Dune Official Trailer Online Now

JayC

Oscar nominee Denis Villeneuve (“Arrival,” “Blade Runner 2049”) directs Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures’ “Dune,” the big-screen adaptation of Frank Herbert’s seminal bestseller of the same name.

A mythic and emotionally charged hero’s journey, “Dune” tells the story of Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, who must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet’s exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence—a commodity capable of unlocking humanity’s greatest potential—only those who can conquer their fear will survive.

Cast: Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Zendaya, Stellan Skarsgard, Josh Brolin, Dave Bautista, Oscar Isaac, Javier Bardem
Director: Denis Villeneuve

The film is slated to be released in theaters on December 18, 2020.

Dune.jpg

The Harkonnens are creepier with no hair than with freaky red hair, I guess.  Also the sandworm looks like a giant colon. I'd be lying if I said it didn't look good. Unfortunately, I have my doubts this will do well enough to get part 2 greenlit, which could really suck because this movie will only be covering the first half of the book's story.

It looks pretty good, my hopes are high due to Blade Runner 2049, Dennis Villeneuve really knows how to direct great movies although they are rarely box office hits, my only fear is cast being way too large,  but I'm hoping this story will also have sorta of intimate feeling like Blade runner 2049 and Arrival that will mainly focus on just two-three characters.  and Ok I really have to read Dune, book that I bought like 3 years ago. 

1 hour ago, mako said:

I will give it this, Rebecca Ferguson's Lady Jessica is easy on the eyes, she's no Francessca Annis, but she's easy on the eyes.

I like her a lot. Did you see Doctor Sleep?  She's an outstanding actress.  I'd argue Rebecca Ferguson is a better actress than Francesca Annis, and I'm assuming Denis Villanueve will give her more to work with than David Lynch gave his Lady Jessica.

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I never read the book  or seen the original movie, is that that the one with Kyle MacLachlan? A lot of people have recommended that I read the book but I have never gotten around to it. I recently saw a post where someone said that this new movie will not top the miniseries that SyFy channel did. How many adaptations are there?

1 hour ago, Belmont13 said:

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I never read the book  or seen the original movie, is that that the one with Kyle MacLachlan? A lot of people have recommended that I read the book but I have never gotten around to it. I recently saw a post where someone said that this new movie will not top the miniseries that SyFy channel did. How many adaptations are there?

Yes.
It's a good book.  The 1984 movie, no so much.  But it is super weird.
Threre are now four adaptations, counting the Syfy Miniseries sequel Children of Dune (based on more than the sequel books Children of Dune and Dune: Messiah, if I remember correctly), and even more than that if you count video and pc games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I never read the book  or seen the original movie, is that that the one with Kyle MacLachlan? 

Yeah, that's the one. It's a little weird, but then so was the book. It's got a cast that puts this little remake to shame though: Kyle MacLachlan, Patrick Stewart, Sting, Francessca Annis, Sean Young, etc.

A word of advice though, if you wanna see it, go for the deep-dive and track down the 4 hour cut. It's worth the trouble.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mako said:

Yeah, that's the one. It's a little weird, but then so was the book. It's got a cast that puts this little remake to shame though: Kyle MacLachlan, Patrick Stewart, Sting, Francessca Annis, Sean Young, etc.

A word of advice though, if you wanna see it, go for the deep-dive and track down the 4 hour cut. It's worth the trouble.

Dude, Sting was a terrible actor.  I don't know what movie he was worse in, Dune or The Bride. 
I totally agree with you, though, about finding the longest version of the 1984 movie possible, but in my research, I've never been able to find a cut that was much longer than three hours, and that includes the version that was shown on HBO in the '80s and then later sometimes on Encore and Starz, which is the version that doesn't cut out all the scenes with Paul and Jamis and doesn't always have the blue in the eyes of the Fremen.  It also only appears to only be available from retailers overseas unless one has access to an old VHS tape or something.

20 minutes ago, Satam said:

Dude, Sting was a terrible actor.  I don't know what movie he was worse in, Dune or The Bride. 
I totally agree with you, though, about finding the longest version of the 1984 movie possible, but in my research, I've never been able to find a cut that was much longer than three hours, and that includes the version that was shown on HBO in the '80s and then later sometimes on Encore and Starz, which is the version that doesn't cut out all the scenes with Paul and Jamis and doesn't always have the blue in the eyes of the Fremen.  It also only appears to only be available from retailers overseas unless one has access to an old VHS tape or something.

It's the internet age my friend, if I looked hard enough, I could probably find the five minutes of footage of my right foot I took when I got bored at my uncle's 50th birthday 20 years ago.

As for Sting, I never said he was a great actor, but he was there, and unlike most of the cast of the remake, he did it while he was still relevant.

I will check out both the book and the movie when I get a chance. As for the new cast I like the majority(Brolin, Isaac, Skargard, Bardem, Ferguson) don't know how great they will be in this, though. As someone who is not familiar with the source material or the other adaptations, I gotta say this trailer did little to get me interested in the movie. 

1 hour ago, mako said:

As for Sting, I never said he was a great actor, but he was there, and unlike most of the cast of the remake, he did it while he was still relevant.

I find the implication that actors like Josh Brolin, Oscar Isaac, Stellan Skarsgard, Rebecca Ferguson, Dave Bautista, Jason Momoa, and up and comers Timothee Chalamet and Zendaya aren't relevant a bit myopic and very subjective, but okay.

6 hours ago, Satam said:

I find the implication that actors like Josh Brolin, Oscar Isaac, Stellan Skarsgard, Rebecca Ferguson, Dave Bautista, Jason Momoa, and up and comers Timothee Chalamet and Zendaya aren't relevant a bit myopic and very subjective, but okay.

It's nothing against the actors, celebrity's just a fickle mistress. I'm actually a big fan of Momoa and Zendaya, but it is what it is. When Warhol talked about 15 minutes of fame, he was being generous.

• 2 weeks later...