MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

On 5/8/2021 at 12:06 AM, Mr_Scary92 said:

Power Con 2021 exclusives revealed?.

FB_IMG_1620446368449.jpg

FB_IMG_1620446375233.jpg

FB_IMG_1620446356872.jpg

Oh man thank goodness nothing I want here, I'll wait for the regular faker, grizzlor and horde troopers. I am also kind of shocked, wasn't the Duplicat actually created by a fan originally as Copy-cat, they basically ripped that person off with this? or am I missing something.

On 5/8/2021 at 6:16 AM, Roadpigmaster said:

Who's the one in the middle with the tree?

The one in the middle with the Grayskull pieces is... the Castle Grayskull robot, originally never a figure but a cardboard cut out piece that was in the original Castle Grayskull it was later retconned into Eternia Armor or Eternia Space suit, but later became a character all his own named Jet Pak (although it can also be a standard grayskull bot/space suit wearer)

It's pretty cool to see actually, I kinda want it. but...maybe we can see it as a regular release, although I really am trying not to buy figures that didnt actually get a release in the original line. I may have to break a few rules though.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JayC said:
Shown below via Nerdist.com are the official images for Mattel's first wave of 7" Masters of the Universe Masterverse figures which are based on the upcoming Kevin Smith Revelation series coming to Netflix on starting on July 23.

The regular figures in the wave include He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn and Moss Man. There is a deluxe figure for Skelegod which will stand 9" tall and 14" Battle Cat which actually allows you to portray the figure as Cringer as well. The regular figures which are said to have 30 points of articulation will cost $24.99 each. Skelegod will cost $29.99 and Battle Cat will cost $39.99.

Not shown here but the second wave should include the following:

-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Spikor - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Teela - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Man-At-Arms - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Beast Man - $24.99

The figures will see release in June starting off at Walmart stores and then should be available everywhere starting on 8/1.

Masterverse-Battle-Cat-01.jpg

Masterverse-Battle-Cat-02.jpg

Masterverse-Battle-Cat-03.jpg

Masterverse-Evil-Lynn-01.jpg

Masterverse-Evil-Lynn-02.jpg

Masterverse-Evil-Lynn-03.jpg

Masterverse-He-Man-01.jpg

Masterverse-He-Man-02.jpg

Masterverse-He-Man-03.jpg

Masterverse-Moss-Man-01.jpg

Masterverse-Moss-Man-02.jpg

Masterverse-Moss-Man-03.jpg

Masterverse-Skelegod-01.jpg

Masterverse-Skelegod-02.jpg

Masterverse-Skelegod-03.jpg

Masterverse-Skeletor-01.jpg

Masterverse-Skeletor-02.jpg

Masterverse-Skeletor-03.jpg

masterverse-toys-social-featured.jpg

Masterverse-Skelegod-04.jpg

As cool as these look for the most part, I just don't feel like I desire them in a collection, there really isn't anything classic to them, they look to far off base for me, I also have a hard time imaging this line going very far, seems destined for 200x outcome, both show and figures, it's all too stylized. and I'm sticking to only collecting origins. I can't go for a whole other He-Man line while Im Knee deep in one, mean old Mattel

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JangDangus said:

Pixel Dan mentioned the "copy cat" incident in a recent interview. It's not stealing if they already own the IP. A blue Mickey Mouse is still Mickey Mouse. 

Who stole what?

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

As cool as these look for the most part, I just don't feel like I desire them in a collection, there really isn't anything classic to them, they look to far off base for me, I also have a hard time imaging this line going very far, seems destined for 200x outcome, both show and figures, it's all too stylized. and I'm sticking to only collecting origins. I can't go for a whole other He-Man line while Im Knee deep in one, mean old Mattel

Big differences between this and the 200x. The 200x aired on cartoon network and still was primarily developed with the idea it would be able to reach a new generation of kids and bring them to MOTU. As good as 200x was it was a bit ahead of its time and failed to achieve it's primary goal.  This time around its on NETFLIX and very much geared for adults not kids. Thats why you have the second CGI series series coming which will be much more for kids. As far as product and the longevity of this, well its hard to say. I have little doubt the show will end up being pretty popular unless Smith fails to really deliver what he's been promising for the show, but so far all indications are thats not the case. However there indications the show isn't being done for long term. Indications suggest this is being done in 2 parts and then its done. I'm sure they will leave themselves some kind of back door so that if the popularity beats expectations they can do more, but I also think its being done so in will be a complete thing. So if we only get 2 parts then who knows.

