What GI Joe toy have you never had but always wanted?

Phanstar

Just wondering? Any one out there still looking or hoping for that one thing?

I am not sure what it would be for me.  My collection has come and gone and come and gone again, but now it is here to stay.   So I would actually say something simple like a Terror Drome or a Defiant.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

For The Joes I always wanted the hovercraft.  For Cobra I wanted the Wolf.  Those were two that I never got.  To be truthful for cobra I always wanted the water moccasin, never had it as a kid, but was able to get one as an adult.  Still awesome!!!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been very blessed to have a large amount of what others would call 'grail pieces.'  However, there has been 3 major ones that I've never owned, either as a child or as an adult.

Terror Drome

USS Flagg

Defiant

If I can get my hands on those 3, I would consider my search pretty much done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crimson Twins said:

I have been very blessed to have a large amount of what others would call 'grail pieces.'  However, there has been 3 major ones that I've never owned, either as a child or as an adult.

Terror Drome

USS Flagg

Defiant

If I can get my hands on those 3, I would consider my search pretty much done.

The Defiant is the holly grail that  want for my collection one day...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

The Defiant is the holly grail that  want for my collection one day...

I usually try  not to dwell on what I didn't get, but yeah, not getting the Defiant was one of the great disappointments of my life. The Mobile Command Center comes up a distant second.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2021 at 4:06 PM, mako said:

I usually try  not to dwell on what I didn't get, but yeah, not getting the Defiant was one of the great disappointments of my life. The Mobile Command Center comes up a distant second.

I got the Mobil command center last year so for me it's the space that can make it or break it to get the Defiant...

• 1 month later...

For the record, while I was interested in G.I. Joe since I was young, I never had any figures.  To be fair, I would of been more interested in toys from Transformers, TMNT, The Real Ghostbusters, the Kenner Robocop line, and superheroes at the time I was young.  I suppose you could of added in the Terminator 2 line as well.

I never had G.I. Joe toys until around 2005 to 2007, shortly after the Valour V.S. Venom ended.  And didn't really get serious into G.I. Joe until 2008 after the 25th Anniversary stuff came out and getting a few more Valour V.S. Venom stuff at cheap prices.  Of course, by that time, I was starting to work as well, so I had income to buy more stuff than before, and branch out to other lines as well.

When I was young, I saw the ad for the 12" Hall Of Fame figures during the early 1990's.  Even if I was somewhat turned off of the "Doll-ish" looking figures and I would of preferred having the smaller scale figures, I have to admit, once I saw the ad saying you can remove Destro's helment/mask to see what he looks line underneath it, I kind of always wanted that figure, just because I though it was a cool feature to finally see my favourite Cobra's real face.  Who knows, if I did, I may have had a much better appreciation for these style of figures back then(As I have even more so now. and like this style).  It's the only thing I can think of from what I knew the original line had back when I was young that I really wanted. 

From the original approx 4" line, given what I really liked at the time from the cartoon, I suppose I would of wanted Destro, Cobra Commander, Cobra Trooper or Viper or sorts, Duke, maybe Scarlett(Long before I even knew her name, I always thought she was cool, though who knows if I saw the figure, how I would of felt at the time), Sgt. Slaughter, maybe General Hawk, and the Conquest X-30 is probably the only vehicle I would of wanted at the timeframe.

From the 2000's to DTC, here's a list of stuff I really wanted when I saw them or knew about them at the time(Not counting the stuff I've found out about in recent years, or that I've had a change of heart about):

- Valour V.S. Venom The Ninja Dojo Set.  

- 2000's Dusty with Law And Order, and Black suited Serpentor with Shock Viper 2 packs.

- The Joe V.S. Cobra Scarlett V.S. Zartan 2 Pack.

- Spytroops Lady Jaye V.S. Iron Grenadier 2 pack.  I really like that look for Lady Jaye.

- Valour V.S. Venom blue suit Baroness V.S. Hard Drive, Dr. Mindbender V.S. Hi-Tech, Cobra Commander V.S. Dr. Link Tablot(Just for the swapping mask and helment feature for Cobra Commander), and Final Wave Frositbite V.S. Snow Wolf 2 packs.

- DTC Cobra Trooper.

- For the Exclusive 6 Packs, I know I've always wanted the Vipers set, the BAT Attack set, the Night Force set with Action Man(Just to have Action Man in 4" scale), and the set that had Joe Colton and G.I. Jane.

- A few of the Comic Book 3 Packs, mainly the set with the regular Scarlett with skis, the one with Stalker, Strom Shadow, and Snake Eyes from their Vietnam days, and the set with Cover Girl and Spirit.  

- 12" Valour V.S. Venom Cobra Commander.  Always was on and off about it, and even if I wasn't doing 12" figures at the time, it was 1 that has always caught my eye.  Regret not getting it down the road.

8" Sigma 6 Style: The ones that I really want are Cobra Firefly, both Black with Silver Cape and the Shiny Sliver Cobra Commander's, Iron Grenadier, Dark Ninja Master, Night Ops Snake Eyes, the TRU 3 pack(Especially for the Gear), maybe the Toxic Zartan, and Adventure Team Storm Shadow with Tiger set.  

25th Anniversary And Onwards(Not counting the ones I've had a change of heart about in recent years):

- The 25th Anniversary Cobra Fang and Claw set.  The only versions of these vehicles I really want.  Only saw it a few times, as it's the only 25th Anniversary vehicle set I really want left.

- POC City Strike Destro.  Man, that is 1 I truly would like to have.  Maybe only saw it once and never saw it again.  The only thing that still stings me a bit.

- Resolute Multipack with Jetpack Duke, Cobra Commander, some troopers, and a BAT.  Far as I know, never came to Canada.

- The Zombie Viper.  Mostly would of prefer the 2 Pack.

- 12" Figures: ROC Destro, and ROC Cobra Commander.  Also, the Paratrooper and the Firefighter from the 30th Anniversary line.

- A few of the Wave 2 and onwards TRU Exclusive 50th Anniversary multipacks packs, since they never came to Canada.

- Wal-mart Exclusive Retro Scarlett.  Okay, maybe that's a cheat, since it's a more recent release from last year, but since I saw pics of it, I wanted it.

I'll admit, quite a lot, but these are the stuff that really stand out to me that I've always wanted.  Of course, not going to cover the current 6" Classified yet, as it's still new line, with figures coming out and such.  Plus, I've gotten the 2 I really wanted already, as anything else to date, it's a waiting game for them to come out.

• Like 1