MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

Typo...its $29.99 but still overpriced. First its a Mattel figure not even on par with at least hasbro so its not worth $30 especially since Mattel has the reputation of offering the cheapest looking figures in retail stores. Second, all they did was spread the accessories apart to make it seem deluxe. Strangely enough, its the best looking Faker figure for my taste so I'm in for this. BUT...I'm REALLY cherry picking and going to be REALLY critical of this line in regards to determining if that version is worth picking up if Mattel is going to price regular sized figures at deluxe prices.

• Thanks 1

Earlier today we told you about the new Masters of the Universe Masterverse Revelation Deluxe Faker figure that had been listed on the Walmart website. Well it looks like Faker isn't the only unannounced figure that has shown up there. There is also a listing for a new He-Man Deluxe figure. No images for that one so we have no idea what makes it a deluxe figure or how it will differ from the regular He-Man figure. We did get a glimpse of what appeared to be a Masterverse Oo-Lar figure last month on Amazon, so I suppose it's possible that is what this listing is for.

Beyond that Walmart has listed the Deluxe Skelegod figure and Battle Cat, neither of which are yet available for purchase. Both of those are currently showing up at Target stores.

And then finally there is a listing for Masters Of The Universe Masterverse 7-In Battle Figures which we assume is just a place holder for the first wave of regular figures which will include He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn and Moss Man. Those are already hitting physical Walmart stores now but not yet been made available for purchase online.

Mattel has said that Skelegod and Battle Cat will be available first at Target with the regular He-Man, Skeletor, Evil Lyn and Moss Man going to Walmart first. Everyone else will be able to offer these by August. As for Faker, and the Deluxe He-Man, we don't know when or where we might see those first since Mattel has yet to officially announce them.
  • Thanks 1

THANKS FOR THE MOTU UPDATES JAYC! YOU'RE MY FAVORITE TOY NEWS/YouTube toy guy. Been using your site for the news for decades!

I wonder if that mystery heman deluxe will be Battle Armor. So crazy how Faker isn't worth $29.99 but damn that version definitely interests me. I feel like the origins line might end soon. Targets all around me have decreased their origins orders because its peg warming and the skysled is flooding shelf space even at the discounted price. So I'm wondering if masterverse will also just last a couple of years as well which is another reason why ill buy a $30 faker as I don't mind getting whatever figs I like are released from a possibly short lived motu line.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChrisMOTUFAN said:

THANKS FOR THE MOTU UPDATES JAYC! YOU'RE MY FAVORITE TOY NEWS/YouTube toy guy. Been using your site for the news for decades!

I wonder if that mystery heman deluxe will be Battle Armor. So crazy how Faker isn't worth $29.99 but damn that version definitely interests me. I feel like the origins line might end soon. Targets all around me have decreased their origins orders because its peg warming and the skysled is flooding shelf space even at the discounted price. So I'm wondering if masterverse will also just last a couple of years as well which is another reason why ill buy a $30 faker as I don't mind getting whatever figs I like are released from a possibly short lived motu line.

I think that version is worth the money... Many MOTU fans will buy it including me.😀✌️

Thaaaaaat is looking badass. Wow. I really wanted to resist this line. They are making it reallly hard. The small heads aren’t even phasing me that much now. It’s the regular He-man head sculpt that still bother me(too cutesy), but, we know there are going to be plenty more versions with head sculpts I’ll probably like. The show trailer is looking sweet. Yipes I think they got me. All these figs will be on BBTS soon too? If so, damn they got me. 

• Thanks 1

Whoa Destro is secretly Faker? 😆 , yeah it's cool but It's not blue so it weirds me out, yeah I know if Faker was really trying to fake people out, it's a dead give away if he's blue, so this seems more accurate to a real world scenario, but the Blue is so iconic, and that was the fun of it...how was anyone convinced of him being he-man if he was blue..if my buddy showed up at my house and he was blue I'd be like...uh no you must be a faker!

