MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

I don't mind her look of the figure and I'll pick one up. So far, I like the new looks and I'm collecting this and the Origins line at the same time, so I'll always have my original designs (mostly) to enjoy. If they ever do a classic Teela, I'll make this one an Amazon for my Dc Shelf. :)

I'm looking forward to the show...the Bashasaurus is in it!!!! (probably brief I'm sure)

6 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Ok, If you say so, I respect that.

Tom boy isnt really very accurate for either version, but the new one looks much more realistic to someone who would be a bad ass Captain Of The Guard trained fighter. The hairstyle of the original with that hair in a  bun look always struck me as someone going to a formal dinner party or such.

Untitled.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JayC said:

Tom boy isnt really very accurate for either version, but the new one looks much more realistic to someone who would be a bad ass Captain Of The Guard trained fighter. The hairstyle of the original with that hair in a  bun look always struck me as someone going to a formal dinner party or such.

Untitled.jpg

And I guess if you really think about who Teela is, her being a "Tom Boy" raised by only a father who is Man At Arms, is probably how she would be in real life. So not sure what that would be a bad thing???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m very curious about the show, and it seems it’s gonna make all older fans angry and understandably so, according to ign it’s basically tellas show where prince Adam takes secondary role or no role at all if we listen to Randolph review , but for me personally since I don’t particularly like he man or masters it will be a least interesting to see how they do it, be it fail, success or more likely mediocrity  that doesn’t appeal to anyone. 

8 minutes ago, JayC said:

Untitled.jpg

Well, I get your point but really even though she was captain of the guard, she was easily defeated and ended up being in trouble or captured in 9 out of every 10 episodes. She was really more of a damsel in distress for heman. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LordVenger said:

Well, I get your point but really even though she was captain of the guard, she was easily defeated and ended up being in trouble or captured in 9 out of every 10 episodes. She was really more of a damsel in distress for heman. 

And I think the new cartoon is going to work to correct that.  She looks bad @$$ and more like someone trained/raised by a combat vet.  There is femininity and a realism of how someone raised in combat would look.  Now she won't be that damsel in distress...which is something that is dated.    I am liking the direction they are going.  I'll grab her and the other female especially.  Hopefully King Grayskull will show up in fig form as well

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LordVenger said:

There's definitely a time jump in the show. Things change. People change.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

And I think the new cartoon is going to work to correct that.  She looks bad @$$ and more like someone trained/raised by a combat vet.  There is femininity and a realism of how someone raised in combat would look.  Now she won't be that damsel in distress...which is something that is dated.    I am liking the direction they are going.  I'll grab her and the other female especially.  Hopefully King Grayskull will show up in fig form as well

Yea. Never really made a lot of sense that she was the captain but then make her practically useless. 

12 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

I’m very curious about the show, and it seems it’s gonna make all older fans angry and understandably so, according to ign it’s basically tellas show where prince Adam takes secondary role or no role at all if we listen to Randolph review , but for me personally since I don’t particularly like he man or masters it will be a least interesting to see how they do it, be it fail, success or more likely mediocrity  that doesn’t appeal to anyone. 

I read the IGN review, but I fail to understand how Teela having a lead role would make a MOTU fan angry, assuming the overall story is good. I could give a rats ass which character(s) get the most screen time as long as the overall story is good and makes sense. This is part one of a two part overall story, unlike the original series which was for the most part individual episodes where He-Man saves the day at the end of each one. Im not gonna spend time defending the show until I see it for myself to know if its good or not, but those getting hung up on Teela without having seen the series just seems ridiculous to me. If we end up getting a crappy story then thats a whole different ball game but I've not seen anything so far that would suggest that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayC said:

I read the IGN review, but I fail to understand how Teela having a lead role would make a MOTU fan angry, assuming the overall story is good. I could give a rats ass which character(s) get the most screen time as long as the overall story is good and makes sense. This is part one of a two part overall story, unlike the original series which was for the most part individual episodes where He-Man saves the day at the end of each one. Im not gonna spend time defending the show until I see it for myself to know if its good or not, but those getting hung up on Teela without having seen the series just seems ridiculous to me. If we end up getting a crappy story then thats a whole different ball game but I've not seen anything so far that would suggest that.

I agree totally. Can we just see at least the first episode before everyone gets bent. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Actress Sarah Michelle Gellar who voices Teela in the new Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix animated series today posted up on social media a picture of herself holding up the new Masters of the Universe Revelation Masterverse Teela figure from Mattel giving us our first look at it. We also see on the back of the cardback for the first time a glimpse at the Man-At-Arms, Spikor and Beast Man figures. Part one of Revelation which contains 5 episodes premiers tomorrow (7/23) on the streaming service.

Masterverse-Teela.jpg

Masterverse-Teela1.jpg

Nice... More figures for my collection. Awesome 👍😀

With the various design changes and tonal changes of the characters as shown in the toys and 2nd trailer, part of me is wondering why Kevin Smith decided on doing a sequel to the original show and not just create a whole new continuity. 

But I'm looking at the new show from its tone and not what it represents. If the original show had the same tone in its character depictions and action, then it would sync up perfectly. 

I'm very excited for the new show and what it brings. It looks cool. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChrisMOTUFAN said:

Was hoping for alternate teela heads. Its only the Half Shaved teela look. MEH...Canceled my Teela preorder.  Haslab Galactus is killing my wallet so I'm actually grateful for her shaved head.

Hey, if it's a choice between the mighty Galactus or generic JRPG look Teela with new strong female haircut, I would say you made the right choice. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

Hey, if it's a choice between the mighty Galactus or generic JRPG look Teela with new strong female haircut, I would say you make the right choice. 

