DC Multiverse 7" Dark Nights: Death Metal Batcycle Announced From McFarlane Toys

JayC

I'm not saying these things aren't good, cuz they are. I've been tempted several times to just try one out, but I've been strong to resist. I'm not over the fact that McFarlane decided to scale up to 7" because it was more comfortable for him rather than continue the 6" scale which is what many fans wanted. Then the recent revelation of the figure redesign Dave Vonner was trying to propose for the 6" line shows up and it just throws salt in the wound.

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2020 at 5:06 PM, JayC said:

McFarlane Toys has announced a new vehicle for their 7" scale DC Multiverse line. It's the Batcycle based on the Dark Nights: Death Metal storyline. Look for it to be released in January 2021.

Dark-Nights-Metal-Batcycle.jpg

So Batman rides a giant skeletal rat?

McFarlane Toys has released a new image showing their off their upcoming Death Metal Batman And Batcycle . The figure is part of the wave that also includes figures of The Drowned, Red Sun Superman and Damien Robin. The Batcycle is sold separately and all these should be out by January 2021.

Batbike.jpg

It's not clear if this is an actual Walmart exclusive, but it is the first place here in the United States to put up for pre-oder the new DC Multiverse 7" Arkham Asylum Batman And Joker 2-Pack. They list it with a November 20th release date.

Batman-Arkham-Boxset-06.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Boxset-07.jpg

1.jpeg

Batman-Arkham-Boxset-01.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Boxset-02.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Boxset-03.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Boxset-04.jpg

Batman-Arkham-Boxset-05.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 6:06 AM, JayC said:

McFarlane Toys has announced a new vehicle for their 7" scale DC Multiverse line. It's the Batcycle based on the Dark Nights: Death Metal storyline. Look for it to be released in January 2021.

Dark-Nights-Metal-Batcycle.jpg

I'm still on the fence whether to get that batman metal, despite the fact that he can actually ride this Batcycle. But i'm definitely getting this bike for my Skeletor... haha... i can see it right now :) Skelly Metal, ain't that badass!!

On 9/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, JayC said:

The Robin doesnt look quit as good here as he does in the PR image. I think cause here the colors are much brighter.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 9.25.51 PM.jpg

Yup. i think so too. If anything, Todd is out for a buck and would go at any lengths to capture his target market... DC fan or not. I'm sure this Robin will look great when it get released.

On 9/12/2020 at 6:22 AM, SpiderS said:

Death Metal does have some really cool designs and I would love to see some of them made into figures, and McFarlane doesn't disappoint, however, it does seem they are heavily prioritizing modern comics stuff instead of more classic looks.  

At least, now he seemed to have heard us. Red Son Sups--I'll get 2 or 3 of that. Love the story and great as a gift. Hope it's not an exclusive (soooooo sooooo sad if it is)... Finally the boy wonder, but I think I'll get him if he's Tim Drake, instead of Damian Wayne. The Bat Cycle, I can't let that pass... It'll be a MOTUC vehicle for me haha

Shown below are official images for the upcoming DC Multiverse 7" Batman Death Metal Batcycle which is now available for pre-order at Target. This is NOT a Target exclusive, but they do list it with a January 10 release date.

Note the Batman figure will be sold separately from the bike. The retail price for the bike is $24.99.

Batman-Death-Metal-Batcycle-DC-Multiverse-Vehicle-01.jpg

Batman-Death-Metal-Batcycle-DC-Multiverse-Vehicle-02.jpg

Batman-Death-Metal-Batcycle-DC-Multiverse-Vehicle-03.jpg

Batman-Death-Metal-Batcycle-DC-Multiverse-Vehicle-04.jpg

Batman-Death-Metal-Batcycle-DC-Multiverse-Vehicle-05.jpg

Batman-Death-Metal-Batcycle-DC-Multiverse-Vehicle-06.jpg

Batman-Death-Metal-Batcycle-DC-Multiverse-Vehicle-07.jpg

4 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

And in my country I estimate it at a price of $45 bucks, justifying the in the size...oh the humanity.

My estimate this'll be sold at around $25 to $30 only. Todd's huge figs is at $19 (online) so it's not so much a stretch to think that this bike will not cost more than $30. I'm not sure about your country :) The location you indicated on your profile could mean it'll be really overpriced :) 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Shown below are new official images for the upcoming 7" DC Multiverse wave which will include Death Metal Batman, The Drowned, Red Sun Superman and Damien Robin.

There will be two versions of the Death Metal Batman figure released. This one with the Scythe weapon and then a second with a guitar that will be part of the recently announced Dark Father Build-A-Figure wave.

This wave is starting to go up for pre-order now at the big box retailers and will be available everywhere that sells DC Multiverse figures.

Death-Metals-01.jpg

Death-Metals-02.jpg

Death-Metals-03.jpg

Death-Metals-04.jpg

Death-Metals-05.jpg

Death-Metals-06.jpg

Death-Metals-07.jpg

Death-Metals-08.jpg

Death-Metals-09.jpg

Death-Metals-10.jpg

Death-Metals-11.jpg

Death-Metals-12.jpg

Death-Metals-13.jpg

Death-Metals-14.jpg

Death-Metals-15.jpg

Death-Metals-16.jpg

Death-Metals-17.jpg

Death-Metals-18.jpg

Death-Metals-19.jpg

Death-Metals-20.jpg

Death-Metals-21.jpg

Death-Metals-22.jpg

Death-Metals-23.jpg

Death-Metals-24.jpg

Death-Metals-25.jpg

Death-Metals-26.jpg

Death-Metals-27.jpg

Death-Metals-28.jpg

Death-Metals-29.jpg

Death-Metals-30.jpg

Death-Metals-31.jpg

Death-Metals-32.jpg

Death-Metals-33.jpg

Death-Metals-34.jpg

Death-Metals-35.jpg

Death-Metals-36.jpg

Death-Metals-37.jpg

Death-Metals-38.jpg

Death-Metals-39.jpg

Death-Metals-40.jpg

Death-Metals-41.jpg

Death-Metals-42.jpg

Death-Metals-43.jpg

Death-Metals-44.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 6:48 AM, Satam said:

No mistake. Soviet Superman is the "Red Son" version. It says "Red Son" all over the package Todd showed off in his video.

Yes Red Son... alternative earth Supes... can still be de-powered by the red sun LOL... Still a gold star to the Toddster for making this happen! Glad it's not a BAF... sometimes that disappoints ... More power and more diversity, Todd... less reign of the Batmen-ishhhhh, pls LOL