MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

2 hours ago, JayC said:
We first told you about this set last month, and now we have new official images for the upcoming Target Exclusive Battle-Damaged He-Man and Battle Cat Set. We checked and still no sign of it in the Target system but it will be released later this year. He-Man has vac-metal armor and an alternate head along with a complete power sword. Battle Cat will have a metallic armor paint. The base will connect to the one coming with the Wind Raider to form a landscape for in front of Castle Greyskull. You also get a couple critters with it.

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-01.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-02.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-03.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-04.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-05.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-06.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-07.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-08.jpg

This is plain and simple a MOST buy for any MOTU fan... I will get it!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Pretty lame looking set, they should re stock the basic figures.

They have to run a business and make money, so that would be the worst business decision imaginable given there are hundreds of He-Mans and Battle Cats cluttering almost every Walmart and Target out there. Giving us an actual vac-metal armor He-Man with an authentic 80s head is the text book example of making money.....except for that Target exclusive and 2 units per store part. Throw in a cool Battle Cat that's all effed up and a couple of those little creatures we see all over the painted art, and we'll all give you our money provided we're fortunate enough to find it. Hasbro got the memo and did right by Major Bludd (I've seen those everywhere for 2 weeks), so Mattel will hopefully follow suit and show Battle Armor He-Man some love and hit the.......target.

If you don't want this then stick around and buy the He-Man and Skeletor restocks coming later on that will have the 80s heads and full power swords. They need to get these 2020 figs clearanced out before they do this, though or make it a fan channel exclusive.

• Thanks 1

The set looks cool. I especially like the classic He-Man heads and have been tempted to get BattleCat more than once. If I run into the set at retail it might be my 3rd origins, the 1st He-Man. (i got orko and also a she-ra for my daughter).

I would not search for it at the aftermarket tho. I'm happy with the MOTUC.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JayC said:
We first told you about this set last month, and now we have new official images for the upcoming Target Exclusive Battle-Damaged He-Man and Battle Cat Set. We checked and still no sign of it in the Target system but it will be released later this year. He-Man has vac-metal armor and an alternate head along with a complete power sword. Battle Cat will have a metallic armor paint. The base will connect to the one coming with the Wind Raider to form a landscape for in front of Castle Greyskull. You also get a couple critters with it.

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-01.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-02.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-03.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-04.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-05.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-06.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-07.jpg

MOTU-Target-Battle-Can-And-He-Man-08.jpg

I thought I wasn't gonna go for it because I already have the other versions, but I like this set a lot and plan on having multiple MOTU set ups displayed so I'm gonna go for it. Hope it's not too hard to get.

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2021 at 5:38 PM, TheMikeSnyder said:

I thought I wasn't gonna go for it because I already have the other versions, but I like this set a lot and plan on having multiple MOTU set ups displayed so I'm gonna go for it. Hope it's not too hard to get.

Now we probably expect a similar version with Skeletor and Panthor...😀👍

Kevin Smith (W), Rob David (W), Tim Sheridan (W), Mindy Lee (A/C), Dave Wilkins (Cover A), and Walt Simonson with Laura Martin (Cover B)

On sale Sept 8
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries

Following the vicious Orlax attack on King Randor, He-Man learns the creature is linked to the origin of the sword of power and also to his nemesis Skeletor who is hellbent on deciphering the secret of Grayskull. Meanwhile we learn the true origin of Evil-Lyn and how she came to be under the evil and powerful Skeletor.

• The official prequel to the upcoming Netflix show!

MOTUREV_i3_FC_A_FNL.jpg

MOTUREV_i3_FC_VAR_B_SIMONSON_FNL.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2021 at 10:19 PM, Roadpigmaster said:

Now we probably expect a similar version with Skeletor and Panthor...😀👍

Annnnd I'll get that too, haha. Curious to what they'll do with Panthor in a matching set since we already have two versions.

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2021 at 1:33 PM, Mr_Scary92 said:

Thee first cover looks great, I have to read the comics I didn't know they had already been released.

I asked local comic shop about these yesterday and was told that issue #1 doesn’t come out until July. So we haven’t missed them. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Thanks for the info, I supposed they would already be out, I'm not aware of the comics that are currently coming out and I thought I was already missing a couple of issues.

Yea. Me too. Especially if they are supposed to be books that lead up to the animated series. You would think they should come out before the show lol. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2021 at 2:25 PM, TheMikeSnyder said:

Annnnd I'll get that too, haha. Curious to what they'll do with Panthor in a matching set since we already have two versions.

