MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

I love the look of these, but from what I've been able to see on the shelves in both this line and the Origins line it's following the same ol' Mattel tried and failed structure, droves of He-Man and Skeletor on the pegs and all the "other" characters flying off the shelves faster than they can be stocked. I swear, a lot of these old stuffed shirts and their "put a new hat on Barbie" game plan need to step down for a more modern sales structure. They are capable because, not sure how many of you follow the line, but the Masters of WWE Universe seems to have a solid distribution structure. They all seem to be evenly packed and though some of the figures organically become HTF, none of them seem to be over packed over others. I just don't understand why they keep going back to the same failed structure with Masters of the Universe. It always turns out the same. They come blasting out of the gate to a strong reception then it just stops cuz no one can find the new figures they actually want. I'm afraid if I allow myself to get into this line I will invest all kinds of time and money into it only to see it prematurely cancelled before they get to a buncha the figures a lot of us want.

5 hours ago, Zerzar999 said:

I love the look of these, but from what I've been able to see on the shelves in both this line and the Origins line it's following the same ol' Mattel tried and failed structure, droves of He-Man and Skeletor on the pegs and all the "other" characters flying off the shelves faster than they can be stocked. I swear, a lot of these old stuffed shirts and their "put a new hat on Barbie" game plan need to step down for a more modern sales structure. 

While I understand this point of view for Origins, I'm not sure how it applies for Masterverse? So far there's been only one He-Man figure, and two (very different) Skeletors. Personally He-Man was the second hardest to find for me behind Evil-Lyn. 

But aside from SkeleGod, every single character in the first 3 waves is unique and evenly packed.

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2021 at 12:53 PM, glhshelby said:

While I understand this point of view for Origins, I'm not sure how it applies for Masterverse? So far there's been only one He-Man figure, and two (very different) Skeletors. Personally He-Man was the second hardest to find for me behind Evil-Lyn. 

But aside from SkeleGod, every single character in the first 3 waves is unique and evenly packed.

Well, I wish that was the case where I live. I'm sure there are some regional factors that affect the way the figures are present on the shelves, but the few times I've seen the Masterverse figures at my local Target, which is the only place I've ever seen them, there were at least 3 each He-Man and Skeletor, 1 Moss Man and 0 Evil-Lyn, of course not counting a few Skelegod and Battle Cat.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday we told you how Sun-Man was coming to the Masters of the Universe Origins line. Well now we have our first official images for the figure. While details are lite at the moment it looks like at least this version of the figure is getting his own unique packaging which makes since being the character was originally created by a different company called Olmec Toys. The figure has two headsculpts, his shield and fire staff.

What's not entirely clear is whether this is some kind of special-edition figure being released and there will be a regular figure in Origins packaging released, and/or whether Sun-Man is getting his own sub-line from Mattel since Olmec had made other characters for the property back in the 80s. I am sure more details will be made available later today during Power-Con. Look for the Mattel panel which will be streamed online to begin at 1:30 PM ET which will will have coverage of right here on TNI.

Sun-Man-01.jpg

Sun-Man-02.jpg

Sun-Man-03.jpg

Sun-Man-04.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I can see more figures coming by looking at the art on the right side of it...😉✌️

I don't think that guarantees more figures coming but certainly think it's possible.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We saw this the other week during Power-Con but now we have official images for the upcoming Masters of the Universe Origins Stridor which come via Amazon Canada. While the figure is listed on the website it is not yet available for purchase. Stridor comes with two different head pieces, blast effects, 2 cannons and a base that will go with the Castle Grayskull playset

Stridor-01.jpg

Stridor-02.jpg

Stridor-03.jpg

Stridor-04.jpg

Stridor-05.jpg

Stridor-06.jpg

• Thanks 1

While we got our first looks at this wave the other week during Power-Con, Mattel has yet to release any hi-res official images for their 7th wave of Masters of the Universe Origins figures. Never-the-less new in-hand images of the wave have surfaced online. These are from Singapore and come via Shaun W. The wave includes Buzz-Off, Jitsu, Sorceress and Stratos (1st appearance mini-comic). This wave is avaiable for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Origins-Wave-7-01.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Origins-Wave-7-02.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Origins-Wave-7-03.jpg

Masters-Of-The-Universe-Origins-Wave-7-04.jpg

• Thanks 1

Geez the fun factor on this line is jus set to an 11.  They look great.  I just picked up a complete vintage Stridor at a swap for a very good price, but I think I might need the new one too.  

Caucasian Stratos just looks strange to me, I can't wait to get him!

