Mortal Kombat 11 Bloody Variants - Spawn, Baraka And Raiden Figures From McFarlane Toys

JayC

McFarlane Toys has announced new bloody variants for their 7" Mortal Kombat 11 line.

The battle begins... Baraka featured in his Bloody Horkata skin, Spawn in his Blood Feud Hunter skin and Raiden featured in his Bloody White Hot Fury skin will be coming out next month in limited availability.

Mortal-Kombat-11-Bloody-Variants.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is not a good idea to have a "blood" variant on a skin thats already red/white. Like that just clashes so hard and loses the effect of being a friggin bloody variant. Who is making these design choices?!!!? 

12 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I think he's already reached a point where his status allows him to do anything and yet there will be many fans who will support him and this variants thing will be like a "signature" for McFarlane Toys.

It already kinda is.  A lot more companies used to do it but smartly abandoned the practice. Todd's been doing it since almost the beginning.

I guess you could say in this case the bloody thing works given the nature of the game but still the whole variant thing is getting old. If I remember correctly this line only had two figures released when they were already making exclusive variants.

16 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I guess you could say in this case the bloody thing works given the nature of the game but still the whole variant thing is getting old. If I remember correctly this line only had two figures released when they were already making exclusive variants.

Old Todd would have made bloody variants for the Lost figures if ABC had let him.

Today McFarlane Toys announced two new variant figures being released for their Mortal Kombat 11 line of 7" action figures. Scorpion (The Shadow Skin) and Sub-Zero (Winter Purple Skin) will be released in January 2021.

Motal-Kombat-Variant-01.jpg

Motal-Kombat-Variant-02.jpg

Straight up i collect this line and have everything they've released. But i will note that Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the weakest figures in this line by far. They're hard to pose and their proportions seem off. Instead of boring repaints in colours nobody asked for (who honestly wants a purple sub-zero?) It would have been good if they'd given us a new body types to strengthen what is possibly the two most popular characters in the entire franchise. Even if they couldnt do that they could have mixed up the head and weapons a little. Maybe the Back to Basics skin. It's not that much different but it's better than a purple sub-zero ... 

sub zero.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Krunomo said:

Straight up i collect this line and have everything they've released. But i will note that Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the weakest figures in this line by far. They're hard to pose and their proportions seem off. Instead of boring repaints in colours nobody asked for (who honestly wants a purple sub-zero?) It would have been good if they'd given us a new body types to strengthen what is possibly the two most popular characters in the entire franchise. Even if they couldnt do that they could have mixed up the head and weapons a little. Maybe the Back to Basics skin. It's not that much different but it's better than a purple sub-zero ... 

I was going to say something similar, if hes going to bring out variants, make them like they did with that variant scorpion with the different mask. Give us new parts! Also I would love if he would just release a new costume of theirs instead of seeing these over and over again. These variants are video game accurate but they dont make for interesting figures if only the colors are different in a game made for customization. I wouldve loved to see new parts like a new mask, new kunais, new swords, etc like it is in the game. The bloody variants would make sense if they werent on such a clashy skin of red and white, like wtf. Also I have hated the proportions on these figures specifically. I ve wanted to get a sub zero from MK11 (altho I absolutely hate his costume) Id love to get one that had maybe his classic or one of his other variations instead. I just cant get over their janky proportions and what looks to be awful articulation. 

• 2 weeks later...
We first told you about this figure last month, but now we have new official images for the upcoming Mortal Kombat 11 Sub-Zero 7" Variant (Winter Purple Skin). There is also a Scorpion (The Shadow Skin) figure in the works, but they have not yet released new official images for that one yet. Look for this figure to be released soon.

Sub-Zero-Winter-Purple-Skin-01.jpg

Sub-Zero-Winter-Purple-Skin-02.jpg

Sub-Zero-Winter-Purple-Skin-03.jpg

Sub-Zero-Winter-Purple-Skin-04.jpg

Sub-Zero-Winter-Purple-Skin-05.jpg

Sub-Zero-Winter-Purple-Skin-06.jpg

Sub-Zero-Winter-Purple-Skin-07.jpg