MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah same man, I only own 4 of these figures, I really wish I could get them all, but it's still looking bleak, I am hoping by January once these are not exclusives to Wal-Mart I can finally get my hands on the figures I'm missing.

I hear you.  It will have to be Ebay for me.

• Thanks 1

I'm still sore about the 200x line so I've admired these from afar but...just...can't.  Zodac is a sore spot because I liked the Zodak version waaaayyyyy better. If they do a Snake Armor He-man, Hordak (a good evil looking  one), Dekker, or even Despara I'll bite.

56 minutes ago, kILLMonger said:

I'm still sore about the 200x line so I've admired these from afar but...just...can't.  Zodac is a sore spot because I liked the Zodak version waaaayyyyy better. If they do a Snake Armor He-man, Hordak (a good evil looking  one), Dekker, or even Despara I'll bite.

There is a great Despara in the Mattycollector line and some evil looking Hordaks too.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
An image from an overseas distributor has shown up online giving us our first look at what might be the new Kevin Smith Netflix Animated Series Masters Of The Universe Revelation Skeletor figure from Mattel.

The title description lists it as Skeletor Oversize Figure 23 CM Masters Of The Universe: Revelation. 23 CM comes out to just over 9" tall. It's unclear if oversize means some type of deluxe figure or what. The design of the figures seems to be very reminiscent to how Skeletor at one point looked in the DC Comic Book series titled Eternia War which you can see a cover of below for.

Assuming this is all legit, it's also not clear if this is a figure that will be part of the previously announced Mattel Masters of the Universe Masterverse line which was said to contain figures around 7" tall. The description on the overseas website does not use the word Masterverse and if this figure is based on the new Kevin Smith cartoon, its possible that will have it's own dedicated line. This figure DOES NOT seem to fit any of the blacked out images Mattel showed for the line back during Power-Con last year.

Last year another image had leaked out for what was said to be a figure in the Masterverse

line for a Moss-Man figure which did match up with one of the teased blacked out images.

If this image is an actual look at one of the figures for the new Kevin Smith animated series coming to Netflix later this year, it is somewhat interesting that the design seems to have been heavily influenced by the Eternia War DC Comic book series. I suppose it's possible that this isn't based on the Kevin Smith series at all, but solely on the DC Comic Book one and is in fact part of the Masterverse line, which could possibly include figures from all various corners of the MOTU Universe that has been established over the years.
In the Eternia War series, the war to end all wars has begun in Eternia! Hordak and the villainous Dark Horde have taken over Castle Grayskull and plan to use it as a weapon to terrorize and rule the universe. But a resistance is building led by She-Ra, The Sorceress Teela and the benevolent warrior He-Man!

To me if this figure image is legit, it makes more sense that its a figure based on the comic book series and NOT the new

animated series, but I guess we will just have to see.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Interesting, there will be figures from various sources/media of the MOTU multiverse. Well, I can't wait to see What's planned for this line.

There's a staff there that belongs to Hordak. Can't believe the Horde will be involved in Revelations. This is truly a must-see part of MOTU's story. Hmmmm... I just plead with the Serpentine Goddess that they don't drop the ball on the 7" action figures side of things. #mattel #wewantmoremastersoftheuniverse

• Thanks 1

EDIT: The press release says the 3D render is from the kid's show and NOT the Smith show, so that's a relief. Now, if series 1 of Masterverse is supposed to be from Revelations then does that mean these 3 fantastic figs and Battle Cat are the Smith versions?

Pics of the Masterverse Skeletor, He-Man and Battle Cat, and Evil Lyn are over on Toyark. There's also a 3D render of He-Man and Battle Cat from one of the two new shows.  The Masterverse figs are awesome. I love them. The "show" design is effing awful. I haven't gotten into details beyond it's from a show, so I don't know if it's the Kevin Smith show Revelations or the more kid oriented show. It has to be the kiddie one, because if this is what Smith has done then what the heck happened? It's a total embarrassment. If that's Smith's He-Man and Battle Cat then that man needs to be embarrassed right about now. This along with the awful transformation music and awful Prince Adam/He-Man voice are not filling me with hope. The Masterverse figs are though.

5 hours ago, JayC said:
An image from an overseas distributor has shown up online giving us our first look at what might be the new Kevin Smith Netflix Animated Series Masters Of The Universe Revelation Skeletor figure from Mattel.

