Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990 Movie) – 7" Scale Accessory Set From NECA

JayC

6 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

I picked up the movie version of this diorama NECA had at their SDCC booth a couple of years ago. I’d say unless you are really stacking figures on top of one another you’re looking at 20 to 25 figures and even 25 is a stretch. That said it’s a cool piece and this one is pretty much the same but with a new deco. 

Seeing as I already have the SDCC one I’m not sure about getting this one.  In a different year I’d probably get it but with the pandemic and work being slow due to the film/television industry shut down I need to think it over.  NECA has been coming out with a lot of stuff, I just bought the Haslab Sentinels and there is apparently another Haslab preorder coming plus all the Hasbro SDCC/Pulse Con exclusives coming up so this might be the one item I need to skip.  So really have to think this one over.  

Ditto the accessory set.  The baby turtles are a definite want but $50 is a lot for those.  Some of the other items would be nice too but when it comes to alternate heads etc most of those are really just going to end up in a bin.  

That's what I was thinking that 20 at most is a good capacity of figures so everything looks ok in the scene...

Can you post a picture of your movie TMNT diorama please?

18 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

That's what I was thinking that 20 at most is a good capacity of figures so everything looks ok in the scene...

Can you post a picture of your movie TMNT diorama please?

Sure thing.  I used to have my Playmates classic turtles up on the top roof but recently moved them knowing I’d need to fill up the space with more of the NECA stuff.  FE5FECB3-C63B-4F33-99A1-97D1C504722D.thumb.jpeg.1436074275ada6890360713c97fbe930.jpegF0D00332-9E39-4A1A-A9CA-0F9EF228AF85.thumb.jpeg.68f30a356010042a8b0f0ec80712172e.jpeg82CD102D-D3D5-4046-B22C-A3D60C00445D.thumb.jpeg.f0a81d2be082db407d9b7852c95c5432.jpeg2E28DF2F-E924-4E91-969E-18566221300D.thumb.jpeg.a48ba296393453e2f5864850f98d50f5.jpeg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Sure thing.  I used to have my Playmates classic turtles up on the top roof but recently moved them knowing I’d need to fill up the space with more of the NECA stuff.  FE5FECB3-C63B-4F33-99A1-97D1C504722D.thumb.jpeg.1436074275ada6890360713c97fbe930.jpegF0D00332-9E39-4A1A-A9CA-0F9EF228AF85.thumb.jpeg.68f30a356010042a8b0f0ec80712172e.jpeg82CD102D-D3D5-4046-B22C-A3D60C00445D.thumb.jpeg.f0a81d2be082db407d9b7852c95c5432.jpeg2E28DF2F-E924-4E91-969E-18566221300D.thumb.jpeg.a48ba296393453e2f5864850f98d50f5.jpeg

Wow it looks packed with that small amount of Figures... This diorama is kind of dark... Thanks for the pictures man. I certainly think the cartoon diorama looks cooler than this movie one.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

Bummer, I was hoping for the Walmart exclusives Movie Ninja Turtles 2 packs to get the preorder treatment. 

I was hoping the same for the cartoon April and Casey Jones... Now I will have to buy them on eBay because I'm not expecting miracles from Target...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Wow it looks packed with that small amount of Figures... This diorama is kind of dark... Thanks for the pictures man. I certainly think the cartoon diorama looks cooler than this movie one.

Yeah it absolutely is darker and going for a more “realistic” and thus less colorful look.  The new toon one has a lot more vibrancy which is one of the reasons I’m still considering it despite having this SDCC one. 

And yeah having even 8 figures per level is a pretty tight fit so no way can I see putting more than that.  Really I think 20 figures (or less) would be all you’d want to do.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

Yeah it absolutely is darker and going for a more “realistic” and thus less colorful look.  The new toon one has a lot more vibrancy which is one of the reasons I’m still considering it despite having this SDCC one. 

And yeah having even 8 figures per level is a pretty tight fit so no way can I see putting more than that.  Really I think 20 figures (or less) would be all you’d want to do.  

Totally agree with that... I think I might get that diorama for my turtle NECA collection...

14 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

See this one I would go for, I like the darker colors more and it works better for what I wanted which is to display my Marvel Lege Daredevil and street level characters.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

See this one I would go for, I like the darker colors more and it works better for what I wanted which is to display my Marvel Lege Daredevil and street level characters.

