ThunderCats Ultimates Figures I Want To See From Super7

JayC

Between Mattel and Super7 we are very close to finally being able to complete the original ThunderCats team as well as Mumm-Ra and the original mutants with modern sculpted figures. Before I go over my wish list of figures I would love to see Super7 do next, lets recap everything we know has come or coming fairly soon.

First back in 2016 when Mattel first grabbed the license to do ThunderCats Classic figures, we got Wily Kit & Wily Kat in the forum of a SDCC exclusive 2-pack. I am sure at some point Super7 will get around to re-releasing these two in some way, but hopefully if you are collecting this line you've already gotten your hands on these.

ThunderCats-04__scaled_600.jpg

Now is the best time to switch to Verizon Fios
Get the 100% fiber optic network and get Internet and TV your way
Ad by Verizon Fios

See More

Next Mattel released their first wave of Classic figures which included Lion-O, Panthro, Jackalman, Mummified Mumm-Ra, and Pumyra.

Shortly after the release of that initial wave, Mattel decided to hand the ThunderCats off to Super7 so they could continue on with the line.

ThunderCats-01__scaled_600.jpg

Super7 renamed the line ThunderCats Ultimates, and for their first wave of figures re-released Lion-O, Panthro, Jackalman

and Mummified Mumm-Ra. These figures have updated accessories. The figure in my opinion with the best update is Mumm-Ra, who now includes a soft-good robe. This wave just started arriving in people's mailboxes and is available for purchase from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

ThunderCats-02__scaled_600.jpg

For Super7's second wave which has yet to be released, it will include a re-release of Pumyra. The Mattel version was to tall, so that should be fixed with this one. You also get additional accessories like the figures in the first wave.

The other figures include Grune, Mumm-Ra The Ever Living, and Tygra.

ThunderCats-03__scaled_600.jpg

The final wave we know about coming from Super7 for ThunderCats will include figures of Jaga, Captain Cracker, Slithe and Cheetara.

So after the third wave is released, we will have an almost complete set of the original ThunderCats team in figure form, (Jaga, Lion-O, Panthro, Tygra, Cheetara, Wily Kit & Wily Kat). The only one missing will be Snarf. which I don't know how they will release him. He would be to small of a character to be released as single figure, but important enough I can't see them not doing him. Why he wasn't included as pack-in with the Lion-O figure is a mystery to me. After all we are getting Ma-Mutt with the Mumm-Ra The Ever Living figure.

ThunderCats-14__scaled_600.jpg

For the bad guys we will have both versions of Mumm-Ra as well as mutant leader Slithe and Jackalman. Monkian is the only original mutant member we need, so hopefully he will be announced for wave 4.

ThunderCats-05__scaled_600.jpg

So besides Monkian and Snarf (and possibly Wily Kit & Wily Kat for those who missed the Mattel ones), here is my breakdown on the characters I would love to see Super7 do next.

ThunderCats-07__scaled_600.jpg

While not an original mutant team member, probably my favorite one of the bunch was Vultureman. I hope to see him and Monkian in wave 4.

ThunderCats-06__scaled_600.jpg

For good guys, I think the Berbils need to happen. They were the Ewoks of Third Earth but they played a major role in helping the ThunderCats get settled in to their new home. I think due to their small size Super7 should do a three pack featuring their leader Ro-Bear Bill, Ro-Bear Belle and a generic Berbill.

ThunderCats-08__scaled_600.jpg

Going back to the bad guys, rounding out the mutants is Ratar-O. He is another favorite of mine. He is a definite must for me to get the figure treatment.

ThunderCats-12__scaled_600.jpg

ThunderCats-09__scaled_600.jpg

ThunderCats-11__scaled_600.jpg

I suppose I should go back to good guys, and I am sure Super7 will continue to give us a mix of good guys and bad guys in each wave. For me however I would rather see figures of

Demolisher, Safari Joe and Driller before seeing any other good guy characters made. Hopefully Demolisher will come with his armadillo pilot Dirge and Joe will come with his robotic side-kick Mule.

ThunderCats-13__scaled_600.jpg

Ok so getting back to the good guys, we should get figures of Bengali and Lynx-O to round out the second wave of ThunderCats from the cartoon. These two would join Pumyra from wave 2.

ThunderCats-15__scaled_600.jpg

ThunderCats-16__scaled_600.jpg

This is getting far enough down the road that I'm inclined to say lets wait and see if Super7 is still doing ThunderCats figures by this point. Assuming they are and if I had to pick any more, I would like to see Mandora and Quick-Pick for good guys.

ThunderCats-10__scaled_600.jpg

And Captain Shiner for another bad guy. Truth is, as long as we get all the original ThunderCats and Monkian with maybe Vultureman to round out the mutants, I will be pretty happy. Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION below which characters you want to see Super7 do the most.

• Thanks 1

I'm getting a bit off topic here. But would be really be into now would be SilverHawks. These guys getting the ultimate treatment would be amazing.

But I agree with every pick. Mandora is one of my favorites.

Also I need Kit and Kat. Back in 2016 they were costing a small fortune I'm my home Country.

• Thanks 1

Would absolutely love some Silverhawks, I think if anyone would pick up the license it's Super7. I have the wave 1 Lion-O and am very pleased with what I see, I'm all for any character seeing a figure. Just happy that there is an ongoing Thundercats line finally!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 80sboy4 said:

Would absolutely love some Silverhawks, I think if anyone would pick up the license it's Super7. I have the wave 1 Lion-O and am very pleased with what I see, I'm all for any character seeing a figure. Just happy that there is an ongoing Thundercats line finally!!