As for Masterverse, Masterverse I beleve is not just a Revelation line. Its starting off with Revelation designs and being timed with the new series, but over time I imagine we will see other variations of MOTU done in this line which can include classic, 200x, comics and so on and so fourth. The name Masterverse itself suggests an all encompassing line not just a line for the new Kevin Smith series.

Distribution at big box retailers will likely always be a problem. A new cartoon series on Netflix is enough to convince a Walmart and or Target to carry the line but like we often see probably not in any huge numbers and of course they will always want to see the main characters of He-Man and Skeletor on shelves at all time. So anyone expecting a utopia of He-Man products on shelves at Walmart and or Target, well I have some swamp land to sell you, but the good news is other than what I am sure will be some exclusives, eventually you will be able to easily pre-order the figures online, just like you can now with Origins and most other adult collectible action figure lines.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JayC said:

Big differences between this and the 200x. The 200x aired on cartoon network and still was primarily developed with the idea it would be able to reach a new generation of kids and bring them to MOTU. As good as 200x was it was a bit ahead of its time and failed to achieve it's primary goal.  This time around its on NETFLIX and very much geared for adults not kids. Thats why you have the second CGI series series coming which will be much more for kids. As far as product and the longevity of this, well its hard to say. I have little doubt the show will end up being pretty popular unless Smith fails to really deliver what he's been promising for the show, but so far all indications are thats not the case. However there indications the show isn't being done for long term. Indications suggest this is being done in 2 parts and then its done. I'm sure they will leave themselves some kind of back door so that if the popularity beats expectations they can do more, but I also think its being done so in will be a complete thing. So if we only get 2 parts then who knows.

As for Masterverse, Masterverse I beleve is not just a Revelation line. Its starting off with Revelation designs and being timed with the new series, but over time I imagine we will see other variations of MOTU done in this line which can include classic, 200x, comics and so on and so fourth. The name Masterverse itself suggests an all encompassing line not just a line for the new Kevin Smith series.

Distribution at big box retailers will likely always be a problem. A new cartoon series on Netflix is enough to convince a Walmart and or Target to carry the line but like we often see probably not in any huge numbers and of course they will always want to see the main characters of He-Man and Skeletor on shelves at all time. So anyone expecting a utopia of He-Man products on shelves at Walmart and or Target, well I have some swamp land to sell you, but the good news is other than what I am sure will be some exclusives, eventually you will be able to easily pre-order the figures online, just like you can now with Origins and most other adult collectible action figure lines.

I will continue ordering at the BigBadToyStore unless I see a particular figure popping up at my local Walmart or Target stores...

I don't think these figures look perfect but the are a reflection of the art they are based on. I Haven't seen the cartoon images to compare yet but they seem to have descent articulation so I will be buying these.

I don't see them on BBTS where can i pre-order?

• Thanks 1

I'm almost of a mind to wait and see if the suits are smart enough to dump the "must be a He-Man and Skeletor in every wave and short pack any new characters" game plan before I get into this line. Something tells me, and judging by the way the Origins line is being distributed, that some things will never change. Still, I'll get these. I got no problem starting with the main two characters in the first wave, but having to include both in every wave and then having to rummage through layers and layers of them to find the new character is gonna get you cancelled in record time. How bout this, maybe you just include just one of the Big Two in each wave, and then make the other 3 character a mix of the characters we never got in the 200X waves and ones that did get made in the 200X, MOTUC, and Vintage lines, and maybe, just hear me out, just maybe you make the new characters as available (or dare I say it, even more available) as the main character. Now, one will say the new characters will depend on when they appear on the new show, but technically, if the show is just a continuation of the old Filmation series (which we've already seen that it isn't) then all characters should be fair game. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, this "Barbie has a new hat" strategy is not gonna work in todays market.

These are so made for collectors because no parent in their right mind would blow 25 bucks on a s single figure when they can spend the money for two and get an Xbox and PS game for their kid instead...

• Thanks 1

Pixel Dan catches up with Reuben Martinez and Josh Graham from Mattel to talk about Masters of the Universe Origins. For the first time we see Stinkor who will smell pretty much like the original, Lords Of Power Beast Man which differs from the Power-Con release, Green Goddess and Webstor. These figures are part of wave 6 and can be pre-ordered at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Also shown is a new Target exclusive Battle-Damaged Bundle featuring He-Man and Battle Cat. He-Man has vac-metal armor and an alternate head ad full sword. Battle Cat will have a metallic armor paint. The base will connect to the one coming with the Wind Raider to form a landscape for in front of Castle Greyskull. You also get a couple critters with it.

