G.I. Joe Retro Wave 2 Figures Revealed?!?

JayC

The folks at The Full Force have posted an image they credit to a Shaun Hume stating it's our first look at Hasbro's second wave of Walmart exclusive 3 3/4" G.I. Joe Retro figures. We can't confirm the legitimacy of the image, but the figures shown do match up with the Walmart computer listings we have seen for the wave. The images show figures of V1 Roadblock, Scarlett and Destro. Like before all three figures are featured on cardbacks that pay tribute to the original G.I. Joe A Real American Hero line.

GIJoe-Retro-Wave-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, much like the first wave, I already have these figures. I'm also losing my tolerance for Hasttel's B.S. I WOULD be happy to show them where they can put their "Deluxe" figures, HasLab garbage, and their "Tribute" lines. It won't be any trouble, I only need one finger.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JayC said:
The folks at The Full Force have posted an image they credit to a Shaun Hume stating it's our first look at Hasbro's second wave of Walmart exclusive 3 3/4" G.I. Joe Retro figures. We can't confirm the legitimacy of the image, but the figures shown do match up with the Walmart computer listings we have seen for the wave. The images show figures of V1 Roadblock, Scarlett and Destro. Like before all three figures are featured on cardbacks that pay tribute to the original G.I. Joe A Real American Hero line.

GIJoe-Retro-Wave-2.jpg

Great, I will hunt these figures...

Scarlett and Roadblock looks to have new head sculp which is awesome... Destro is the 50th anniversary version which is a great figure. I like them and I will pre order them when they are available...

Probably at the next Hasbro YouTube streaming of the 24th and 25th...

While I know it’s unlikely my real hope for this line is to get some figures we never got to in our other 3-3/4” modern era lineups instead of just more figures that long time 3-3/4” Joe collectors already have.  

Between 2007 and 2018 we received an amazing collection of 3-3/4” Joes but we still never got to characters like Golobulus, Overlord, Headman, Backblast, Super Trooper, General Flagg, Col Courage, Sgt. Savage, Sparks, remaining members of the Plague, etc etc.  I realize that with Hasbro’s focus on A-list characters all of this is unlikely but that’s what I’m hoping for.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Some better images, I am sorry but that scarlett does not look good.

yeah . not digging the reuse of Shooter torso with Helix legs and lady Jaye hands . I don't see why they couldn't reuse the lower arms from the Resolute Scarlet at least the gloves would been closer to her original look ,I think what kills it for me on the torso is the painted armor pad. if it had been a retool with sculpted part and a grenade on the off shoulder it would look fine. 

While in a way i am interested on this 2nd wave of the "retro" line, i do have to agree the Scarlett figure looks off, maybe it's just the hair that doesn't look so well and I'm guessing they put her ponytail but i could be wrong on that, not to mention those gloves look too short for my taste, the crossbow I'm debating whether i like it or not.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Anyone who wants these, they are apparently stating to show up at Walmart stores now. Not that I am looking to collect these but I don't think my Walmart ever got wave 1.

Really? I have to hunt them in that case... Safari time!