MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

I wasn't exactly impressed with what we saw of the Masterverse figures before, but I'm still pretty exited for this line. I'm all for the figures based on the new and original series, but more than anything I can't wait until they get into 200x. That's actually what I grew up with and it would be one of the few lines really catering to so something from the 00's outside of Lightning Collection with Dino Thunder and SPD.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lordtom said:

The build quality better be great for that price. The cheek of it. It's the same stupid price they had for their awful DC figs. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. I hope they learned something after loosing the DCM line, as far as articulation and sculpt, and I hope they learned something from the cancellation of the Masters of the Universe 200X line. No one wants a thousand different variations of He-Man and Skeletor packed at a ratio of 4 to 1 clogging up the shelves. I won't hold my breath cuz it's already happening with the Origins line, if anyone else has taken notice. We want variety, and you have a ton of source material from the original 80's line to the characters in the MOTUC line, to characters in comics and cartoon. There's no reason whatsoever we should have to endure the frustration of digging through pegs 6 to 8 deep with He-Man and Skeletor to look for a Man-At-Arms or Tri-Klops only to be disappointed because they only came one to a case. Get this old "Barbie Has a New Hat" marketing mentality out of your heads here and now Mattel, or this line is dead before launch.

• Thanks 2

On 3/11/2021 at 8:32 PM, lordtom said:

The build quality better be great for that price. The cheek of it. It's the same stupid price they had for their awful DC figs. 

That reminds me of DC figs that could hardly stand on their own {sigh}. This line has the Classics to compete with, though I'm not expecting this'll truly be at par with Classics (just seeing the shapes of the blurred images and what seemed to be a hunched Battle Cat), the final product has to be decent.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Shown below is our first look at the Masters Of The Universe Origins Deluxe Buzz Saw Hordak figure coming from Mattel. Like the original figure, this one has saw blades that will pop out of the figures chest. You can pre-order this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com

MOTU-Origins-Buzzsaw.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayC said:

Shown below is our first look at the Masters Of The Universe Origins Deluxe Buzz Saw Hordak figure coming from Mattel. Like the original figure, this one has saw blades that will pop out of the figures chest. You can pre-order this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com

MOTU-Origins-Buzzsaw.jpg

Looks good.😀✌️ I will add it to my cart but check first if I didn't pre ordered already...🤔

I picked up the entire Tri-Klops/Hordak wave at  Target last week and also got deluxe Ram Man and Battle Armor Skeletor the past couple of days from BBTS. I've been able to find everyone of the basic figures at either WM or Target with the exception of Scare Glow (which I have preordered at BBTS). I managed to upgrade my Man at Arms and Trap Jaw when I found them at two separate WM a couple weeks ago. The Tri-Klops wave is at at least 3 Targets in my area, so it's starting to saturate a bit after it being dry there for a while. The Roboto wave and Battle Armor He-Man was showing up at those same Targets there for a while before that dry spell hit. Hopefully, future waves will continue to be easy to semi-easy to find from here on out. Got my Land Shark and the plastic is a bit rough, so I'm on the lookout to upgrade it. My Panthor arrived destroyed from Target but a friend has 2 or 3 incoming and he'll trade me for an upopened one that doesn't look like an accordion. He'll use mine as his open piece. I don't know how he finds the room to have an open one and MISB for literally everything and still has an unopened Snake Mountain and Unicron just sitting there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, obs said:

I picked up the entire Tri-Klops/Hordak wave at  Target last week and also got deluxe Ram Man and Battle Armor Skeletor the past couple of days from BBTS. I've been able to find everyone of the basic figures at either WM or Target with the exception of Scare Glow (which I have preordered at BBTS). I managed to upgrade my Man at Arms and Trap Jaw when I found them at two separate WM a couple weeks ago. The Tri-Klops wave is at at least 3 Targets in my area, so it's starting to saturate a bit after it being dry there for a while. The Roboto wave and Battle Armor He-Man was showing up at those same Targets there for a while before that dry spell hit. Hopefully, future waves will continue to be easy to semi-easy to find from here on out. Got my Land Shark and the plastic is a bit rough, so I'm on the lookout to upgrade it. My Panthor arrived destroyed from Target but a friend has 2 or 3 incoming and he'll trade me for an upopened one that doesn't look like an accordion. He'll use mine as his open piece. I don't know how he finds the room to have an open one and MISB for literally everything and still has an unopened Snake Mountain and Unicron just sitting there.

