JayC

MOTU Origins Going Retail Wide In November?!? - Pre-Orders At Amazon For Man-E-Faces, Orko, Scareglow And More

Mattel's new Masters of the Universe Origins line while seemingly widely liked by collectors has also been a source of frustration for many. The line started seeing release at the beginning of the year, but only at Walmart stores. Of course in typical Walmart fashion, many stores got little to no stock for these figures and carried in very low numbers online.

Suffice to say, finding the figures to actually be able to buy up until this point has been challenging to say the least. Originally it was said by Mattel that Walmart would have exclusive first dibs on the line for one year, but we are starting to see indications that November is when everyone will be able to start carrying the line.

Our first indication came the other day when we told you how a Florida based online distributor had started listing new Masters of the Universe Origins products including listings for a unannounced Masters of the Universe Origins Castle Grayskull playset which had a November release date listed.

Then yesterday we began hearing reports of Masters of the Universe Origins products showing up in the Target computer system which included that Castle Grayskull playset showing a $75 price point.

Now Amazon.com has started taking pre-orders for Masters of the Universe Origins figures with a November 15 release date.

Man-At-Arms

Evil-Lynn

Teela

Scare-Glow

Man-E-Faces

Orko - Is being sold by the Amazon Global Store right now

Beast Man

And my guess more will be showing up there soon.

MOTU-Origins-07__scaled_600.jpg

• Thanks 2

Excellent news!, now I can order some, it doesnt matter if it's not locally. I'm tired of depending on my local carrier.

• Thanks 1

I've also been able to confirm from sources I know to be reliable that Origins Grayskull is coming and will cost between $75-$80.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JayC said:

I've also been able to confirm from sources I know to be reliable that Origins Grayskull is coming and will cost between $75-$80.

Excellent!, I guess I will have to hold on this one due the size but great news.

• Thanks 1

I want to get into this line SO BAD, but with all the other stuff I collect, financially there's just no more room at the inn. Still, I f that Grayskull rumor turns out to be legit, that'll be more than I can stand. I know I'll end up spending a fortune on these.

• Thanks 1

It's extremely easy to find MOTU Origins now. I can go to any of the 10+ WMs in my area and find most of the figures at most stores. There are dozens of Skeletors and He-Mans all over the place and there is an enormous endcap at all of them. The mad rush to get these on week 1 is over so all the faux outrage shouldn't be a thing anymore. Of course I'm the guy that has found every single TMNT Target (found 7 Leatherhead 2pks, 2 Metal Heads, and 2 Casey Jones 2pks in one day and found 6-7 Bebop 2pks in 1 day when those were new) and TMNT WM 2pk (3 in one day) out in the wild and most of the Target GI Joe, too so maybe I'm just super lucky. However, MOTU is out there and easy to find.

Just remember with NECA stuff that the NECA rep is who stocks those and not the stores. The NECA ambassadors at each store snaps a pic of the NECA section and forwards it to the rep and that tells them when to restock. It's usually on Thursday or Friday when restock happens but when I found all those TMNT 2 pks mentioned above that was on a Monday or Tuesday. I know someone who is an ambassador at one of the Targets around here, so he explained it all to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, obs said:

It's extremely easy to find MOTU Origins now. I can go to any of the 10+ WMs in my area and find most of the figures at most stores. There are dozens of Skeletors and He-Mans all over the place and there is an enormous endcap at all of them. The mad rush to get these on week 1 is over so all the faux outrage shouldn't be a thing anymore. Of course I'm the guy that has found every single TMNT Target (found 7 Leatherhead 2pks, 2 Metal Heads, and 2 Casey Jones 2pks in one day and found 6-7 Bebop 2pks in 1 day when those were new) and TMNT WM 2pk (3 in one day) out in the wild and most of the Target GI Joe, too so maybe I'm just super lucky. However, MOTU is out there and easy to find.

Just remember with NECA stuff that the NECA rep is who stocks those and not the stores. The NECA ambassadors at each store snaps a pic of the NECA section and forwards it to the rep and that tells them when to restock. It's usually on Thursday or Friday when restock happens but when I found all those TMNT 2 pks mentioned above that was on a Monday or Tuesday. I know someone who is an ambassador at one of the Targets around here, so he explained it all to me.

That might be true for your area but many areas are still quit barren. My walmart finally got a bunch of Skeletors but nothing else. And of course who is going to buy Skeletor if they cant get he man to fight or Skeletors other henchmen. I've also see where many stores just get Battle Cat but nothing else. So again who is gonna buy Battle Cat if they cant find He-Man for him to ride on.  Again NECA dist sucks for many stores. My stores never have any TMNT stuff. Some areas which are areas generally near the shipping ports where the product arrives from overseas or near distribution warehouses have better stock, but many are pretty barren.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Archangel77 said:

didn’t see Orco and Trap Jaw. 😕

The only Orko that appears to me is one sold by "Amazon global store UK" , maybe that's why, Trap Jaw is not available yet, not even available in the UK or Germany where the remaining 3 figures from wave 2 have already been released, that's weird.

• Thanks 1

Wish we were seeing these in Canada, well at least I was, so hopefully now that they are not exclusive to Walmart I can find some here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Satam said:

¿Hablas español?

Si.

But I've already fixed the link, I guess.

• Thanks 1

Yeah Beast Man has been added and the Orko looks like is being sold through the Amazon Global store right now which means you have to pay more for shipping.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Ok, there's a only a placeholder for Trap Jaw: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089P24V1R/

There is some stuff on there also from secondary sellers on there so not sure if that is on there from that or if it will be going live soon like Beast Man.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JayC said:

There is some stuff on there also from secondary sellers on there so not sure if that is on there from that or if it will be going live soon like Beast Man.

It might be, though I'm inclined to think it's the placeholder for the one Amazon will sell, since Trap Jaw is not in the aftermarket yet, AFAIK.

• Thanks 1

This is great news, was able to pre-order Scareglow and Man-e with no issues, the way it should be. I'm tired of Walmarts nonsense, the stores around me have absolutely no Origins anywhere to be found and they don't seem to care about stocking their site at all so I'm beyond elated that Amazon is getting these. 

• Thanks 1

Would this be legitimate?, we were told that the deluxe figures, Panthor and all the rest would not be released until next spring.

119456808_10220245541747249_4210399450100961527_n[1].jpg

• Thanks 1

Glad that the collectors of this line can get them in more places now and not deal with Walmart and their $36 price tag debacle. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Would this be legitimate?, we were told that the deluxe figures, Panthor and all the rest would not be released until next spring.

119456808_10220245541747249_4210399450100961527_n[1].jpg

I think this more something that probably was planned before Covid... Then we got the news from Mattel Powercon about the real release date of some of these items.

Well it looks like most of these figures became unavailable... I will have to relay on hunting them in the Walmart app... I still  have to get me a Man-e-faces, Trap Jaw and Scare Glow...😃

3 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Well it looks like most of these figures became unavailable...

Shiz, I hadn't been able to place my order. 😢

• Thanks 1