• Thanks 1

Shown below via Carro the Bunny Magus are more in-hand images of Mattel's 7th wave of Masters of the Universe Origins figures which includes Buzz-Off, Jitsu, Sorceress and Stratos (1st appearance mini-comic). With these images we get a look at the figures as well as the back of the cardbacks. The figures have started seeing release in Singapore. This wave is available for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-04.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-05.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-06.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-07.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-08.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JayC said:

Shown below via Carro the Bunny Magus are more in-hand images of Mattel's 7th wave of Masters of the Universe Origins figures which includes Buzz-Off, Jitsu, Sorceress and Stratos (1st appearance mini-comic). With these images we get a look at the figures as well as the back of the cardbacks. The figures have started seeing release in Singapore. This wave is available for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-04.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-05.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-06.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-07.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Wave-7-08.jpg

I like the figures. I'm not a fan of the comic Stratos but all the other ones look awesome 👍😎

I will pre order them...😀✌️

Shown here are the official images for Mattel's 7th wave of Masters of the Universe Origins figures which are available for pre-order at our sponsor EntertainmentEarth. See direct links below.

Masters of the Universe Origins Sorceress

Masters of the Universe Origins Buzz-Off

Masters of the Universe Origins Jitsu

Masters of the Universe Origins Stratos

See the new images below.

00.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-01.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-02.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-03.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-04.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-05.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-06.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-07.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-08.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-09.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-10.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-11.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-12.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-13.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-14.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-15.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-16.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-17.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-18.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-19.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-20.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-21.jpg

Origins-Wave-07-22.jpg

• Thanks 1

We saw these at Power-Con last month and now they are available for pre-order at our sponsor EntertainmentEarth. It's the new Masters of the Universe Origins Deluxe Terror Claw Skeletor & Flying Fist He-Man figures from Mattel. See direct links below.

Masters of the Universe Origins Flying Fist He-Man

Masters of the Universe Origins Terror Claw Skeletor

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JayC said:

We saw these at Power-Con last month and now they are available for pre-order at our sponsor EntertainmentEarth. It's the new Masters of the Universe Origins Deluxe Terror Claw Skeletor & Flying Fist He-Man figures from Mattel. See direct links below.

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

They really good. I'm glad that I'm able to get all these figures that I never got in the 80s...😎

• 4 weeks later...

We first saw these announced by Mattel at Power-Con last month, but now they have released a full gallery of images for their new Masters of the Universe Origins Deluxe Terror Claw Skeletor & Flying Fist He-Man figures. Check out the images below. Look for them to be released in February. You can pre-order them now from our sponsor EntertainmentEarth. Check out links below:

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-04.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-05.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-06.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-07.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-08.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-09.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-10.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-11.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-12.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-13.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-14.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Deluxe-Wave-3-15.jpg

• Thanks 1

Lol, that Skeletor in his purple crop top sure gets those memories flowing. Back then I was mowing lawns to make money to support my He-Man and then Transformers habit. Back then the figures were barely $5 and I really don't remember having to pay a premium for figures like FF He-Man or TC Skeletor, but I may be wrong.

On a separate note, does anyone else remember that the re-issues of characters like He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Teela, Skeletor, Beast Man and Stratos came in a single clear bag similar to a bread bag and were significantly marked down (maybe like $3.50)? I had missed out on the first wave of figures, cuz I think it's break-out success caught many people by surprise. The closest retail store was literally within walking distance from my house (TG&Y) at the time and I found them in a wire bin on the bottom shelf. Totally new, no cardboard, no blister, just a plain clear bag with a bread bag type twist on the top. It might as well have been a pot of gold. I bought all but Zodac just because I didn't have enough money and I regretted it at the time. I ended up finding him later on a trip to the West Coast and my parents fronted the money to get it.

And before anyone calls me out, yes it was not uncommon for an 9 year old to walk to the store or even be sent to the grocery store by their mom in those days. There were a couple of creeps, some bullies and one time my bike got stolen while I was in the store, but it was a different time. Wow, things have really gone off a cliff since then.

7 hours ago, Zerzar999 said:

Lol, that Skeletor in his purple crop top sure gets those memories flowing. Back then I was mowing lawns to make money to support my He-Man and then Transformers habit. Back then the figures were barely $5 and I really don't remember having to pay a premium for figures like FF He-Man or TC Skeletor, but I may be wrong.

On a separate note, does anyone else remember that the re-issues of characters like He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Teela, Skeletor, Beast Man and Stratos came in a single clear bag similar to a bread bag and were significantly marked down (maybe like $3.50)? I had missed out on the first wave of figures, cuz I think it's break-out success caught many people by surprise. The closest retail store was literally within walking distance from my house (TG&Y) at the time and I found them in a wire bin on the bottom shelf. Totally new, no cardboard, no blister, just a plain clear bag with a bread bag type twist on the top. It might as well have been a pot of gold. I bought all but Zodac just because I didn't have enough money and I regretted it at the time. I ended up finding him later on a trip to the West Coast and my parents fronted the money to get it.

And before anyone calls me out, yes it was not uncommon for an 9 year old to walk to the store or even be sent to the grocery store by their mom in those days. There were a couple of creeps, some bullies and one time my bike got stolen while I was in the store, but it was a different time. Wow, things have really gone off a cliff since then.

No I don’t remember ever seeing any motu is clear bags. 

• Thanks 1