MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

• 2 weeks later...

Zavvi.com has listed for pre-order a number of new Masters of the Universe Origins figures from Mattel for pre-order. Some like Sorceress, Jitsu, Clawful, Buzz-Off, Sun-Man and Anti-Eternia He-Man we have seen listed before. A few however appear to be new which includes Horde Trooper and Stratos. Since we've already gotten Stratos we are thinking this might be some kind of variant. The Horde Trooper will likely be a white version from this years Power-Con exclusive set.

Also listed are two new deluxe figures with Terror Claw Skeletor and Flying Fist He-Man. The final new listing is a vehicle for Stridor. These are all being listed with a December 31 release date. Hopefully Mattel will get around to officially revealing these next month during Power-Con.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JayC said:

Zavvi.com has listed for pre-order a number of new Masters of the Universe Origins figures from Mattel for pre-order. Some like Sorceress, Jitsu, Clawful, Buzz-Off, Sun-Man and Anti-Eternia He-Man we have seen listed before. A few however appear to be new which includes Horde Trooper and Stratos. Since we've already gotten Stratos we are thinking this might be some kind of variant. The Horde Trooper will likely be a white version from this years Power-Con exclusive set.

Also listed are two new deluxe figures with Terror Claw Skeletor and Flying Fist He-Man. The final new listing is a vehicle for Stridor. These are all being listed with a December 31 release date. Hopefully Mattel will get around to officially revealing these next month during Power-Con.

I will preorder them when the BigBadToyStore have them at their website...😀✌️😇

New Mattel product images for the upcoming kid oriented He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe Netflix CGI Series have hit the internet giving us our first looks at Man-At-Arms as well as a Snake Attack playset. Also shown are two versions of He-Man and a Skeletor figure which we have seen before. As we have reported before the figures will cost $9.99 each. No word on the cost of this playset but we have seen listings for figure vehicle sets that will cost $19.99. No word on when this second He-Man series will premier on Netflix or when toys will hit actual shelves.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSsPS51slzo/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Thanks 1

I'll bite with a few of these.  He man gives me Snake Armor vibes and that is my favorite look for him.  Interesting take with Man at Arms...hopefully there are some guns that will go with him.  Skeletor has a nice sinister look about him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This new line is destined to be the master of the discount bin, maybe the show will have several seasons like She-Ra's reboot did but in terms of merchandise I don't see much to come, yeah I could be wrong but something is sure Origins will continue to out sell both this line and Masterverse.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

yeah I could be wrong but something is sure Origins will continue to out sell both this line and Masterverse.

Not if the only things Origins can keep stocked  are He-mans and Skeletors.  Time will tell.  I mean this would be a first if you are wrong but hey....we'll see.

Mattel still hasn't learned how to distribute waves and tends to over pack the main people.  Revelations and this line may do well for a bit based on new figs as long as Origins drowns in the main 2 clogging pegs.

Excited for wave 2 of Revelation...hopefully there will be a wave 3

I'll grab some of these new figs

You keep the hope alive for Origins.

I've pretty much dropped it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kILLMonger said:

Not if the only things Origins can keep stocked  are He-mans and Skeletors.  Time will tell.  I mean this would be a first if you are wrong but hey....we'll see.

Mattel still hasn't learned how to distribute waves and tends to over pack the main people.  Revelations and this line may do well for a bit based on new figs as long as Origins drowns in the main 2 clogging pegs.

I see everything where I'm at. I just bought the Target exclusive vac-metal Battle Armor He-Man/Battle Cat set off the shelf and I saw regular Battle Armor He-Man on the peg at a Walmart on the other side of town along with a deluxe Hordak someplace else. I've had few problems picking up most Origins in stores. All the Targets had 3 or 4 Land Sharks, so there were around 20 of those in town. They've since sold out, but it isn't hard to find this stuff around here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, hainrs said:

I see everything where I'm at. I just bought the Target exclusive vac-metal Battle Armor He-Man/Battle Cat set off the shelf and I saw regular Battle Armor He-Man on the peg at a Walmart on the other side of town along with a deluxe Hordak someplace else. I've had few problems picking up most Origins in stores. All the Targets had 3 or 4 Land Sharks, so there were around 20 of those in town. They've since sold out, but it isn't hard to find this stuff around here.

We're sitting on He Mans and Skeletors.  Target has Panthors.  Two packs barely show up (I've only seen Battle Armor He Man and a Hordak once).

5 hours ago, kILLMonger said:

It is not about distribution (wich is lazy anyway), there will simply be no strong demand, most of the MOTU fans I know are not interested in the reboot series, kids don't give a heck about MOTU (or toys in general) and the backlash caused by Kevin Smith's ideas are going to dent the acceptance of everything based on his series.

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

It is not about distribution (wich is lazy anyway), there will simply be no strong demand, most of the MOTU fans I know are not interested in the reboot series, kids don't give a heck about MOTU (or toys in general) and the backlash caused by Kevin Smith's ideas are going to dent the acceptance of everything based on his series.

Mattel just doesn't care about the common sense notion of even case packs and floods the shelves with main characters. We'll see that in Revelations and more than likely that new line.  I'm still cherry picking the ones I like.