Look for them to re-release He-Man and Skeletor with vintage heads and full Power Swords.

They also gave us our first look at the upcoming Origins Mosquitor figure. It will have an alternate head and pump feature. There will also be an extra hand and a blood sucking effect.

For Masterverse will be open to products beyond Revelation. Next year is He-Man's 40th Anniversary which will have lots of opportunities to pull from.

See the whole interview along with images below.

MOTU-Origins-Battle-Cat.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-01.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-02.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-03.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-04.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-06.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-07.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-08.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-09.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-10.jpg

• Thanks 1

Oh nice, finally cool to see Stinkor and Webstor and the preview of Mosquitor, I am hoping I can find these , they are 3 of my favorite characters, and I've been having a ton of trouble trying to get The latest wave, so much coming out in a short period of time is stressful, since I need pretty much everything that comes out, inless it's a alt version of already released character.

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2021 at 3:44 AM, JayC said:

Updated package images

Masterverse-Packaging-01.jpg

Masterverse-Packaging-02.jpg

Masterverse-Packaging-03.jpg

Masterverse-Packaging-04.jpg

Masterverse-Packaging-05.jpg

Masterverse-Packaging-06.jpg

Masterverse-Packaging-07.jpg

They indeed look pretty good, I guess we can argue that He-man's face is little bit off paint wise, like it's not even close as sharp looking as Evil-Lyn face. Moss Man looks really cool, I can see people making "affordable" Swamp Thing and Man Thing customs from it, still wish they were 6.5 scale rather than 7.

• Thanks 1

Shown below are the first real looks at Mattel's upcoming figures based on the Netflix He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe CGI series. Shown are two figures of He-Man and one of Skeletor. Note this is NOT the same animated series as the one Kevin Smith is doing called Revelation. This CGI series is a second He-Man show coming to Netflix that will be geared more for kids than adults as you can see from these toys. The images were discovered on Facebook but I don't know where they originated from or how someone got the figures in hand. Thanks to Fitz for the heads up. When more details on this line become available we will be sure to update you.

Netflix-He-Man-MOTU-01.jpg

Netflix-He-Man-MOTU-02.jpg

Netflix-He-Man-MOTU-03.jpg

• Thanks 1

I kind of like that look for Skeletor, it has sort of a Darksiders look to it (it's almost a mix of War and Death) but overall I'm disappointed with these. I wonder if the Masterverse line will end up doing a higher quality version of characters from this show. I'd need to see more of this art style to know if I'll be into that, but if I am I'll probably get those.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JayC said:

Pixel Dan catches up with Reuben Martinez and Josh Graham from Mattel to talk about Masters of the Universe Origins. For the first time we see Stinkor who will smell pretty much like the original, Lords Of Power Beast Man which differs from the Power-Con release, Green Goddess and Webstor. These figures are part of wave 6 and can be pre-ordered at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Also shown is a new Target exclusive Battle-Damaged Bundle featuring He-Man and Battle Cat. He-Man has vac-metal armor and an alternate head ad full sword. Battle Cat will have a metallic armor paint. The base will connect to the one coming with the Wind Raider to form a landscape for in front of Castle Greyskull. You also get a couple critters with it.

Look for them to re-release He-Man and Skeletor with vintage heads and full Power Swords.

They also gave us our first look at the upcoming Origins Mosquitor figure. It will have an alternate head and pump feature. There will also be an extra hand and a blood sucking effect.

For Masterverse will be open to products beyond Revelation. Next year is He-Man's 40th Anniversary which will have lots of opportunities to pull from.

See the whole interview along with images below.

MOTU-Origins-Battle-Cat.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-01.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-02.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-03.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-04.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-06.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-07.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-08.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-09.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-5-10.jpg

The battle damage HE-Man in chrome is spectacular... Wow I really want that one over the freaking deluxe one that is pale gray... I have to have it!😀✌️

1 hour ago, JayC said:
Shown below are the first real looks at Mattel's upcoming figures based on the Netflix He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe CGI series. Shown are two figures of He-Man and one of Skeletor. Note this is NOT the same animated series as the one Kevin Smith is doing called Revelation. This CGI series is a second He-Man show coming to Netflix that will be geared more for kids than adults as you can see from these toys. The images were discovered on Facebook but I don't know where they originated from or how someone got the figures in hand. Thanks to Fitz for the heads up. When more details on this line become available we will be sure to update you.