The title description lists it as Skeletor Oversize Figure 23 CM Masters Of The Universe: Revelation. 23 CM comes out to just over 9" tall. It's unclear if oversize means some type of deluxe figure or what. The design of the figures seems to be very reminiscent to how Skeletor at one point looked in the DC Comic Book series titled Eternia War which you can see a cover of below for.

Assuming this is all legit, it's also not clear if this is a figure that will be part of the previously announced Mattel Masters of the Universe Masterverse line which was said to contain figures around 7" tall. The description on the overseas website does not use the word Masterverse and if this figure is based on the new Kevin Smith cartoon, its possible that will have it's own dedicated line. This figure DOES NOT seem to fit any of the blacked out images Mattel showed for the line back during Power-Con last year.

Last year another image had leaked out for what was said to be a figure in the Masterverse

line for a Moss-Man figure which did match up with one of the teased blacked out images.

If this image is an actual look at one of the figures for the new Kevin Smith animated series coming to Netflix later this year, it is somewhat interesting that the design seems to have been heavily influenced by the Eternia War DC Comic book series. I suppose it's possible that this isn't based on the Kevin Smith series at all, but solely on the DC Comic Book one and is in fact part of the Masterverse line, which could possibly include figures from all various corners of the MOTU Universe that has been established over the years.
In the Eternia War series, the war to end all wars has begun in Eternia! Hordak and the villainous Dark Horde have taken over Castle Grayskull and plan to use it as a weapon to terrorize and rule the universe. But a resistance is building led by She-Ra, The Sorceress Teela and the benevolent warrior He-Man!

To me if this figure image is legit, it makes more sense that its a figure based on the comic book series and NOT the new

animated series, but I guess we will just have to see.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

I'm liking the new style of the power sword here. She-ra's power sword and She-ra herself, if they'd make 'em  in action figure form are piquing my curiosity. 

• Thanks 1

While it's still not clear what or how valid the the image we told you about earlier this morning of a new Skeletor figure, we now have our first official look at three of the figures in the Masterverse line as well as a first look at He-Man and Battle Cat from the second MOTU CGI animated series coming to Netflix. This second series is different from the Kevin Smith Revelation series. These new images come via Mattel Virtual Analyst Day Meeting they held today.

For 7" Masterverse we see the new

Skeletor, He-Man with Battle Cat and Evil Lynn. These figures back during Power-Con were said to cost $19.99 each and have around 30 points of articulation. No word on the price for Battle Cat or if the $19.99 price is still in place.

masterverse-firstlook-feb2020_full__scaled_600.jpg

Next up is our first look at He-Man and Battle Cat from the second Netflix series, again not to be mistaken with the Kevin Smith one. This one will be CGI as opposed to traditional animation. No word on pricing for these.

masterverse-firstlook-feb2020__scaled_600.jpg

We still await word if the Skeletor we showed you earlier today is legit and what line it will be for, as well as the leaked image of Moss Man we saw last year that was thought to be for the Masterverse line.

masterverse-firstlook-feb2020_full.jpg

masterverse-firstlook-feb2020.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayC said:
While it's still not clear what or how valid the the image we told you about earlier this morning of a new Skeletor figure, we now have our first official look at three of the figures in the Masterverse line as well as a first look at He-Man and Battle Cat from the second MOTU CGI animated series coming to Netflix. This second series is different from the Kevin Smith Revelation series. These new images come via Mattel Virtual Analyst Day Meeting they held today.

For 7" Masterverse we see the new

Skeletor, He-Man with Battle Cat and Evil Lynn. These figures back during Power-Con were said to cost $19.99 each and have around 30 points of articulation. No word on the price for Battle Cat or if the $19.99 price is still in place.

masterverse-firstlook-feb2020_full__scaled_600.jpg

Next up is our first look at He-Man and Battle Cat from the second Netflix series, again not to be mistaken with the Kevin Smith one. This one will be CGI as opposed to traditional animation. No word on pricing for these.

masterverse-firstlook-feb2020__scaled_600.jpg

We still await word if the Skeletor we showed you earlier today is legit and what line it will be for, as well as the leaked image of Moss Man we saw last year that was thought to be for the Masterverse line.

masterverse-firstlook-feb2020_full.jpg

masterverse-firstlook-feb2020.jpg

The second show kind of look like those mini MOTU figures they been selling...

