MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

8 hours ago, JayC said:

Actress Sarah Michelle Gellar who voices Teela in the new Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix animated series today posted up on social media a picture of herself holding up the new Masters of the Universe Revelation Masterverse Teela figure from Mattel giving us our first look at it. We also see on the back of the cardback for the first time a glimpse at the Man-At-Arms, Spikor and Beast Man figures. Part one of Revelation which contains 5 episodes premiers tomorrow (7/23) on the streaming service.

Masterverse-Teela.jpg

Masterverse-Teela1.jpg

Looks MYP-ish Teela... If the facial printing's as good or somewhat close to its earlier predecessors, consider my BBTS pre-order a done deal!

• Thanks 1

Just finished watching show and it isn't bad but it's nowhere close to the level of Invincible, if anything it seems very non Kevin Smith, I don't mind Teela being new hero, especially when He-man's charisma is non existent, but they didn't make her as compelling as she could be, generally character development is kinda there on the surface but not really, I don't think that it's good sign when most interesting characters in the show are Evil-Lyn, Orko and Cringer. It's definitely watchable but I dunno if that makes me care for next season or next remaining episodes. 

• Thanks 1

I want this line to continue and do well. So keep in mind this is where this following criticism is coming from:

Is this set really a smart move? Shelves are already full of He-Mans and Battlecats. Sure its a different shinier He-Man but I can only picture this set peg warming and for the line to thrive we need movers! At least it's an exclusive. So it'll only clog one chain. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RoddyDrama said:

I want this line to continue and do well. So keep in mind this is where this following criticism is coming from:

Is this set really a smart move? Shelves are already full of He-Mans and Battlecats. Sure its a different shinier He-Man but I can only picture this set peg warming and for the line to thrive we need movers! At least it's an exclusive. So it'll only clog one chain. 

Well its a store exclusive so I think it will probably fair well.

• Thanks 1

We have found some interesting listings in the Target system for Masters of the Universe Origins Movie He-Man and Skeletor figures. We are making an assumption that these would be figures based on the 1987 live-action movie that featured Dolph Lundgren as He-Man and Frank Langella as Skeletor. These figures seem to share the same DPCI# as the other regular figures in the line. When we learn more details about these we will be sure to pass the info on to you.

mas.jpg

Origins-Movie-01 1.jpg

Origins-Movie-02 1.jpg

• Thanks 1

I'm very interested in what these Origins Movie figures look like, I'll most likely get them. Super7 did an absolutely fantastic job with the movie He-man, Skeletor and God Skeletor in the Classics line so interested to see what these will look like.

Surprised Mattel will do movie figures since I thought they were not allowed to do figures based on the movie.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JayC said:

We have found some interesting listings in the Target system for Masters of the Universe Origins Movie He-Man and Skeletor figures. We are making an assumption that these would be figures based on the 1987 live-action movie that featured Dolph Lundgren as He-Man and Frank Langella as Skeletor. These figures seem to share the same DPCI# as the other regular figures in the line. When we learn more details about these we will be sure to pass the info on to you.

mas.jpg

Origins-Movie-01 1.jpg

Origins-Movie-02 1.jpg

Wow... That's awesome 😎👍

I hope many fans thanks Super 7 for them changing the toy industry by bringing back MOTU to the fans instead of bashing them for what ever they dislike. If it was not Super 7, Mattel not even move a finger to bring back MOTU... They saw the sales and fandom and they decided to cash the caw.

7 hours ago, 80sboy4 said:

I'm very interested in what these Origins Movie figures look like, I'll most likely get them. Super7 did an absolutely fantastic job with the movie He-man, Skeletor and God Skeletor in the Classics line so interested to see what these will look like.

Surprised Mattel will do movie figures since I thought they were not allowed to do figures based on the movie.

Super 7 showed the way by going to the artist...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Super 7 showed the way by going to the artist...

I have to wonder assuming these are based on the 80 movie that if because they are Origins and likely wouldn't have headsculpts that look that much like the actors would allow them essentially circumvent any kind of likeness rights issues that might have prevented them doing them before with a line like Classics?

• Thanks 1

Back in May we saw some images leak out for a couple of the figures in Mattel's line of Masters of the Universe products based on the second Netflix animated series that will be CGI and made more for the kids. That series will be called He-Man And The Masters of the Universe.

Well now we have found some listings in the Target system which may be for this new line. They are simply listed as Masters of the Universe Animated. There are core figures that will cost $9.99 each and then we found some figure and vehicle sets that are $19.99. We can't say with 100% certainty these listings are for figures based on the new series, but that seems the most likely bet at this time.

The DPCI# for the core figures are 087-16-7074 and for the figure and vehicle sets the DPCI# is 087-16-5498.

Even if these aren't based on the new Netflix CGI series by some chance, based on the prices this has to be some kind of kids line. So far we have only seen listings for He-Man and Skeletor and no idea what kind of vehicles they will come with. It's possible the leaked images from May showed us the core He-Man and core Skeletor figures

. No release date on these were listed at this time.

