ThunderCats Ultimates Figures I Want To See From Super7

JayC

19 minutes ago, jsmooth said:

I have a feeling they will make the Thundertank and the Castle of Lions...but be prepared to shell out some serious dough!!!!!

Oh man if they ever make the castle of lions I have zero clue where I will put it.  Lol

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

ntroducing four new Thundercats ULTIMATES! figures from Super7, including one character never made before in toy form - ever! There’s Snowman of Hook Mountain and Lynx-O bolstering the Thundercats, while the latest villains include Monkian and Pumm-Ra. All four figures will be available for purchase during a one month window only. Each features a collection of accessories worthy of any collectors’ highest shelf. You can pre-order these at Super7.

Lynx-O
Lynx-O, the wise old warrior, and the great seer without sight. Featuring a Tile from the Fountain of healing water, a light shield, as well as an alternate head and hands.

Monkian
Monkian features a cannon shield, mace, blaster, as well as an alternate head and hands.

Pumm-Ra
Presenting: Mumm-ra’s short-lived Thunderian alter ego, Pumm-Ra! The clandestine supervillain comes with a wrapped Sword of Omens, a communicator, alternate head and hands, Claw Shield, and a soft goods robe. Also included is an additional Snarling Mumm-Ra head that is scaled to fit to our previously released Mumm-Ra the Ever Living figure.

Snowman
It’s the Third Earth dwelling, ice-weapon-wielding, behemoth sized Thundercat ally – It’s Snowman of Hook Mountain! Snowman includes a collection of ice weaponry, two sets of alternate hands, and a special helmeted head.

Unfortunately no Snowmeow with Snowman.

ThunderCats-Wave-4-01.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-02.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-03.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-04.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-05.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-16.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-17.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-06.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-07.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-08.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-09.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-10.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-11.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-12.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-13.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-14.jpg

ThunderCats-Wave-4-15.jpg

Also included is an additional Snarling Mumm-Ra head that is scaled to fit to our previously released Mumm-Ra the Ever Living figure.

JayC, can you confirm if indeed Pumm-Ra comes with an extra Mumm-Ra head?

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Did anyone get wave 1? Just curious what people's thoughts from those who got them are?

I got Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. Great amount of accessories, outstanding packaging and great previously see figures from the Matty collector era. Figures were updated with plenty of goodies plus the second head on each of them. I have no complains...

11 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I like that Super 7 is making specific episodes characters so that means no kitties left behind...

I hope that they go the Mattycollector MOTU route and make all kinds of figures.  Mattycollector made cartoon figs, mini comic figs, unproduced concept figs, and even DC?Marvel comic figs.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I got Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. Great amount of accessories, outstanding packaging and great previously see figures from the Matty collector era. Figures were updated with plenty of goodies plus the second head on each of them. I have no complains...

Me either.  I love the accessories and the multiple heads!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Also included is an additional Snarling Mumm-Ra head that is scaled to fit to our previously released Mumm-Ra the Ever Living figure.

Yeah, I don't see one in the pic.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Pumm Ra was a very, very odd choice for a figure.

Why is it odd? They're probably going to make every single character from the show as long as sales continue, so this isn't odd at all. Pumm-Ra isn't some character no one has ever heard of, he's from a fan favorite episode. There are no odd figures.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, obs said:

Why is it odd? They're probably going to make every single character from the show as long as sales continue, so this isn't odd at all. Pumm-Ra isn't some character no one has ever heard of, he's from a fan favorite episode. There are no odd figures.

True.  But if this line gets taken from them like the MOTU line did it would be nice for them to have made some of the more memorable figures first before they go into ones that are more obscure.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

It doesnt, I think it was wrongly labled or you read it wrong, its the other way around, the Pumm-Ra figure comes with an extra bigger scaled Snarling Pumm-Ra head (it seems to be the same sculpt as the normal snaring head only done in a slightly larger scale) this one will fit over the Mumm-ra the eveliving Body (its scaled bigger to be in proportion that bigger body), So no, We're not getting an extra snarling Mumm-ra head.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Pumm Ra was a very, very odd choice for a figure.

I agree, its not a bad looking figure but as much as he is a character from a very well liked episode I dont think they should have made him so early in the series, there are a ton of characters that are more "important" than these 3rd tier characters they are putting in each wave, there are 5/6 Lunatacks (5 if you pack luna with amok), 4 Berserkers and a ton of other characters that should be done before these very episode specific characters, and dont get me started on the fact that we're 4 waves in and still no Snarf/Snarfer. 

As for the rest, Monkeian is the only one that Im completely good with, I like Linx-o but he's a little light on the accesories (thats a very empty looking package compared to the rest, they could have included snarf or snarfer with this one) and that Snarling head is looking weird, I would have rather him come with a head done in transluscent plastic with the face painted to simulate his glowing eyes/ears when he uses his powers, and even though Snowman looks really nice I would have prefered them to make him in a deluxe single release with snowmeow (which would free the space in this wave for someone else)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JayC said:

These are up now at  BigBadToyStore.com.

