JayC

Hasbro Announce Pulse-Con 2020 For September 25-26

I want to see all the details for GI Joe... I saw the picture of Peter Optimus Prime for the invites probably for Transformers...

Oh, I didn't know they were doing ReAction figures based on Marvel heroes...they look terrible, why not give Marvel Universe a revival instead? , I mean, they did it with the retro GI Joe.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Oh, I didn't know they were doing ReAction figures based on Marvel heroes...they look terrible, why not give Marvel Universe a revival instead? , I mean, they did it with the retro GI Joe.

I don't think Super 7 is involved in this... 

50 minutes ago, Goldbug said:

Marvel 4 inch is back with retro packaging

unfortunately these are downgraded overpriced 5 points of articulation figures

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvel-legends-are-going-old-school-with-retro-packaging-and-figures/1100-6482465/

Not really back, its a limited thing just like the Star Wars and Real Ghostbusters line. The whole point is nostalgia but its not like this is meant to be a new Marvel Universe line or something.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

I don't think Super 7 is involved in this... 

I think he was being sarcastic since the Super7 ReAction figures are marketed to the same people these are aimed at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm joking of course, because of the similarities between both lines. But seriously Hasbro should consider bringing back MU.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

I'm joking of course, because of the similarities between both lines. But seriously Hasbro should consider bringing back MU.

Dont see it happening.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Belmont13 said:

I'm too busy to sit and watch those presentations, I'll just catch the highlights when I have time.

Huh, that's the way I watch the Super-Bowl . . . well, the Super-Bowl ads.

I'll probably just wait for the write-ups afterward. I just can't drum up the interest to put forth any special effort to watch, especially if all they discuss are more vague hints about "The Coming Thing," over-priced "Deluxe" and "Exclusive" figures.

Just not in the mood for it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mako said:

Huh, that's the way I watch the Super-Bowl . . . well, the Super-Bowl ads.

I'll probably just wait for the write-ups afterward. I just can't drum up the interest to put forth any special effort to watch, especially if all they discuss are more vague hints about "The Coming Thing," over-priced "Deluxe" and "Exclusive" figures.

Just not in the mood for it.

Oh, I don't watch football, ever, I used to watch the Super Bowl Ads but they have gotten less clever over the years and the movies Super Bowl spot was 90% footage we have seen in the official trailer, so not really worth my time. Fridays are especially busy for me because I have both children at home that require much attention. Besides, I can pretty much guess what they are going to show for my favorite lines and odds are that stuff will be leaked the day before. Honestly, I'm looking forward more to official confirmation and preorders going live for figures I know are coming. 

• Thanks 1

LOL, so apparently Hasbro is gonna try and make this a regular retail line (talking the Marvel Retro figures) which will be sold as single pack figures.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JayC said:

LOL, so apparently Hasbro is gonna try and make this a regular retail line (talking the Marvel Retro figures) which will be sold as single pack figures.

Nice...

Ugh...

On Facebook I read that the price for the single carded figures will be $20 bucks? . I honestly don't think they dare ask that much for figures like that.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Ugh...

On Facebook I read that the price for the single carded figures will be $20 bucks? . I honestly don't think they dare ask that much for figures like that.

If they are collectors items then yes they will do that...👍

32 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

If they are collectors items then yes they will do that...👍

Honestly I don't see it that way, do you really, really think they're collector items?.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr_Scary92 said:

Ugh...

My guess someone got confused and saw the price for the 2-pack. How would a single figure cost the same as a 2-pack?  I don't think they've announced what the price for the single packs will be which arent gonna be out until next year. I will say if they tried selling 5POA figures for $20 each the line would have no chance of lasting.

• Thanks 1

And no these aren't collectors items, why would they be???? They are 5POA figures based really on nothing. All this line really is going to do is piss off the MU collectors who have been wanting Hasbro to bring back articulated 3.75" figures. Hasbro's argument for killing that line was cost of them in today's market was not doable. No one would pay $15-$17 for a 3.75" figure when they could get a 6" one for $20. Even at $13+ my guess a lot of those MU guys are going be saying why would someone pay that much for a non-articulated figure and not a couple bucks more for an articulated one, which I would say is a legit question.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Satam said:

Pulse exclusive preorders seem to be going pretty well.

Sorta, they went to pre-orders without telling anyone so there has been confusion on that. If you see your ship date is Oct then it means you were able to buy from their initial stock. If your item is listed with a March ship date then it means they sold out but started taking pre-orders.

What's not entirely clear at the moment is if they will be keep pre-orders open through Sunday no matter how many orders they get so anyone who wants one can get it, or if they only allocated a certain number of pre-orders for each item and when those are gone they are done. Some items are listed as SOLD OUT like the Clone 3 pack for SW and the Transformers set, so it looks like the pre-orders might be limited. Seems kinda crazy to me that if they are going to open pre-orders, they wouldn't keep them open through the weekend and let as many people who want these get a chance at em, though I suppose if they did that, some people who paid $50 to ensure they got the stuff might get a bit irked.

• Thanks 1

I'm seeing a lot of people upset at the preorder part, having to wait till March to get their items and the Premium membership. I got the preorder for the only one I was interested in which was the Hellfire Club set, well my wife got it, I was at work. I'm more OK with waiting till March than I am at paying for the Premium membership which I probably won't use as much.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Belmont13 said:

I'm seeing a lot of people upset at the preorder part, having to wait till March to get their items and the Premium membership. I got the preorder for the only one I was interested in which was the Hellfire Club set, well my wife got it, I was at work. I'm more OK with waiting till March than I am at paying for the Premium membership which I probably won't use as much.

Yeah I would def rather wait than pay $50.

• Thanks 1

Can't say for sure but I don't think any of you outside Canada and the US will be able to watch PulseCon live.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JayC said:

Yeah I would def rather wait than pay $50.

Today I was able to make my pre orders for the Transformers Quintessons Pit set and the GI Joe Supreme Cobra Commander...

I went almost at 1:00pm while working and the process was fast...

17 minutes ago, Roadpigmaster said:

Today I was able to make my pre orders for the Transformers Quintessons Pit set and the GI Joe Supreme Cobra Commander...

I went almost at 1:00pm while working and the process was fast...

Yeah once they went to pre-orders things went pretty smoothly.

• Thanks 1