JayC

NECA 7" Back To The Future Figures In-Hand Images

NECA posted on their social media some in-hand images for their upcoming Back To The Future II Marty and Back To The Future Biff Ultimate 7" figures which have already started seeing release in Asia. They say the first wave will be hitting shelves here in the US any day now. All these figures are available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Also here is a video from Toy Mind showing an even better look at the Back To The Future II Marty. We've included some screencaps below as well.

Back-To-The-Future-01.jpg

Back-To-The-Future-02.jpg

Back-To-The-Future-03.jpg

Back-To-The-Future-04.jpg

Back-To-The-Future-05.jpg

Back-To-The-Future-06.jpg

Back-To-The-Future-07.jpg

Not bad, I like the detail on McFly's face and the accesories, but I'm still a little reluctant to get some Neca figure based on my past experiences with their figures. 🤔

2 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Not bad, I like the detail on McFly's face and the accesories, but I'm still a little reluctant to get some Neca figure based on my past experiences with their figures. 🤔

Yeah, their quality control leaves a lot to be desired.

The poor quality, their constant problems with licensing, making one character and ignoring the rest of the franchise is why I stopped collecting NECA.

42 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

The poor quality, their constant problems with licensing, making one character and ignoring the rest of the franchise is why I stopped collecting NECA.

They also frequently make mind boggling design choices.

Yesterday we gave you a look courtesy of Toy Mind at the 7" Back To The Future II Marty McFly figure coming from NECA. Today Toy Mind is back giving us a look at the new Biff Tannen figure. This version of Biff is from the 50's, so it's in keeping with both the first and second movies, however the accessories cater more to the second film. Check out the video and screen caps of the figure below. The figures are already out in Asia and NECA says should be hitting shelves here in the United States any day now. You can pre-order these at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

BTTF-NECA-Biff-01.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-02.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-03.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-04.png

BTTF-NECA-Biff-05.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-06.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-07.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-08.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-09.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-10.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-11.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-12.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-13.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-14.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-15.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-16.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-17.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-18.jpg

BTTF-NECA-Biff-19.jpg

For some reason Biff's face looks effeminate to me, I don't know, as if he had makeup and lipstick.

I’m excited for these.  Might have to go ahead and pull the trigger on shipping my pile of loot shortly after these arrive.  

10 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

For some reason Biff's face looks effeminate to me, I don't know, as if he had makeup and lipstick.

Its weird, he seems to look a bit like a stereotypical lesbian? like its like semi masculine traits but with a feminine touch. They emphasized his lips too much and gave him some other make up. There is something about his overall face that seems off. 

• Like 1

I like that NECA got the height difference between Marty and Biff correct.

On another note, I am really on the fence about this line. If we knew the car was coming along and it would not cost $200 I would be all in. But right now I'm doubtful. I think it will be all or nothing for me with car as the over/under.

Edited by Spack
Added more comment

NECA has released new official images for their 7" Marty McFly figure based on the first movie which they say will be out in early October. You can pre-order all of these figures from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Marty-03.jpg

Marty-02.jpg

Marty-01.jpg

Marty-04.jpg

Marty-05.jpg

Marty-06.jpg

Marty-07.jpg

Marty-08.jpg

Marty-09.jpg

Marty-10.jpg

Marty-11.jpg

Marty-18.jpg

Marty-19.jpg

Marty-20.jpg

Marty-21.jpg

2 hours ago, Satam said:

He does look pretty good.  And it has me wondering when they'll make a 1985 Doc Brown?

No love for Western versions :)

20 hours ago, JayC said:

No love for Western versions :)

I would normally say that knowing NECA we would get Doc Brown and Marty in their western outfits, maybe Buford Tannen and just for giggles the colorful cowboy outfit that Marty wore when he traveled to the Old West but then again they might not have the license for the third movie or Randy might not like the third movie and have no interest in making figures based on it. 

Further thought on this line: since there is no hint of the time machine coming from NECA in this scale and even if there were one coming, the price point would really be up there.

So my theoretical questionfor discussion is, why can't or wouldn't NECA make a line of these figures in  1/15th or 1/18th scale to match the Delorean cars that have already been put out by companies like Sunstar or I think Diamond Select? You can still get these vehicles for a fairly reasonable price on the secondary market.