My order is in

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, abnuggler said:

I agree, its not a bad looking figure but as much as he is a character from a very well liked episode I dont think they should have made him so early in the series, there are a ton of characters that are more "important" than these 3rd tier characters they are putting in each wave, there are 5/6 Lunatacks (5 if you pack luna with amok), 4 Berserkers and a ton of other characters that should be done before these very episode specific characters, and dont get me started on the fact that we're 4 waves in and still no Snarf/Snarfer. 

As for the rest, Monkeian is the only one that Im completely good with, I like Linx-o but he's a little light on the accesories (thats a very empty looking package compared to the rest, they could have included snarf or snarfer with this one) and that Snarling head is looking weird, I would have rather him come with a head done in transluscent plastic with the face painted to simulate his glowing eyes/ears when he uses his powers, and even though Snowman looks really nice I would have prefered them to make him in a deluxe single release with snowmeow (which would free the space in this wave for someone else)

This is very well said!!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Nope, if I were collecting this line (I'm currently on the fence), these guys would be the last ones I'd like to see getting made, but when it comes to more recurrent characters than Mumm Ra disguised we've already mentioned several which, I think, would look more spectacular in the super7's ultimate format: Hachiman, Hammerhand, Mongor, Safari Joe, Ratar O, Capt. Shiner, etc; now in the category of least recurrents characters or in the category of the characters that never got a fig back in the 80's, Wiz Ra, Jagara, Mandora, the Amazons, that guy Pyron or king Claudus would be better choices, just my 2 cents.

Agreed.  There are many other choices.  They need to watch the episodes again and start making better decisions.  They lost MOTU.  They should be careful to not lose this too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jsmooth said:

Agreed.  There are many other choices.  They need to watch the episodes again and start making better decisions.  They lost MOTU.  They should be careful to not lose this too.

Mixing main characters with obscure ones I think makes perfect sense. Truth is ThunderCats has more obscure characters in it than known ones and if you put all the main ones out all at the front of the line then your left with figures that dont sell. Sure would I personally rather see Vultureman before Pummra? Of course, but from a business perspective this wave makes perfect sense. PummRa is essentially Mumm-Ra and also a kind of ThunderCat. Also was prominently featured in a season 1 episode. People tend to remember more from season 1 than they do say season 3. The wave has both Monkian and Lynx-O so there are your more mainstream characters along with two obscure ones. I actually remember PummRa better from the show than I do Snowman.

Super7 didn't loose MOTU. Mattle lent Super7 the license during a time when MOTU had nothing backing it, and once they knew the Netflix shows started moving forward, Mattel took it back in-house because they knew at that point they could get the big box stores to start carrying the line again. Had nothing to do with decisions Super7 made. The same would happen to ThunderCats if Mattel thought the big box retailers had any interest in carrying them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayC said:

Mixing main characters with obscure ones I think makes perfect sense. Truth is ThunderCats has more obscure characters in it than known ones and if you put all the main ones out all at the front of the line then your left with figures that dont sell. Sure would I personally rather see Vultureman before Pummra? Of course, but from a business perspective this wave makes perfect sense. PummRa is essentially Mumm-Ra and also a kind of ThunderCat. Also was prominently featured in a season 1 episode. People tend to remember more from season 1 than they do say season 3. The wave has both Monkian and Lynx-O so there are your more mainstream characters along with two obscure ones. I actually remember PummRa better from the show than I do Snowman.

Super7 didn't loose MOTU. Mattle lent Super7 the license during a time when MOTU had nothing backing it, and once they knew the Netflix shows started moving forward, Mattel took it back in-house because they knew at that point they could get the big box stores to start carrying the line again. Had nothing to do with decisions Super7 made. The same would happen to ThunderCats if Mattel thought the big box retailers had any interest in carrying them.

Thank you for that.  I agree with you now that you shared you thoughts. I guess it does make sense to mix it up that way from a business standpoint.

I had heard that Super 7 lost MOTU though because people were just not happy with they way they were handling it.  It also seemed like through interviews and things I watched that Super 7 seemed almost ashamed to not have the line anymore.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jsmooth said:

Thank you for that.  I agree with you now that you shared you thoughts. I guess it does make sense to mix it up that way from a business standpoint.

I had heard that Super 7 lost MOTU though because people were just not happy with they way they were handling it.  It also seemed like through interviews and things I watched that Super 7 seemed almost ashamed to not have the line anymore.

Nah. Mattel isn't gonna let someone else handle their baby when their is major entertainment backing it. If Super7 was ashamed I would say its because they entered an agreement that allowed Mattel to take it back at anytime. That to me seemed kinda stupid but since I wasn't privy to the contract negotiations between the two companies its hard to say for sure. ThunderCats was kinda like the consultation prize I think, but like I say, if Mattel saw the potential for real money to be made from ThunderCats in being able to sell them beyond the small niche collector market I think they would still be releasing those as well.

• Thanks 1