I'm still debating on whether to get the Super7 wave 1 Mumm-Ra. The plastic cape on the Mattel one sucks but not sure its worth paying $40 for.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JayC said:

I personally would rather see someone finish out ThunderCats before seeing Silverhawks or Tigersharks.

I think they could  start Silverhawks when they are around wave 6 or 7 and at least 3 waves released. They take too long to deliver stuff. People might get annoyed and give up. Imagine taking 6 years or more to complete a line. Given try fact that there s lot of characters but not limitless. It's not marvel. I'm happy that they have almost completed the reveal for the core characters. Silverhaws doesn't have as many. 

You forgot to mention a Thundertank. I would be happy forever.

• Thanks 1

I don't collect this line, since I don't believe we ever got a chance here in Canada, and well Super7 is way to much money, if these figures were cheaper I'd be collecting them

how about a Astral Moat Monster, Mongor, Madbubbler, Stinger and Tuska! , if Super7 was gonna do it right they should just give the collectors every one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to see wave 4 be:
- Lynx-o
- Monkian
- One of the Twins with Snarf
- Though I'd like to see vultureman Im sure theyll instead make the 4th figure a less important character secondary character like they did with Captain Cracker 

for wave 5 Id like to see:
- Bengali
- Vulture man
- The other Twin with Snarfer
- And start with one of the Pirates or the Lunattacks

Then they could just keep releasing for each wave the rest of the lunatacks and or the pirates along with another third tier villian, and secondary ally like Willa, Nadya, maybe make 2 packs of the berbils (like Ro-Bear-Bill with Ro-Bear-Bob and Ro-Bear-Belee with Ro-Bear-Bert) 

I'd also like to see special Deluxe oversized figures as standalone figures in between waves like:
- Mandora and her ElectroCharger
- Snowman & Snowmeow Set
- Hachiman and Dojikage
- Luna & Amok
- Some of the smaller vehicles like the Thunderclaw, the Hovercat, The mutant Nosediver and The mutant Sky Cuter, and Chilla's Ice Runner.

And then do a yearly big vehicle like the Thundertank (first), The Thunderstriker, The mutank, The Fistpounder.  

• Thanks 1

Got my figures (Wave 1 ) yesterday.  they look so great and this line has the potential to make so many awesome figures from one of the best cartoon lines of all time!!!  I hope they go all out and make even obscure figures!

ONE THING THOUGH....PLEASE....PLEASE...PLEASE....SUPER 7....I AM BEGGING YOU PLEASE....NO MORE SLIPCOVER PACKAGING!!!!!!  I WANT TO SEE THE TOYS WHEN THEY ARE DISPLAYED!!!!

ANYONE ELSE FEEL THIS WAY????

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JayC said:

I'm still debating on whether to get the Super7 wave 1 Mumm-Ra. The plastic cape on the Mattel one sucks but not sure its worth paying $40 for.

Look at Pixel Dan comparison video so you can decide JayC.

20 hours ago, FASVB said:

I think they could  start Silverhawks when they are around wave 6 or 7 and at least 3 waves released. They take too long to deliver stuff. People might get annoyed and give up. Imagine taking 6 years or more to complete a line. Given try fact that there s lot of characters but not limitless. It's not marvel. I'm happy that they have almost completed the reveal for the core characters. Silverhaws doesn't have as many. 

You forgot to mention a Thundertank. I would be happy forever.

I really think Silverhawks will come next year as one of the new licenses Super 7 got.

1 hour ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I really think Silverhawks will come next year as one of the new licenses Super 7 got.

Completing a line in 6-7 years....man I have been trying to complete my vintage MOTU collection for 20 years!!!!!

I can wait...just no more slip case covers.  Let me see the merchandise.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 7:57 PM, jsmooth said:

You are missing out. the Thundercats look good.

Figures look decent with the sculpted details and headsculpts, they seem to have a good amount of accessories but they also seem to be using that ugly @$$ MOTU body so that's a pass for me especially at $45 per figure. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Belmont13 said:

Figures look decent with the sculpted details and headsculpts, they seem to have a good amount of accessories but they also seem to be using that ugly @$$ MOTU body so that's a pass for me especially at $45 per figure. 

They look better in person.  I personally love the accessories.  So many key items that link to key moments in the series!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jsmooth said:

Tell me what you think.  I want to ask everyone...do you think these are 50.00 figures?  i mean that is basically what they come out to be when you order with shipping.

Lion-O yes, Mumm-Ra no... If the ever leaving cost more like almost $70 the why Mumm-Ra cost the same as the other figures since is skinnier? I guess because of all the accessories that comes with it. The likeness is pretty good anyways... I would enjoy more having the ever leaving Mumm-Ra.

8 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Lion-O yes, Mumm-Ra no... If the ever leaving cost more like almost $70 the why Mumm-Ra cost the same as the other figures since is skinnier? I guess because of all the accessories that comes with it. The likeness is pretty good anyways... I would enjoy more having the ever leaving Mumm-Ra.

I am sure they will make him.  i have a feeling that Super 7 is going to make this series into something like what Mattycollector did.  Mattycollector made so many figures - all the classics - but then unproduced ones - comic variants...

• Thanks 1