Revelation is doing what Revelation is doing.  You dislike it (whatever)...I'm indifferent.  But the figs looks good to me...especially as a 200x fan so they have my support(as a cherry picker)

I have a few Origins and would love to find Ram Man but shelves are bare (due to Covid as well so I kinda understand) and that's on Mattel.  

You ever consider this could bring in more fans because more people see themselves represented?  That's how these toy lines will survive.  People are just over seeing all the figs look alike.

17 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

I'd rather he just keep it moving and not speak/quote/react/whatever with me period but I got you.  

Keeping it civil.

Back on topic.

Can't wait for more pics of these new Motu figs.  For 9.99 they could be nice desk fodder.

Then don't post things you know will start $#!& with him. But, I tell you what: I am strongly encouraging you to put him on ignore.

@Mr_Scary92, I also strongly encourage that you to put Killmonger on ignore. DO NOT reply to him, and do not reply to me right now.

The next one of you to reply to the other AT ALL in this thread or any thread, will not be able to post for at least a week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really want to get two minis Orko figures... I want to open one and put it on my desk.😀👌

I also wonder when the preorder will be open at the BigBadToyStore for the new origin and specially that Su-Man figure...😀👍

Mattel has released official images for their products based on the new He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe Netflix Series which will air on the streaming service starting on September 16. See the new trailer for the show here.

As you can see this new CGI based seires is made for the kids and the toys and price points reflect that as well. See images for the toys below in our GALLERY and here is the official breakdown:

He-Man and The Masters of the Universe Action Figures
Ages 4+ | SRP $9.99 | Available at Walmart 10/1
Action figure collection features iconic characters from both the good and evil sides of Eternia, so they’re great for battle action and storytelling fun.
Each articulated figure comes with an attack feature and/or projectile that fans can power themselves!

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Large Action Figure
Ages 4+ | SRP $12.99 | Available at Walmart 10/1
Inspired by the animated series, He-Man and The Masters of the Universe, the large-sized action figures in this collection are ready for battle!
This assortment features He-Man®, Skeletor® and the most powerful good and evil warriors of Eternia – great for battle action and storytelling fun.
Articulated figures stand 8.5-inches tall and can reach up to 6 inches wide! By the Power of Grayskull!

He-Man and The Masters of the Universe Vehicle Pack
Ages 4+ | SRP $19.99 | Available at Walmart 10/1
Inspired by the animated series, these He-Man and The Masters of the Universe® 5.5-in action figures are ready for battle!
This action figure collection features good and evil warriors of Eternia – paired with their iconic vehicles.
Figures are articulated, and vehicles feature rolling wheels for even more battle action and storytelling fun!
Each figure also has a spring-loaded attack feature!

MOTU Origins Large He-Man® Figure
Ages 4+ | SRP $19.99 | Available at Walmart 10/1
The design of this Deluxe He-Man® 8.5-in action figure is inspired by the animated series, He-Man and The Masters of the Universe® and includes spring-loaded attack function, so kids can create thrilling action and combat scenes.
Figure is highly posable with 5 points of articulation!
He-Man® with Power Attack comes with thrilling accessories and removeable armor for even more battle storytelling fun!

Masters of the Universe® Snake Mountain Throne Playset for MOTU
Ages 4+ | SRP $29.99 | Available at Walmart 10/1
Help He-Man end Skeletor’s evil reign and slay the Havoc Serpent! On the dark hemisphere of Eternia stands Skeletor’s fortress, Snake Mountain. Now He-Man® fans can play out thrilling scenes in the battle between good and evil with this authentic Snake Mountain Throne playset!
Inspired by the animated series, He-Man and The Masters of the Universe, set includes throne room, moveable battle platform and controllable giant Havoc Serpent. Strike the serpent enough times and the throne ejects!

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 1.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 2.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 3.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 4.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 5.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 6.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 7.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 8.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 9.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 10.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 11.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 12.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 13.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 14.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 15.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 16.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 17.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 18.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 19.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 20.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 21.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 22.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 23.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 24.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 25.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 26.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 27.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 28.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 29.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 30.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 31.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 32.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 33.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 34.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe 35.jpg

Mattel-He-Man-And-The-Masters-Of-The-Universe.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just saw the lil kiddies masters trailer. Definitely captures a Disney Pixar type of feel.

I imagined Prince Adam from Revelations at the end in a dream like state and that was his dream! 

Crazy to imagine 3 motu toylines all in one toy aisle. I will definitely need to take pics of that to look back on! 

• Thanks 1

As an adult fan I just can't say that I'm interested, the designs seem weird to me, except for MAA although it looks like a scifi generic alien character, ok I'm not the target audience for this line, we'll see what children think but honestly I would still have to see a child interested in MOTU since the only ones I've seen looking for the figures are adults only.

14 minutes ago, ChrisMOTUFAN said:

Crazy to imagine 3 motu toylines all in one toy aisle. I will definitely need to take pics of that to look back on! 

Although, I think, it would be more interesting to see which one out of those 3 lines stays warming up the pegs after some time.

• Thanks 1

This new show is definitely..... something. I was kind of hoping this would give revelations a run for its money but I just dont see it happening. It kind of reminds me of what they did to the Reboot show from the 90s where it just went in such a different direction, it was very off putting. But as stated before, im definitely not the target audience even tho I do enjoy some kids cartoons more than I would expect. 

• Thanks 1