Netflix-He-Man-MOTU-01.jpg

Netflix-He-Man-MOTU-02.jpg

Netflix-He-Man-MOTU-03.jpg

Those figures to be like 8 or 12 inches? I will watch that animated show to see how it is but not buying the figures since they are too big...

19 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

There was no MoTU stuff for a while, at least not at  retail, now we will have three different lines, there are those who say that now is a great time for the franchise and now it's also a great time to be a MOTU fan, I don't know, I feel like this is all too much and all too sudden, maybe it's just me, even so Mattel still has a lot to work on to make sure all this stuff reaches people, I mean people who will really appreciate the figures and will not seek an economic benefit with them, the distribution is sure a nuisance for many fans in several countries.

I feel the same, it seems a bit too much all at once, and it's all really a leap of faith, I can't imagine much data currently shows any upward trends in MOTU product desire from the general public/children, so this is really going off steam and the popularity within adults, who isn't a huge percentage of profit in the end, but 2 shows, 3 toylines all at once, seems like a real risk. I don't really think MOTU is going to return to it's prominence as a multi media powerhouse like the 80's, if they wanted to reach kids they might as well have made a mobile game like fortnite based off MOTU, not toys and cartoons. I hope it all goes well but I have my doubts, at least I bet the Kiddie show and toy line will probably flop pretty fast out the gate.

• Thanks 1

Wow, lots of news lately in regards to Masters Of The Universe in general.  Couple of my general thoughts on recent news:

(1.)  From the Kevin Smith produced Netflix series: If I get Moss Man, I will most likely just use for my 200x collection, even if he is going to be an inch taller than the 6" 200x figures.  I may have to consider the Skelegod figure as well, since it seems to suggest it's Skeletor getting both halves of the Power Sowrds to become a god like, having both his powers and the Power Of Greyskull merged with him.  Having the figure being taller than other figures makes it look more so.  Undecided about Battle Cat, but I do like how if you take off the armour, he ends up looking more like Cringer than just a Unarmoured Battle Cat(Which I think is thanks to the eyes on the figure being different from the eyes on the Battle Cat mask).  At this time, I don't really see myself getting any other figures from this new line in general at this time.

(2.) In regards to the Target Exclusive Origins Battle Armour He-man And Battle Cat: Look at it this way, they are just exclusive repaints of 2 figures that have already been released in retail, as their armours are now more shiny, with Red painted slashes to repersent Battle Damage.  At least it's not a new character that is an exclusive(Please see the Target Exclusive G.I. Joe Classified: Cobra Island line as an example of this practice).  Though to be honest, I could do without the Red Slashes on the figures, however, if it's true that in this Origins line, you can swap out the figures arms, legs, and heads from the main body, then you can get a non Red Slash version of this He-man if you can get another figure. I am curious if they will do a Battle Armour Skeletor With Panthor 2 pack as well.

In a way, this Target Exclusive Origins Battle Damage He-man And Battle Cat 2 pack homages how at 1 point during the original line in the 1980's, how both the Battle Armour He-man and Battle Cat were re-released/re-isussed in a Gift Pack together as well.  The same thing happened with Skeletor and Panthor.  Here's are links from Heman.org for examples of these Gift packs from the original line:

https://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1485

https://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=1486

https://www.he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=562

For the record, it would seem that Battle Armour He-man and Skeletor got re-released in a few Gift/Multipacks thoughout the original line.

(3.) In regards to everyones comments about finding nothing but Origins He-man's and Skeletor's, as I assume it's a U.S. thing(I live in Canada for the record): I was wondering if you guys are referring to just the Regular He-mans and Skeletor's, the Battle Armour versions of them, The Rise Of Evil(That features a Skeletor head), or seeing all of these versions of these characters? 

Because in Canada(At least where I live), I maybe only seen Battle Armour He-man once or twice, and maybe Battle Armour Skeletor once.  I don't recall if I ever saw the Regular versions of them and if I did, it was only once when it was a Wal-mart Exclusive last year.  When the Origins line became a regular retail line, I've yet to see the Regular versions at all in person, but I did see all the figures from the She-ra wave.  As for the Rise Of Evil 2 pack, honestly, I have no idea if this will come to Canada or not at all, let along if it does, if will be a Store Exclusive or Mass Retail Release.

(4.) The Kid Focused Netflix MOTU figures: Looks interesting and very cartoony styilized(Which seems to fit the style most cartoons are like nowadays).  Need to see more before I can consider this line, however I am okay with He-man's general design.  Curious about the scale on these.