I actually think those MOTU 7'' figures look pretty awesome, I would probably say that I feel they are not classic enough in design for me, I also don't think I can start a second current MOTU collection, I'm already fully invested in Origins, so offering me more, I can't accept.

I however strongly dislike that second design..that looks fugazi.

• Thanks 1

So, RE: the Masterverse figures - I wish He-Man had a sporran (the pouch on the front of a kilt or loincloth) like the 2002 figure had, that was a GREAT addition to the design that I think should come back.  And I wish Evil-Lyn had the "ram's horns" curls on her chest and bare legs under the skirt instead of black leggings (not to sexualize her, just to tie her design in a little better with the original look).  BUT . . . in spite of those changes (which I can totally customize myself if I want), I think these look PHENOMENAL, are are EXACTLY the MOTU figures I've been looking for for years: something done in a more "realistic" modern style (even MOTUC was too "cartoony" for my taste . . . and we'll not even get into the "availability" issue), but maintaining most of the classic aesthetic.  "MOTU Legends" as it were.  I LOVE IT!!
<P>
As for MOTU-Flix . . . VERY cool!  Leaning much further into the "sci" side of the "sci-fantasy" concept that MOTU always went for.  Different.  Dunno if I'm remotely interested in toys, but I'll DEFINITELY check out the series!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Batman1701 said:

So, RE: the Masterverse figures - I wish He-Man had a sporran (the pouch on the front of a kilt or loincloth) like the 2002 figure had, that was a GREAT addition to the design that I think should come back.  And I wish Evil-Lyn had the "ram's horns" curls on her chest and bare legs under the skirt instead of black leggings (not to sexualize her, just to tie her design in a little better with the original look).  BUT . . . in spite of those changes (which I can totally customize myself if I want), I think these look PHENOMENAL, are are EXACTLY the MOTU figures I've been looking for for years: something done in a more "realistic" modern style (even MOTUC was too "cartoony" for my taste . . . and we'll not even get into the "availability" issue), but maintaining most of the classic aesthetic.  "MOTU Legends" as it were.  I LOVE IT!!
<P>
As for MOTU-Flix . . . VERY cool!  Leaning much further into the "sci" side of the "sci-fantasy" concept that MOTU always went for.  Different.  Dunno if I'm remotely interested in toys, but I'll DEFINITELY check out the series!

There is nothing wrong with black leggings on a woman 👠 and I'm not the kind of man to object that...😀✌️

2 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

There is nothing wrong with black leggings on a woman 👠 and I'm not the kind of man to object that...😀✌️

I . . . didn't say there was anything wrong with black leggings? *LOL*
<P>
I said I would have preferred no leggings, SPECIFICALLY because bare legs would tie the look of this figure more closely to her original design (which also had bare legs).
<P>
But again, it's a preference.  Anyone else's opinion is valid. *shrug*

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

The figures look pretty cool.I may pick these up. I'd like to see more of them first though. As for the cartoon it's not bad, I dont mind the stylized animation although the proportions look way off 

NO I DO NOT like that stylized animation at all!  Netflix can keep it.

I am looking forward to Kevin Smith's version.

Those figures look nice. I was hoping for some that would fit the Classics line.

• Thanks 1

So further indication of the Skeletor figure that leaked out yesterday before the Mattel images where shown. The overseas website that had posted the Skeletor also posted Battle Cat which you can see is the same figure Mattel showed. If they had images of Battle Cat it stands to reason the Skeletor image was also legit and seemingly some kind of Deluxe figure since its bigger and different from the Skeletor Mattel showed.

MOTU-Battle-cat.jpg

• Thanks 1

Also saw this floating around social media. Don't know how legit it is since this looks more like comic book art than anything from an animated series. Maybe something for a kids book. Another thing that gives me some doubts about how legit this is, the sword He-Man has looks like a regular sword not his power sword as you see him holding in the toy image from yesterday.

Revelation.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Well, I've already seen the reactions on different pages and social media, the reactions are mixed, the main criticism is the heavy stylized that distances a lot from the classic show, MoTUC and there are also certain comparisons with 200X. I think it will be interesting to see how this line does at retail now.