MOTU-Animated-01 1.jpg

MOTU-Animated-02 1.jpg

MOTU-Animated-03 1.jpg

MOTU-Animated-04 1.jpg

• Thanks 1

There was rumor that Netflix was going to make a new animated MOTU series before Kevin Smith announced his series.  I believe it was around when that weird-ass She-Ra series came out...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

There was rumor that Netflix was going to make a new animated MOTU series before Kevin Smith announced his series.  I believe it was around when that weird-ass She-Ra series came out...

no rumor, there is a second animated series for MOTU coming to Netflix which will be done with CGI and made more for the kids.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:

no rumor, there is a second animated series for MOTU coming to Netflix which will be done with CGI and made more for the kids.

Yea... I remember now...

Netflix and Mattel Television are producing an original animated adventure series, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.  The CG animated series will reimagine the Masters of the Universe classic tale with all-new storylines and a fresh take on the iconic characters.

This marks the second collaboration between Netflix and Mattel Television, joining the previously announced 2D anime series Masters of the Universe: Revelation with Kevin Smith.

Logline: On the planet of Eternia, a young lost prince discovers the powers of Grayskull and transforms into He-Man, Master of the Universe! The classic battle between He-Man and evil Skeletor rages to new heights as both hero and villain forge new and mighty teams. A new generation of heroes fighting for the fate of us all. In the end, who will become MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE?

The series is being produced by Mattel Television with Adam Bonnett (Descendants), Christopher Keenan (Justice League, Batman Beyond), and Rob David (Masters of the Universe: Revelation, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) serving as executive producers. The series was developed for television by Rob David.

Emmy-winning producer and designer Jeff Matsuda (The Batman, TMNT) and Susan Corbin (Voltron) will also produce.

Bryan Q. Miller (Arrow, Smallville, Sleepy Hollow) will serve as story editor on the series.

Animation services are being provided by House of Cool and CGCG (Trollhunters).

“Masters of the Universe is one of the most iconic global franchises of all time, with a 30-year history and a passionate fan base. The entire team at Mattel is excited to introduce the world of He-Man to a new generation and, together with the talented team at Netflix, to reimagine the classic characters in a way that appeals to kids and families today, while also resonating with the fans who grew up with them.” - Fred Soulie, Senior Vice President of Content Distribution and Business Development, Mattel.

Mattel’s (NASDAQ: MAT) reboot of the classic Masters of the Universe franchise also includes a comic book series by DC Comics (available now), reimagined versions of the 80s toys (hitting retail shelves in the fall of 2020), and a feature film.

he_man_and_the_masters_of_the_universe_ver2_xlg.jpg

he_man_and_the_masters_of_the_universe_xlg.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Great and I will watch it too to see what is all about... I may get some figures for my nephew...😎👍

On 7/17/2021 at 10:39 AM, JayC said:

Overseas etailer Pixelatoy.com has listed for pre-order a number of new Masters of the Universe Origins and Masterverse figures from Mattel. No images were included with the listings at this time and these have not been officially confirmed. In other words we suggest you treat these as rumor until we learn more. Here is what they list:

Masters of the Universe Origins
-Mini-Comic Trap Jaw
-Clawfull
-Mini-Comic Stratos
-Horde Terror
-Anti-Eternia He-Man
-Sorceress
-Sun-Man
-Jitsu
-Buzz-Off
-Battle Damage Multipack

Masters of the Universe Revelation Masterverse
-Viking He-Man
-Barbarian Skeletor
-Stinkor
-Fisto
-Scare Glow (which seems to have a normal figure price and not a deluxe one)
-He-Man Savage
-Tri-Klops Deluxe (Which we've seen also listed on Walmart's website)
-Deluxe Trap Jaw
-Man-At-Arms
-Teela
-Beast Man
-Spikor

MOTU-Logo.jpg

After watching the first episodes, no we about these figures coming up...😀✌️

Finally, I'm tired of searching the same old WM's for all my Origins figures. After what Kevin Smith did with Masters of the Universe my only interest is in the Origins line. I was fortunate enough to get Man-E-Faces, Scareglow, Trap-Jaw and Orko (RIP), but that's cuz I was literally there when they put them out. And for any of you wondering what the crate ratio is on these guys, it's the same old Mattel BS, 1 "other" character to every 3 (or even 4) He-Man or Skeletor in each wave. At least they've changed it to including only He-Man or Skeletor per wave instead of both (I think). Still, that's not saying much. Get 'em while you can guys, cuz from the looks of things they're headed in the same direction as He-Man 200X.

Mattel has released final package images for their next wave of Masters Of The Universe Origins figures which will include Stinkor, Webstor, Eternian Goddess And Beast Man (Lord of Power). You can pre-order these at Entertainment Earth. See links below.

Masters of the Universe Origins Stinkor

Masters of the Universe Origins Webstor

Masters of the Universe Origins Eternian Goddess

Masters of the Universe Origins LoP Beast Man

00.jpg

MOTUO-Beast-Man-LOP-01.jpg

MOTUO-Beast-Man-LOP-02.jpg

MOTUO-Beast-Man-LOP-03.jpg

MOTUO-Beast-Man-LOP-04.jpg

MOTUO-Beast-Man-LOP-05.jpg

MOTUO-Eternian-Goddess-01.jpg

MOTUO-Eternian-Goddess-02.jpg