MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

4 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Anybody seen Castle Grayskull hitting your local Walmart stores?

Nope, just a bunch of MOTU minis, Megaconstrux and several Origins He Man and Skelly, no sign of the rest of characters.

• Thanks 1

Shown below via Nerdist.com are the official images for Mattel's first wave of 7" Masters of the Universe Masterverse figures which are based on the upcoming Kevin Smith Revelation series coming to Netflix on starting on July 23.

The regular figures in the wave include He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn and Moss Man. There is a deluxe figure for Skelegod which will stand 9" tall and 14" Battle Cat which actually allows you to portray the figure as Cringer as well. The regular figures which are said to have 30 points of articulation will cost $24.99 each. Skelegod will cost $29.99 and Battle Cat will cost $39.99.

Not shown here but the second wave should include the following:

-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Spikor - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Teela - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Man-At-Arms - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Beast Man - $24.99

The figures will see release in June starting off at Walmart stores and then should be available everywhere starting on 8/1.

Masterverse-Battle-Cat-01.jpg

Masterverse-Battle-Cat-02.jpg

Masterverse-Battle-Cat-03.jpg

Masterverse-Evil-Lynn-01.jpg

Masterverse-Evil-Lynn-02.jpg

Masterverse-Evil-Lynn-03.jpg

Masterverse-He-Man-01.jpg

Masterverse-He-Man-02.jpg

Masterverse-He-Man-03.jpg

Masterverse-Moss-Man-01.jpg

Masterverse-Moss-Man-02.jpg

Masterverse-Moss-Man-03.jpg

Masterverse-Skelegod-01.jpg

Masterverse-Skelegod-02.jpg

Masterverse-Skelegod-03.jpg

Masterverse-Skeletor-01.jpg

Masterverse-Skeletor-02.jpg

Masterverse-Skeletor-03.jpg

masterverse-toys-social-featured.jpg

Masterverse-Skelegod-04.jpg

• Thanks 1

Oh boy, they all look great, that Skelegod looks very cool, it's my favorite out of the wave. What already discourages me is the mediocre distribution, and by using this term I am being very soft, I do not think I will ever see them in person, my main source will be BBTS or some other Etailer.

• Thanks 1

I guess Im the rarity out of this. I dont really like them at all. They dont look awful by any means but I cant really get into them. 

On 5/8/2021 at 12:06 AM, Mr_Scary92 said:

Power Con 2021 exclusives revealed?.

FB_IMG_1620446368449.jpg

FB_IMG_1620446375233.jpg

FB_IMG_1620446356872.jpg

Oh man thank goodness nothing I want here, I'll wait for the regular faker, grizzlor and horde troopers. I am also kind of shocked, wasn't the Duplicat actually created by a fan originally as Copy-cat, they basically ripped that person off with this? or am I missing something.

On 5/8/2021 at 6:16 AM, Roadpigmaster said:

Who's the one in the middle with the tree?

The one in the middle with the Grayskull pieces is... the Castle Grayskull robot, originally never a figure but a cardboard cut out piece that was in the original Castle Grayskull it was later retconned into Eternia Armor or Eternia Space suit, but later became a character all his own named Jet Pak (although it can also be a standard grayskull bot/space suit wearer)

It's pretty cool to see actually, I kinda want it. but...maybe we can see it as a regular release, although I really am trying not to buy figures that didnt actually get a release in the original line. I may have to break a few rules though.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JayC said:
Shown below via Nerdist.com are the official images for Mattel's first wave of 7" Masters of the Universe Masterverse figures which are based on the upcoming Kevin Smith Revelation series coming to Netflix on starting on July 23.

The regular figures in the wave include He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn and Moss Man. There is a deluxe figure for Skelegod which will stand 9" tall and 14" Battle Cat which actually allows you to portray the figure as Cringer as well. The regular figures which are said to have 30 points of articulation will cost $24.99 each. Skelegod will cost $29.99 and Battle Cat will cost $39.99.

Not shown here but the second wave should include the following:

-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Spikor - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Teela - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Man-At-Arms - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Beast Man - $24.99

The figures will see release in June starting off at Walmart stores and then should be available everywhere starting on 8/1.

