various green colors on masterverse mossman blend together much more nicely in hand than the promo pics showed.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I wonder that as well, my concern here is in the end this will damage the franchise, I have seen many people discouraged due the poor availability of other figures than He Man and Skeletor.

I agree, it's so far a very concerning ordeal

Yeah the crazy thing is (I have probably said this a zillion times) that in Canada both He-Man and Skeletor are some of the hardest to find figures, which makes so much upset for those over here because nobody wants to start collecting when they can't find the tent pole characters, it's discouraged a ton of collectors I know, and that also is a scary thing, that in America nobody can get the secondary characters, but Canada we can't get the staples, the 2nd wave with Beast Man, Teela etc, barely came to Canada and that wave also had so many important starters, it just comes down to being a poorly distributed line, and I'm sad I feel the same as you it could really hurt it going forward, I love this line and want it to continue at least until we get all of the original line figures, but it would be wonderful if we could even see characters never before in the original line.

In Canada we also have such terrible and inconsistent pricing.. if you find these in a Walmart store they cost 14.99, if you buy them online they range from 22 to 35 a fig (and that's not scalpers), things need to get sorted out.

Mattel save this toy line, get better distro! make a universal price standard.

Origins are the first MOTU figs I've collected. 

At first I was like, "NOPE! Pass! Not a MOTU guy!" then I was like,  "That Beast Guy looks pretty cool", After I got Beast MAN, I had to have another.....and now I have about the whole line. 

Looking as MASTERVERSE I've been doing the saaaaame thing. No way, okay maybe Moss Man, and on it goes....But will it ultimately get me??? IDK. 

IF, there is an easy pre-order for the first wave...I know that Moss Man will be ordered lol. IF NOT, I may be able to resist this line and save all the scratch. 

We first told you about this set last month, and now we have new official images for the upcoming Target Exclusive Battle-Damaged He-Man and Battle Cat Set. We checked and still no sign of it in the Target system but it will be released later this year. He-Man has vac-metal armor and an alternate head along with a complete power sword. Battle Cat will have a metallic armor paint. The base will connect to the one coming with the Wind Raider to form a landscape for in front of Castle Greyskull. You also get a couple critters with it.

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-01.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-02.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-03.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-04.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-05.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-06.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-07.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-08.jpg

• Thanks 1