So Target 🎯 also have shipping problems like Walmart???? If that's true the I will not Pre order the new Transformers Kingdom from them. Please confirm!😲✌️

8 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

So Target 🎯 also have shipping problems like Walmart???? If that's true the I will not Pre order the new Transformers Kingdom from them. Please confirm!😲✌️

yes, Target, just like Walmart and Amazon doesn't really care about collectibles when it comes to shipping, at least in my experience, boxes are usually too small or too big with not enough padding

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RickytheRockstar said:

yes, Target, just like Walmart and Amazon doesn't really care about collectibles when it comes to shipping, at least in my experience, boxes are usually too small or too big with not enough padding

Oh I didn't knew that...  Thanks for letting me know man...😲✌️😁

I saw the entire Hordak wave except Hordak at Target the other week. Got Tri-Klops and Strastos but held off on Ninjor for now. Mostly all I see in the wild though are He-Man and Skeletor figures clogging the pegs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JayC said:

I saw the entire Hordak wave except Hordak at Target the other week. Got Tri-Klops and Strastos but held off on Ninjor for now. Mostly all I see in the wild though are He-Man and Skeletor figures clogging the pegs.

Yeah when I watch American Toy Hunters, almost every store is just clogged with Skeletor and He-Man, here in Canada people are cryin they can't find He-Man or Skeletor, all we have is Battlecat and Adam + Sky Sled, they need to get this distribution down, I know a ton of collectors that don't even want to start on this line because of the lack of essential characters being released here in Canada. I love this line myself it just takes a bit of work to find everything, not sweating it too hard that I have not gotten the Hordak wave yet it's still pretty new, I'm only a bit mad at myself for passing on the one Castle Grayskull, I thought I'd see them again.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JayC said:

Just found the whole wave at my local Target today & picked them up for my buddy. There was one of each, except Tri-Klops which had 3, I think.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The first images for Mattel's 6th wave of Masters of the Universe Origins have figures have surfaced online. This wave which is available for pre-order at places like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com includes Fisto, Faker, Mernan and Evil-Lyn. Evil-Lyn and Meroman have new paint decos.

We should not that images for wave 6 have actually surface before images of wave 5 which includes Stinkor, Webstor, Beast Man v2 and Green Goddess.

MOTUO-Wave-6-01.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-6-02.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-6-03.jpg

MOTUO-Wave-6-04.jpg

• Thanks 1

For those who mentioned that they can't find the figures and that they are hard to find, just order them from the BigBadToyStore... That's what I did after last year not finding anything at the stores... As soon as they mentioned that the BigBadToyStore was carrying them, I pre order everything I didn't found at stores and most of the figures coming for this year. The only figures I didn't pre-ordered yet are the one that get added all of a sudden during last month and this one if any... I think the only one missing in my pre order is that new Deluxe Hordak so I will pre order when I see more figures added into the store.✌️😃

Look at the bottom of Evil-Lyn's packaging.  It looks like there is a MOTU 2002-2004 style logo on it.  No idea if it's a sticker insert(Like the 2002-2004 line), a cardboard insert, or if it's just a sticker on the bubble.

While it seems people are suggesting the deco could be the Funmation version of the character, with the inclusion of the 2002-2004 logo, I wonder if this was to indicate that this figure is more of a 2002-2004 inspired deco?  Just a though.  

• Thanks 1

That's not the show colors for Evil Lyn, it's the early 2000 deco. That's why that logo is on her bubble, plus that's what has been announced. That Mer-Man is also different from the boxed set version, so I'm glad they're not just straight up repacking those or that would have royally pissed me off given the cost of the boxed set.

These figures are incredibly easily to find now. Target has new waves on a consistent basis. I just picked up Panthor and the Tri-Clops wave, and I found Battle Armor He-Man the other day along with Clamp Champ. I also found the Roboto wave before that, and I ran across the entire Orko wave at Walmart the other day (twice) except for Scare Glow. All I lack is Scare Glow, but I have him preordered. I have every figure preordered, but I delete those from BBTS as I find them in the wild, so I'm guaranteed to never to have to worry about obtaining these. If you order a Land Shark from BBTS, I'd suggest using Collector Grade if you care about condition of the box. The clear plastic got scratched on mine, although I had it packed with Ram-Man and Battle Armor Skeletor, so they must have clashed while in the mail, and scratched up my plastic a bit. Collector Grade will take care of that if that would bug you.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

For those who mentioned that they can't find the figures and that they are hard to find, just order them from the BigBadToyStore... That's what I did after last year not finding anything at the stores... As soon as they mentioned that the BigBadToyStore was carrying them, I pre order everything I didn't found at stores and most of the figures coming for this year. The only figures I didn't pre-ordered yet are the one that get added all of a sudden during last month and this one if any... I think the only one missing in my pre order is that new Deluxe Hordak so I will pre order when I see more figures added into the store.✌️😃

Yeah I've been able to order everything except Orko from BBTS.

• Thanks 1