MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

JayC

9 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Everything points that could be a real prototype but in a very, very early state, more like a mock-up. I would have to assume that maybe the Revelations designs would be an amalgam of classics and 200X designs but with new elements, that's just a guess. A sneak peek of the new animated series as part of that Power Scan virtual event would have been great though.

That's what I think it is, the new design for the Netflix animated show rather than a 20XX reedition of the toys...

On 10/6/2020 at 2:15 PM, Mr_Scary92 said:

Technically yes, but technically the one showed during Power-Con was just a mock-up, this right here is the production sample.

I actually think its the exact same image only blown up a bit. I believe it came from a german site.

• Thanks 1

Mattel today posted on social media this blurry image of what appears to be the flag that has been featured on past Castle Grayskull playset.

Untitled__scaled_600.jpg

With the image they included the following caption:

BIG news coming tomorrow at 9am EST! Can you guess what it is?

Well the answer is, yes we can guess what it is. It's likely a tease for the previously rumored Masters of the Universe Origins Castle Grayskull playset which an image showed up for several weeks ago.

Eh96A0hXcAAAc44__scaled_600.jpg
We will be sure to update you all with the reveal and let you know if we were right.
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JayC said:

Mattel today posted on social media this blurry image of what appears to be the flag that has been featured on past Castle Grayskull playset.

Untitled__scaled_600.jpg

With the image they included the following caption:

BIG news coming tomorrow at 9am EST! Can you guess what it is?

Well the answer is, yes we can guess what it is. It's likely a tease for the previously rumored Masters of the Universe Origins Castle Grayskull playset which an image showed up for several weeks ago.

Eh96A0hXcAAAc44__scaled_600.jpg
We will be sure to update you all with the reveal and let you know if we were right.

Oh yeah... I can't wait for the news about this glorious playset.

Castle Grayskull: It’s the mighty Eternia fortress of mystery and power for He-Man and his foes! This diorama-style Castle Grayskull playset offers countless hours of creative action and adventurous fun for MOTU fans. Large-scale playset opens to reveal a four-room interior - great for storytelling play and display. Includes lots of MOTU themed accessories for maximum customization! Includes real working elevator and trap door that fans of the original are sure to love. Set also comes with a special edition Sorceress figure and can display all other Origins 5.5-inch figures (sold separately). Masters of the Universe fans will have a blast playing out MOTU scenes and inventing their own action stories in the famous structure known as the center of the battle between good and evil. By the power of Grayskull! Colors and decorations may vary.

The set is currently available for pre-order at Walmart, but it will be released everywhere that sells MOTU come the Spring of 2021. The playset costs $75.

MOTU-Origins-Grayskull-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Grayskull-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Grayskull-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Grayskull-04.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Grayskull-05.jpg

• Thanks 2

Definitely can’t wait for this set. The world needs more playsets!! Yikes ,poor Mer-man definitely needs some assist cause Man-at-Arms just put the smack down with that mace. Oh and Mattel gonna need those skeleton warriors Evil-Lyn seems to be controlling, preferably glow in the dark.Are those Horde symbols on those skeleton warriors? Possibly horde warriors who fell in battle at castle Grayskull?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:
Castle Grayskull: It’s the mighty Eternia fortress of mystery and power for He-Man and his foes! This diorama-style Castle Grayskull playset offers countless hours of creative action and adventurous fun for MOTU fans. Large-scale playset opens to reveal a four-room interior - great for storytelling play and display. Includes lots of MOTU themed accessories for maximum customization! Includes real working elevator and trap door that fans of the original are sure to love. Set also comes with a special edition Sorceress figure and can display all other Origins 5.5-inch figures (sold separately). Masters of the Universe fans will have a blast playing out MOTU scenes and inventing their own action stories in the famous structure known as the center of the battle between good and evil. By the power of Grayskull! Colors and decorations may vary.

The set is currently available for pre-order at Walmart, but it will be released everywhere that sells MOTU come the Spring of 2021. The playset costs $75.

MOTU-Origins-Grayskull-01.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Grayskull-02.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Grayskull-03.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Grayskull-04.jpg

MOTU-Origins-Grayskull-05.jpg

Wow... But is sold out 🙃 I want one...

2 questions:

Does the door open? 

I know origins are s bit smaller but wonder if it looks cool right Super7 figures.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

The door opens, As you can see in the second photo, it seems to me that the lock opens with the two halves of the power sword .

If you mean neo-vintage figures, I don't think there's any problem, but if you mean the classics, well, I think the castle would be more on the smaller side.

It's the classics. Just wanted as a BG piece. 

• Thanks 1

I was hoping to see a remake of Castle Grayskull but bigger and redesigned.  Same as what we are getting for Snake Mountain.  But it is only $75 dollars and it does come with a special edition Sorceress figure...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jsmooth said:

Don't you think that the green is kind of too bright?

Nope, as a matter of fact the colors are more eye catching that the old one... I like a lot the coloring details for the gate/door the accessories, the inside of the castle, the wood coloring in different parts of the castle, among other details...

19 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Nope, as a matter of fact the colors are more eye catching that the old one... I like a lot the coloring details for the gate/door the accessories, the inside of the castle, the wood coloring in different parts of the castle, among other details...

I do too.  I guess its the pics.  In some pics it looks like an aquamarine and in other pics it looks green.  I like when it looks green but not the aquamarine color.

• Thanks 1