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 7:47 PM, JayC said:
Shown below is our first look at the upcoming Masters of the Universe Masterverse Revelation Deluxe Faker figure coming from Mattel. This figure is being released as a Deluxe figure and currently listed on the Walmart website, though not yet available for purchase. The cost is $29.99. The new Kevin Smith Masters of the Universe Revelation animated series will premier on Netflix on July 23rd, 2021.

Thanks to Keenan for the heads up.

Masterverse-Deluxe-Faker-01.jpg

Masterverse-Deluxe-Faker-02.jpg

Masterverse-Deluxe-Faker-03.jpg

Masterverse-Deluxe-Faker-04.jpg

Masterverse-Deluxe-Faker-05.jpg

I got turned off by the size of He-man's head but here the shiny, steely head seems to fit the mold for a robot. I actually like this more than the Masterverse He-man and Skeletor. Still deciding which to get.

• Thanks 1

Our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com has both wave 1 and 2 of the new Master Of The Universe Revelation Masterverse figures from Mattel available for pre-order.

Wave 1 includes He-Man, Skeletor, Evil Lyn and Moss Man

Wave 2 includes Beast Man, Spikor, Man-At-Arms and Teela

BBTS says they will have wave 1 in hand this month and wave 2 in September.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JayC said:
Our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com has both wave 1 and 2 of the new Master Of The Universe Revelation Masterverse figures from Mattel available for pre-order.

Wave 1 includes He-Man, Skeletor, Evil Lyn and Moss Man

Wave 2 includes Beast Man, Spikor, Man-At-Arms and Teela

BBTS says they will have wave 1 in hand this month and wave 2 in September.

Oh nice... I may go that route if I don't see anything around here in at the stores...😀👍

Looks like Mattel has yet another Deluxe figure planned for their new Masters of the Universe Revelation Masterverse line. Earlier this week we told you about the upcoming Deluxe Faker and Deluxe He-Man figures, and now we have another listing found on the Walmart website for a Deluxe Tri-Klops figure. The listing actual reads as Triclops, so I don't know if that is a typo of the characters name or a deliberate spelling.

Counting the already released Deluxe Skelegod figure, this would make for the fourth Deluxe figure being released in the line so far. Fifth if you also want to count Battle Cat which is technically listed as a deluxe figure though I don't really consider him a regular figure. Like the other Deluxe figures, this new Tri-Klops figure is being listed with a $29.99 price.

Since Walmart doesn't have any images posted for Tri-Klops yet, we can only speculate that perhaps the figure will be sporting the weird cult like garb he is seen wearing in the most recent trailer for the upcoming Revelation Netflix series. Of course only time will tell.

Masterverse-Deluxe-Tri-Klops.jpg

• Thanks 1

Looks like ole Tri-Clops got a pretty significant overhaul. But I guess that's the entire point of a "Masterverse" where they can basically pull any version of a character or alternate version of a character and turn it into action figure goodness. It's good for the longevity of a toy line. That is assuming Mattel can manage to avoid the same mistake of packing He-Man, Skeletor, and now Teela (I guess) at a rate of 4 to 1 over any new characters, which is what ruined the 200X line. From the looks of the way the Origins line is being distributed I'm not gonna hold my breath.

This is such a hard line not to get into, but I'm gonna have to resist picking it up. Had it been in scale with at least the MOTUC line I woulda been sold.

• Thanks 1

Shown below are two new Masters of the Universe Minis sets form Mattel which are based on the upcoming Kevin Smith Netflix Revelation series. They are doing Fisto and Stridor as well as Beast Man and War Sled. Both sets are available for pre-order from Entertainment Earth.