Masterverse-Battle-Cat-01.jpg

Masterverse-Battle-Cat-02.jpg

Masterverse-Battle-Cat-03.jpg

Masterverse-Evil-Lynn-01.jpg

Masterverse-Evil-Lynn-02.jpg

Masterverse-Evil-Lynn-03.jpg

Masterverse-He-Man-01.jpg

Masterverse-He-Man-02.jpg

Masterverse-He-Man-03.jpg

Masterverse-Moss-Man-01.jpg

Masterverse-Moss-Man-02.jpg

Masterverse-Moss-Man-03.jpg

Masterverse-Skelegod-01.jpg

Masterverse-Skelegod-02.jpg

Masterverse-Skelegod-03.jpg

Masterverse-Skeletor-01.jpg

Masterverse-Skeletor-02.jpg

Masterverse-Skeletor-03.jpg

masterverse-toys-social-featured.jpg

Masterverse-Skelegod-04.jpg

As cool as these look for the most part, I just don't feel like I desire them in a collection, there really isn't anything classic to them, they look to far off base for me, I also have a hard time imaging this line going very far, seems destined for 200x outcome, both show and figures, it's all too stylized. and I'm sticking to only collecting origins. I can't go for a whole other He-Man line while Im Knee deep in one, mean old Mattel

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JangDangus said:

Pixel Dan mentioned the "copy cat" incident in a recent interview. It's not stealing if they already own the IP. A blue Mickey Mouse is still Mickey Mouse. 

Who stole what?

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

As cool as these look for the most part, I just don't feel like I desire them in a collection, there really isn't anything classic to them, they look to far off base for me, I also have a hard time imaging this line going very far, seems destined for 200x outcome, both show and figures, it's all too stylized. and I'm sticking to only collecting origins. I can't go for a whole other He-Man line while Im Knee deep in one, mean old Mattel

Big differences between this and the 200x. The 200x aired on cartoon network and still was primarily developed with the idea it would be able to reach a new generation of kids and bring them to MOTU. As good as 200x was it was a bit ahead of its time and failed to achieve it's primary goal.  This time around its on NETFLIX and very much geared for adults not kids. Thats why you have the second CGI series series coming which will be much more for kids. As far as product and the longevity of this, well its hard to say. I have little doubt the show will end up being pretty popular unless Smith fails to really deliver what he's been promising for the show, but so far all indications are thats not the case. However there indications the show isn't being done for long term. Indications suggest this is being done in 2 parts and then its done. I'm sure they will leave themselves some kind of back door so that if the popularity beats expectations they can do more, but I also think its being done so in will be a complete thing. So if we only get 2 parts then who knows.

As for Masterverse, Masterverse I beleve is not just a Revelation line. Its starting off with Revelation designs and being timed with the new series, but over time I imagine we will see other variations of MOTU done in this line which can include classic, 200x, comics and so on and so fourth. The name Masterverse itself suggests an all encompassing line not just a line for the new Kevin Smith series.

Distribution at big box retailers will likely always be a problem. A new cartoon series on Netflix is enough to convince a Walmart and or Target to carry the line but like we often see probably not in any huge numbers and of course they will always want to see the main characters of He-Man and Skeletor on shelves at all time. So anyone expecting a utopia of He-Man products on shelves at Walmart and or Target, well I have some swamp land to sell you, but the good news is other than what I am sure will be some exclusives, eventually you will be able to easily pre-order the figures online, just like you can now with Origins and most other adult collectible action figure lines.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JayC said:

Big differences between this and the 200x. The 200x aired on cartoon network and still was primarily developed with the idea it would be able to reach a new generation of kids and bring them to MOTU. As good as 200x was it was a bit ahead of its time and failed to achieve it's primary goal.  This time around its on NETFLIX and very much geared for adults not kids. Thats why you have the second CGI series series coming which will be much more for kids. As far as product and the longevity of this, well its hard to say. I have little doubt the show will end up being pretty popular unless Smith fails to really deliver what he's been promising for the show, but so far all indications are thats not the case. However there indications the show isn't being done for long term. Indications suggest this is being done in 2 parts and then its done. I'm sure they will leave themselves some kind of back door so that if the popularity beats expectations they can do more, but I also think its being done so in will be a complete thing. So if we only get 2 parts then who knows.

As for Masterverse, Masterverse I beleve is not just a Revelation line. Its starting off with Revelation designs and being timed with the new series, but over time I imagine we will see other variations of MOTU done in this line which can include classic, 200x, comics and so on and so fourth. The name Masterverse itself suggests an all encompassing line not just a line for the new Kevin Smith series.

Distribution at big box retailers will likely always be a problem. A new cartoon series on Netflix is enough to convince a Walmart and or Target to carry the line but like we often see probably not in any huge numbers and of course they will always want to see the main characters of He-Man and Skeletor on shelves at all time. So anyone expecting a utopia of He-Man products on shelves at Walmart and or Target, well I have some swamp land to sell you, but the good news is other than what I am sure will be some exclusives, eventually you will be able to easily pre-order the figures online, just like you can now with Origins and most other adult collectible action figure lines.

I will continue ordering at the BigBadToyStore unless I see a particular figure popping up at my local Walmart or Target stores...