Well you may get it from eBay or maybe InspectorZartan would like to sell it to you so he can buy new one for the cartoon turtles...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Well you may get it from eBay or maybe InspectorZartan would like to sell it to you so he can buy new one for the cartoon turtles...

Its not something that I'm looking to get right now since I recently moved to a new place and I dont have the proper space for it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Nah, I think I’ll definitely be keeping this one.  It’s just a question of rather or not to get the new one also.  Before it’s all said and done with the number of figures NECA is putting out I probably could fill up both with their figures alone.  To fit the second one though I think in addition to spending the money I’d also need to rearrange my Turtle collection and maybe relocate a Voltron shelf somewhere else (although I’m not sure where it would go).  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Nah, I think I’ll definitely be keeping this one.  It’s just a question of rather or not to get the new one also.  Before it’s all said and done with the number of figures NECA is putting out I probably could fill up both with their figures alone.  To fit the second one though I think in addition to spending the money I’d also need to rearrange my Turtle collection and maybe relocate a Voltron shelf somewhere else (although I’m not sure where it would go).  

Voltron? Nice... Do you have the Super 7 version and the Mattel SDCC?

On 9/5/2020 at 6:10 PM, Belmont13 said:

Its not something that I'm looking to get right now since I recently moved to a new place and I dont have the proper space for it.

I been in your shoes before having to move to a room, and having to have my collection all storaged In boxes one on top of the other... those were the days when I was single and don't even have the guts nor the motivation to go to the Bank and ask the question on how the get a house...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Voltron? Nice... Do you have the Super 7 version and the Mattel SDCC?

Yup picked up the SDCC Mattel one at the booth the year it came out and the Super7 one is currently sitting in my Pile of Loot at bbts.  Also have the SDCC Playmates Lions, the Giant Mattycollector one, the older Matchbox and Panosh stuff including the Castle of Lions Playset.  So it would be a pretty sizable shelf to relocate.  That said it would make sense to move it as it’s the only non Turtles shelf in that specific display case.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, InspectorZartan said:

Yup picked up the SDCC Mattel one at the booth the year it came out and the Super7 one is currently sitting in my Pile of Loot at bbts.  Also have the SDCC Playmates Lions, the Giant Mattycollector one, the older Matchbox and Panosh stuff including the Castle of Lions Playset.  So it would be a pretty sizable shelf to relocate.  That said it would make sense to move it as it’s the only non Turtles shelf in that specific display case.  

Now I get it... That's an impressive collection right there of just Voltron figures...

The diorama is cool but too much for me to fathom and I dont collect the cartoon line. The movie accessory pack is very tempting but I think I will probably pass on it as well. Theres alot of neat things in there but do I really need them? are they going to just go into an accessory bin and be forgotten? 

• Thanks 1

Ah damn it. I didn't realize today was the cut off on the accessory set. My buddy was wanting that one. Doubly annoying as he had me order the Rocksteady/Bebop set, but then wound up finding it last Sunday at a Target! So now (because he's gloriously impatient about stuff), he'll wind up with 2 sets of RS/BB & no set of the accessories. Argh!

• Thanks 1

So I ended up ordering the new diatoms set.  Shipping on it cost $20 and given the fact that I know how big/heavy this is from buying the SDCC version this shipping price seems reasonable.  That said, I was on the fence with the accessory set so decided to see how much extra it would cost with combined shipping.  Adding the accessory set bumped the shipping price up $15 taking it from $20 up to $35. That’s outrageous and definitely closed the door on me adding the accessory set to my order.  At $50 that was already looking like way too much for some baby turtles and items I’d likely never use but going up to $65 (plus tax) and I had to pass on adding that set.  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, InspectorZartan said:

So I ended up ordering the new diatoms set.  Shipping on it cost $20 and given the fact that I know how big/heavy this is from buying the SDCC version this shipping price seems reasonable.  That said, I was on the fence with the accessory set so decided to see how much extra it would cost with combined shipping.  Adding the accessory set bumped the shipping price up $15 taking it from $20 up to $35. That’s outrageous and definitely closed the door on me adding the accessory set to my order.  At $50 that was already looking like way too much for some baby turtles and items I’d likely never use but going up to $65 (plus tax) and I had to pass on adding that set.  

Good for you the making the order...

Hopefully I order the diorama from someone else or NECA if they open another pre-order.