Maybe a shinier version with back/ dark details on him and Skeletor is a dark shine purple and his face/head from the Keldor pack that looks more evil.👍👋

Shown below are in-hand images for the first wave of Masters Of The Universe: Revelation Masterverse figures from Mattel. These come via Steve Ozer who is a Global Brand Marketing Manager at the company.

The regular figures in this first wave include He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn and Moss Man. These figures will reportedly start showing up at Walmart stores sometime this summer, and then will be available everywhere by August.

The Battle Cat and Deluxe Skelegod figures are currently showing up at Target stores and also will be available everywhere by August.

Mattel also sent influencer samples of the figure to Pixe-Dan to show off if you want additional looks at the figures.

MOTU-Revelation-01.jpg

MOTU-Revelation-02.jpg

MOTU-Revelation-03.jpg

MOTU-Revelation-04.jpg

MOTU-Revelation-05.jpg

MOTU-Revelation-06.jpg

MOTU-Revelation-07.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DiscoCougar said:

I saw Skelegod at my local Target today (Emeryville, Ca). He wasn't in the main action figure aisle, but kinda hidden in some weird endcap that was over near the baby toy section... Looked kinda neat, but no way worth $40 imo

That's strange, it was $29.99 on my Target.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DiscoCougar said:

I saw Skelegod at my local Target today (Emeryville, Ca). He wasn't in the main action figure aisle, but kinda hidden in some weird endcap that was over near the baby toy section... Looked kinda neat, but no way worth $40 imo

Mine too. Even though I'd heard it being spotted on several occasions, this thing just popped up outta nowhere in an unrelated endcap and caught my by surprise, even though there was a specific Masters area. Alas, even though it looked cool, and it actually was priced at $30, I had to pass. Seeing reviews of the other figures, these things look fantastic, but they are at a strange scale that's even out of most 7" scales. I was more hoping they'd fit in with my 6" collections or at least the MOTUC or Ultimates lines. Good on Mattel for the added value though, cuz these things are massive and that Skelegod even more so. I just don't see myself starting a collection in yet another scale.

Won't be watching the show cuz Kevin Smith screws up EVERYTHING that isn't his own creation and he proves it once again, but this is looking to be a solid toyline. I hope Mattel doesn't screw it up again by insisting to include at least one version of the main characters in each series and then go on to pack them at a 4 to 1 rate like they did to the 200X line. That was a great line and it was so heartbreaking to see the droves and droves and droves of He-Man and Skeletor clogging up the shelves until the line died, never having gotten those versions of Clawful and Clamp Champ and soo many others

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2021 at 9:05 PM, Roadpigmaster said:

Maybe a shinier version with back/ dark details on him and Skeletor is a dark shine purple and his face/head from the Keldor pack that looks more evil.👍👋

I could see them adding the horned helmet like the one in classics.

• Thanks 1

Keenan sends us word that Mattel's fist wave of regular Masters of the Universe Revelation Masterverse figures have finally started showing up at Walmart stores. The image below is from a Walmart in Massachusetts. The regular figures hitting Walamart include He-Man, Skeletor, Evil Lyn and Moss Man. Walmart looks to be selling them at $20 each.

The Deluxe Skelegod and Battle Cat figures are currently hitting Target stores. All of these will be available everywhere by August.

MOTU-Revelation-Walmrt.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JayC said:
Keenan sends us word that Mattel's fist wave of regular Masters of the Universe Revelation Masterverse figures have finally started showing up at Walmart stores. The image below is from a Walmart in Massachusetts. The regular figures hitting Walamart include He-Man, Skeletor, Evil Lyn and Moss Man. Walmart looks to be selling them at $20 each.

The Deluxe Skelegod and Battle Cat figures are currently hitting Target stores. All of these will be available everywhere by August.

MOTU-Revelation-Walmrt.jpg

I want that display....🖐️😁

3 hours ago, LordVenger said:

Ha. For real. And I’m surprised the figs aren’t already gone and on eBay. 

Check the ebay completed listings. Those figures were found in Massachusetts. There are two completed listings from Mass that sold for $200.

• Thanks 1

Shown below is our first look at the upcoming Masters of the Universe Masterverse Revelation Deluxe Faker figure coming from Mattel. This figure is being released as a Deluxe figure and currently listed on the Walmart website, though not yet available for purchase. The cost is $29.99. The new Kevin Smith Masters of the Universe Revelation animated series will premier on Netflix on July 23rd, 2021.

Thanks to Keenan for the heads up.

Masterverse-Deluxe-Faker-01.jpg

Masterverse-Deluxe-Faker-02.jpg

Masterverse-Deluxe-Faker-03.jpg

Masterverse-Deluxe-Faker-04.jpg

Masterverse-Deluxe-Faker-05.jpg

• Thanks 1