DC Multiverse 7" Dark Nights: Death Metal Batcycle Announced From McFarlane Toys

JayC

This looks amazing! I will buy it. I'm thinking it means we're going to get a lot of Death Metal designed characters soon. Which I'll be fine with as long as they do more than just a new round of Batmen. Death Metal Wonder Woman & Superman would both look great. Also, Lobo & Jonah Hex both have big roles in the story. I'd love to see all of them get made.

Earlier this week we saw McFarlane Toys revealed their DC Multiverse 7" Dark Nights: Death Metal Batcycle. Today during a DCFandome panel, Todd McFarlane showed off a prototype for an upcoming 7" DC Multiverse DC Metal Batman The Drowned figure.

Now both the Batcycle and The Drowned figure showed up in overseas pre-orders that also included a listings for a Red Sun Superman and Damien Robin. Those have not been confirmed by McFarlane but seem like a good bet will be coming soon.

One final thing, thanks to the overseas retailer HobbyBase, we also have a look at an upcoming DC Multiverse 2-Pack featuring repaints of the Arkham Batman and Joker figures. Its not a great look but you can tell Joker has green around his mouth and on his sleeve. The headsculpt also appears to be the same one used with the Chase Bronze Joker figure. Batman has green on his arm as well and looks like has been dirtied up. No word on when, how or where this set will be released in the US.

Arhham-2pack.jpg

DC-Metals-Drowned.jpg

35 minutes ago, JayC said:
Earlier this week we saw McFarlane Toys revealed their DC Multiverse 7" Dark Nights: Death Metal Batcycle. Today during a DCFandome panel, Todd McFarlane showed off a prototype for an upcoming 7" DC Multiverse DC Metal Batman The Drowned figure.

Now both the Batcycle and The Drowned figure showed up in overseas pre-orders that also included a listings for a Red Sun Superman and Damien Robin. Those have not been confirmed by McFarlane but seem like a good bet will be coming soon.

One final thing, thanks to the overseas retailer HobbyBase, we also have a look at an upcoming DC Multiverse 2-Pack featuring repaints of the Arkham Batman and Joker figures. Its not a great look but you can tell Joker has green around his mouth and on his sleeve. The headsculpt also appears to be the same one used with the Chase Bronze Joker figure. Batman has green on his arm as well and looks like has been dirtied up. No word on when, how or where this set will be released in the US.

Arhham-2pack.jpg

DC-Metals-Drowned.jpg

I'm forgetting why the green.  It's not blood, and Joker wasn't sick yet in Arkham Asylum.  Is it venom?

I don't see them moving away from Batman anytime soon WB, DC love sticking Batman or Batman related characters everywhere. Mcfarlane has said that Batman is his favorite character after Spawn, that coupled with the fact that a lot people love anything Batman and you have a Batman heavy action figure line.

5 hours ago, Satam said:

I'm forgetting why the green.  It's not blood, and Joker wasn't sick yet in Arkham Asylum.  Is it venom?

For Arkham City's black and white marketing style, Joker had that green stuff coming from his mouth. It looks weird here because the figures themselves aren't black and white.

10 minutes ago, AndyTrevino said:

9033987e67c0a626481e7ddab3b853fa.thumb.jpg.0a481e6cea44eaba1cdc606d19813a34.jpg

Yeah, man, I remember this very well.  My wife and I were in San Diego for Comic Con the July before the game came out. I had traded for an Arkham City WB bag that had the black and white Batman on it, there was a huge billboard on one side of Petco Park with Batman and one with this Joker image on the other side, and we went to the Arkham City panel where they couldn't actually talk about the game and Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill just told Batman the Animated Series the whole time.  The "WTF?" was for Todd.

• Like 1

Last week we got our first look at the new DC Multiverse 7" Arkham Ayslum Batman and Joker 2-Pack coming from McFarlane Toys.

We now have better images of the set to share with you as well as letting you know that it is available for purchase from our sponsor Robotkingdom.

Robotkingdom is an overseas etailer that ships to the US, but still no word from McFarlane themselves on how, when or where this set will be released in the United States.

Arkham-2-pack-01__scaled_600.jpg

Arkham-2-pack-02__scaled_600.jpg

Arkham-2-pack-03__scaled_600.jpg

The figures are repaints of the single-pack Batman and Joker figures McFarlane already released. Originally I thought this 2-pack Joker was using the headsculpt from the Bronze Chase variant version, but with the new images it looks like it's the same one from the regular release with added green paint around the mouth, torso and arm. The Batman figure has added green on the sleeve as well as brown to mimic mud. Oh and there appears to be an added tire accessory included with the set.

I am not entirely sure, but I believe the green is meant to be a nod to black and white artwork that was originally released for the game.

Black-And-White__scaled_600.jpg

McFarlane has become notorious for the use of variant repaints in their action figure lines, so if there is a different color reference for something out there that they can find, it's a safe bet we will see it in figure form sooner or later, especially when it comes to Batman.

We told you this wave was coming the other week, but now we have the official reveal for the next round of DC Multiverse figures from McFarlane Toys. This wave will feature The Drowned, Red Sun Superman, Damien Robin and Death Metal Batman to go with that Batcycle shown off previously. Look for this wave to be released in January 2021.

DC-Multiverse-01.jpg

DC-Multiverse-02.jpg

DC-Multiverse-03.jpg

DC-Multiverse-04.jpg

Drowned looks amazing, I especially love how she was posed in the box that Todd showed, could be my first figure from this line. As for Supes It's kinda disappointing that he still has single Jointed elbows and no reportedly fists, like c'mon. Damien Is cool but that head is little too cartoonish for me, would love alternative head that could be more realistic. Metal Batman is really cool detailed figure, I think that head can be amazing for DKR customs.