The MOTU action figures for kids, they say, somehow look 200x-ish. Strangely, based on the pix shown so far, I'm kinda interested. It's my thing. I like MOTU looking fresh, new, and somewhat exaggerated hehe... I have one cardinal rule that has to be followed though. This figures have to be 1/12-scale for me to buy it.

In regards to collecting MOTU at the moment, I think I'm going to mostly focus on the 5.5" Origins line, and the Mega Construx line, with maybe a bit of the 200X stuff if I come across them at decent prices. Not saying I will dismissed both the 7" Multiverse stuff, or the newer CGI He-man series stuff, but until more info on those come out, I will leave things as it is for the time being, especially with how my toy budget is, and the amount lines I have interest in.

I will say though that if the newer CGI He-man series figures are the same scale as the 5.5" Origins line, that could cause me to consider dipping in to it, even more so if certain characters designs in the newer CGI series I like better than the classic Origins line.  Or at the very least, a bit more easier to obtain than some of the Origins stuff.  As well, if the Mega Construx line delves into the new CGI stuff, that could interest me too.  It's all wait and see for me, regardless if I ever watch either of these 2 new Netflix cartoon series or not.

• Thanks 1

MOTU Minis gave us a swift (oh so few) preview of Revelations characters, and possibly some clues (so slightly) on the storyline:

Revelation Skele-God

Revelation Fisto

Revelation Beast Man

Revelation Whiplash

Revelation Full Metal Whiplash

Me: Dibs on BEASTMAN and FULL METAL WHIPLASH lol

Obviously, Skeletor will turn god-like in Revelations... I suppose he stole some, if not all, the power of GS?! From my research on YouTube, this is base on the writer and one of Mattel's main person on MOTU Classics design and development: the 200x storyline was suppose to lead towards Skeletor taking control of Castle Grayskull and defeating the Masters. Revelations may have followed the same storyline. Because, yeah, if you're as persistent as Skeletor, eventually, you'd get what you wanted, right?! All roads lead to Grayskull, at the final tally.

P.S. According to BBTS the projected release of these Minis is June 2021. Kinda gives you a clue when Revelations will be aired and when Revelations 7" action figures will be released/announced when to be on sale... somehow

(source: BBTS, see attachment)

Minis.jpg

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Blurr86 said:

he was cast out into the earth ... then the age of heroes came... 

JL2 mcf.jpg

So far it looks like there are two versions of Darkseid... I personally like this one better with his classic look.😀✌️

ummm a little off topic though isn't it?

anyway I don't think this non-exclusive MOTU was any help in getting a better variety of characters out

the only ones I still see are tons of Skeletors & He-men

it's like Mattel never learned from their past mistakes

Thanks to a heads up from Ninja Knight we have discovered etailer Zavvi has put up for pre-order the first wave of Mattel's new Masters of the Universe Masterverse figure. No images have been posted with the listings and the regular figures are listed with a $24.99 price. There is also one oversized Deluxe type figure listed with a price of $29.99.

Here is how the listings break down:

-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - He-Man - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Skeltor - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Spikor - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Teela - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Mossman - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Man-At-Arms - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Evil-Lyn - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Beast Man - $24.99
-Mattel Masters of the Universe: Revelation Masterverse Action Figure - Oversize Skeletor - $29.99

Battle Cat is listed with a price of $39.99. The figures are listed with a September 2021 on Zavvi, but I have check with other sources that tell me that the figures here in the US will see release at Walmart around June and then everywhere else around August. Here is the description given for the line:

Mattel's new Masterverse line launches with a celebration of the new 2021 Netflix animated series, Masters Of The Universe: Revelation. Created and executive produced by Kevin Smith, Revelation is a direct sequel to the classic He-Man and the Masters of the Universe animated series, and tells the story of Teela's search for the missing Sword of Power. Can she find it in time to halt the end of the universe?

Each figure stands in the classic MotU 7" scale, but takes design cues from the new series. With over 30 points of articulation, new accessories, and a window box display, THIS is the new Master of your collectibles universe!

Below are the images of the He-Man, Battle Cat, Skeletor and Evil-Lyn figures shown during Mattel's Investor Day event a few weeks ago as well as a blurry image for what is likely the Oversized Skeletor that leaked out. We also have below the image for Mossman that leaked out months ago which we now assume is pretty legit.

Masterverse-01.jpg

Masterverse-02.jpg

Masterverse-03.jpg

• Thanks 1