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-01.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-02.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-03.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-04.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-05.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-06.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-08.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-09.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-10.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-11.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-12.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-13.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-14.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Revelation-Minis-15.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Satam said:

Faker is legit. I find the "Only at Target" a bit confusing, because there's a listing on Walmart.com https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-of-the-Universe-Masterverse-Deluxe-Faker/400431611

Yeah I am trying to get clarification on that. Sometimes companies make it seem like its an exclusive when its really only first dibs. Of course Walmart may have also just listed it in error. Also trying to see if I can find a DPCI# for it if it is in fact gonna be a Target exclusive.

• Thanks 1

Talking about exclusives. Tonight I went to.y local Target and saw like 12 packs of the rise of evi in the MOTU aile a also saw like 8 more in the front next to the new Netflix battle cat and super powers Skeletor...  😀✌️

2 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Talking about exclusives. Tonight I went to.y local Target and saw like 12 packs of the rise of evi in the MOTU aile a also saw like 8 more in the front next to the new Netflix battle cat and super powers Skeletor...  😀✌️

Yea there are quite a few at my closest target as well. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LordVenger said:

Yea there are quite a few at my closest target as well. 

I really think this are changing on regards of the distribution since the release date of the new show on Netflix is coming very soon...😀✌️

Earlier this week we showed you images for a new Masters Of The Universe Revelation Masterverse Deluxe Faker figure coming from Mattel. Late yesterday Mattel released an image of the figure on social media telling people that they would be able to find the figure at Target stores this Fall. They didn't use the word "exclusive" in the text message they posted with the image, but they do have "Only at Target" at the bottom of the image they posted. This of course has led many to assume the figure will be a Target exclusive, which it may be. I am still trying to get that 100% confirmed by someone at Mattel , but probably won't get that answer until next week sometime. The reason why I have some doubts that this figure will only be released at Target is because we actually got first wind of this figure due to a listing found on Walmart's website.

Mattel telling people on social media to find it at Target may simply mean that Target is getting first dibs on releasing it like we've seen with Battle Cat and Skelegod, which eventually will be available everywhere. It's also possible Walmart simply listed the figure in error, so until someone at Mattel equivalently says this figure is only going to be sold at Target, we will just have to put that question on hold for now.

What I can tell you now however is the Target DPCI# for Faker which is 087-16-5294. The cost is $29.99 like we have been seeing with all the Deluxe figures in the line, and based on the Target system it looks like the figure will start hitting stores by end of month. The store I checked with is showing it arriving on 7/22. Now that arrival date can vary some from store to store, so every store might not get it on the 22nd, but unless something changes in the next few weeks, stores will likely have it at least in their back room by end of this month or early next month. I also don't know why the Target system lists the figure as "Trade Up Faker (see images below). Maybe that some kind of generic reference for it being a larger deluxe figure, but I don't think that's terribly relevant one way or the other.

I am still not 100% convinced long-term Target will be the only place to carry this figure, but it is very much looking like they will be the first to have it. If or when I hear anything back from Mattel clarifying the exclusiveness of this one, I will be sure to let you all know.

MasterVerse-Target-00.jpg

Masterverse-Target-01.jpg

Masterverse-Target-02.jpg

• Thanks 1

Overseas etailer Pixelatoy.com has listed for pre-order a number of new Masters of the Universe Origins and Masterverse figures from Mattel. No images were included with the listings at this time and these have not been officially confirmed. In other words we suggest you treat these as rumor until we learn more. Here is what they list:

Masters of the Universe Origins
-Mini-Comic Trap Jaw
-Clawfull
-Mini-Comic Stratos
-Horde Terror
-Anti-Eternia He-Man
-Sorceress
-Sun-Man
-Jitsu
-Buzz-Off
-Battle Damage Multipack

Masters of the Universe Revelation Masterverse
-Viking He-Man
-Barbarian Skeletor
-Stinkor
-Fisto
-Scare Glow (which seems to have a normal figure price and not a deluxe one)
-He-Man Savage
-Tri-Klops Deluxe (Which we've seen also listed on Walmart's website)
-Deluxe Trap Jaw
-Man-At-Arms
-Teela
-Beast Man
-Spikor

MOTU-Logo.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1