Lol lol I suppose so.  I really love the first four revelations figs. Pretty excited to get revelations stinkor and fisto!! Hoping stinkor has sculpted stink gas cloud attachments...that'd be so awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Netflix conducted and posted an interview with Sarah Michelle Gellar and her voicing Teela for the new series...

Given her list of credits, it’s no surprise to see - or in this case hear - Sarah Michelle Gellar playing the female heroine in the new animated series Masters of the Universe: Revelation from Netflix and Mattel Television. A sequel to the 1980s cult classic series, the series picks up where the iconic characters left off decades ago. After a cataclysmic battle between He-Man (Chris Wood) and Skeletor (Mark Hamill), Eternia is fractured and the Guardians of Grayskull are scattered. And after decades of secrets tore them apart, it’s up to Teela (Gellar) to reunite the broken band of heroes, and solve the mystery of the missing Sword of Power in a race against time to restore Eternia and prevent the end of the universe.

Ahead of the series’ debut, Gellar discussed why Teela’s story resonated with her, working with showrunner and executive producer Kevin Smith and watching the show with her kids.

How did you first become familiar with the Masters of the Universe franchise?

I was definitely aware of the franchise and the TV show growing up. When you hear, "By the power of Grayskull!" it feels like hearing a song from when you were a child that you haven't heard in years, but the second you hear it, you remember all of it. I did a little bit of research before I started working on Revelation, remembering how all the characters are interwoven, but what's beautiful about Masters of the Universe is that it's a classic story. It's about having the power to choose good, and good triumphing over evil. It’s about people making mistakes and learning from them. Those themes translate over time.

What about Teela and her story in Revelation really resonated with you?

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a fondness for the chosen one; the girl who doesn't know that she has any power and then finds out that she has all the power. And to me, that's the most important life lesson to learn and to teach as a female, and something that I really try to impart to my daughter; that you can do anything anybody else can do. It's about putting your mind to something and believing in yourself. Teela discovering her power and her truth and really finding her own place is such an important story.

You’re famous for playing and voicing strong women — Buffy Summers on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Seventh Sister on Star Wars: Rebels, to name just a couple. Is that something you actively look for when you’re taking on a role, or has it just become a natural trend throughout your career?

It’s a little bit of both. I think that’s the reason behind my initial attraction to She-Ra in the original Masters of the Universe — I didn’t have strong female characters to look up to when I was growing up. So I've been fortunate to get to play them and bring them to life, and to make sure that little girls growing up today have lots of options and avenues into understanding that women are powerful. Storytelling is about making an impact and playing characters who people remember and who leave an impression. Those are always the best characters to play.

What was your experience working with Kevin Smith like?

Kevin emailed me about this show, and I’m a huge Kevin Smith fan — I love Clerks, Mallrats, he’s the coolest — but I’d never gotten to work with him before. I read the first couple of scripts for Revelation, and I thought, "This is really good.” I recorded almost all of my work from home because of COVID-19, and I set up a little studio in my husband’s office. We did a lot over Zoom, but Kevin was still so connected to the work and he made it such a special experience. That’s not easy to do.

Are you going to watch Revelation with your family?

Oh, I can't wait to watch it with them. They're so excited. I'm just happy they finally have things that I'm in that they can actually see.

Masters of the Universe: Revelations debuts July 23 on Netflix.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kILLMonger said:

to late

He deletes his initial bs and I'll delete my response back to him.  That's how this works.

I deleted his post. And yours. I will lock the thread if this keeps going. You were right. Move on.

• Like 1

Kevin Smith (W), Rob David (W), Tim Sheridan (W), Mindy Lee (A), Rico Renzi (C), Dave Wilkins (Cover A), and Arthur Adams (Cover B)

On sale Oct 13
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

In this final issue He-Man and Teela confront Skeletor about the destructive Orlax monster he unleashed and demand his help in a story that leads directly to the opening episode of the new Netflix show written by Kevin Smith!

• The official prequel to the upcoming Netflix show!

MOTUREV_i4_FC_A_FNL.jpg

MOTUREV_i4_FC_VAR_B_ADAMS_FNL.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Satam said:

I deleted his post. And yours. I will lock the thread if this keeps going.

Cool...now moving forward...

I'm glad for these updates (speaking generally)

I am actually even liking the prequel comic.

I will always be salty about what happen to my beloved 200X series but this is a nice change of pace

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JayC said:

Kevin Smith (W), Rob David (W), Tim Sheridan (W), Mindy Lee (A), Rico Renzi (C), Dave Wilkins (Cover A), and Arthur Adams (Cover B)

On sale Oct 13
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

In this final issue He-Man and Teela confront Skeletor about the destructive Orlax monster he unleashed and demand his help in a story that leads directly to the opening episode of the new Netflix show written by Kevin Smith!

• The official prequel to the upcoming Netflix show!

MOTUREV_i4_FC_A_FNL.jpg

MOTUREV_i4_FC_VAR_B_ADAMS_FNL.jpg

Why in the world were these not released before the show? Makes no sense to me to put out a comic prequel series that leads right into the first episode but you can’t read it until 3 months after the episode. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JayC said:

Well from what I read many fans are angry, which isn't unusual fans are always angry for no reason, but to be fair and to put myself in shoes of He-man fans, if they made Spider-man or Batman shows  that was continuation of older show that had no actual animated content with them for decades (like it was in case with He-Man/Motu) and in new show they aren't main characters, I would be really bummed. Sure it depends how it's done, Batman Beyond was great example of how you can  update old franchise and add new blood in it.